Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1551965579451539457

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1551974381571768320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Baliyan Akki and Emi Sakura with fan
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1552001672888696836

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/SNM_Buddy/status/1551786560822976512

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mrpec_tacular/status/1552079053213110273?s=21&t=mWxxlQKdNalYNeV7kRgTmQ

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Imagine the sting of no longer being able to tell yourself that you were the most famous wrestler to be on Big Brother

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Is Brandon Thurston saying the perception that AEW gives talent more creative freedom diminished because Vince retired? That's quite a lol.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is Brandon Thurston saying the perception that AEW gives talent more creative freedom diminished because Vince retired? That's quite a lol.

The Gresham stuff may have also helped peoples opinion or at least those wrestlers who like gresham

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
People are making a LOOOOT of assumptions about how WWE is gonna be run before we've even really seen it

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

TV Zombie posted:

The Gresham stuff may have also helped peoples opinion or at least those wrestlers who like gresham

The Gresham falling out makes a lot more sense. I figured Brandon was referring to Vince's retirement because he followed up the statement with post-Vince RAW stuff.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you want true creative freedom, you have to start your own company and

Change
Your
Narrative

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nice to hear Dave Meltzer guesting on this track.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Triple H has proven much more willing to push wrestlers of all different types and styles

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Nice to hear Dave Meltzer guesting on this track.

lmao

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rarity posted:

Triple H has proven much more willing to push wrestlers of all different types and styles

HHH’s idea of a gimmick is usually just putting a leather jacket on them though.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I believe it once HHH and Steph finally honoured the last Vince script out of the 500 episodes of RAW and Smackdown he wrote while on a coke bender that'd put TK to shame.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Drakkel posted:

People are making a LOOOOT of assumptions about how WWE is gonna be run before we've even really seen it

You have to remember that in its heyday, NXT under HHH's management was a genuinely great product, which at times was white-hot, and probably the last time anything within the WWE brand could unironically be considered "must see." Hell, even on PPV weekends, even if the WWE-branded show was a bit poo poo, you could still rest assured that the NXT TakeOver event was probably going to be a banger of a show.

You're also free to remember how the quality took a nosedive around the time the show went from 1 hour to 2, and what was an excellent main event feud between Gagano and Ciampa ended up dragged out to the point where it ended up concluding with a wet fart of a match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2017/2018 NXT got me back watching wrestling after like 2 decades

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I totally get why Drakkel is sceptical. There's plenty of reason to be, but it's not hard to see why people would also be hoping for the best at this stage.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Trips had the indies, full of absurdly well-developed talent to raid, and he had absolutely no necessity to book any of them well after their 'story' in NXT was done because they'd just be going up to the main roster anyway. Time will tell how he does long term but the advantages that existed for him in the heyday of B&G (especially the format) don't exist in his new role.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Triple H was very successful at taking the talent and booking style of the mid 2010s super-indies and turning it into a pared down solid wrestling product for a particular audience.

What we haven't seen yet is whether this will translate to booking arena live shows with a very different talent base. He will probably be much better than Vince. That's not that high a bar to clear.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Once the Vince-stench wears off, I imagine there will be an upward trajectory in the quality of the product. That said, I'll be waiting to see if it's enough to warrant me re-activating my network account.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

edogawa rando posted:

Once the Vince-stench wears off, I imagine there will be an upward trajectory in the quality of the product. That said, I'll be waiting to see if it's enough to warrant me re-activating my network account.

Sincerely I hope they right the ship and make a good product. The more good wrestling the better. But I'm very wait-and-see.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Speaking for myself I will refuse to watch them because of the Saudi deal so I don't want them to get better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wish Bayley was in AEW :smith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pylons posted:

Speaking for myself I will refuse to watch them because of the Saudi deal so I don't want them to get better.

i'd like for them to get better but that would also include ending the saudi deal, which shouldn't be hard if the rumors are true that they've really resisted actually paying wwe the money

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So much stuff would have to change in the wwe for me to watch it again that it basically wouldn’t be wwe anymore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

So much stuff would have to change in the wwe for me to watch it again that it basically wouldn’t be wwe anymore

sounds good!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lamuella posted:

Triple H was very successful at taking the talent and booking style of the mid 2010s super-indies and turning it into a pared down solid wrestling product for a particular audience.

What we haven't seen yet is whether this will translate to booking arena live shows with a very different talent base. He will probably be much better than Vince. That's not that high a bar to clear.

I hope it feels something like the NXT invasion episode of Raw that happened when most of the main roster was stuck in Saudi, that was my favourite episode of main roster WWE TV in recent memory.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

Trips had the indies, full of absurdly well-developed talent to raid, and he had absolutely no necessity to book any of them well after their 'story' in NXT was done because they'd just be going up to the main roster anyway. Time will tell how he does long term but the advantages that existed for him in the heyday of B&G (especially the format) don't exist in his new role.

He has one more indie to raid now: AEW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seams posted:

Not seeing the problem here

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Endless Mike posted:

Not seeing the problem here

I mean the only problem is it’s not gonna happen but in that case I don’t have to watch Fed programs so it’s a win for me either way.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lamuella posted:

Sincerely I hope they right the ship and make a good product. The more good wrestling the better. But I'm very wait-and-see.
it's also possible this generation's monday night wars are gonna get kicked up a notch with the full force of twitter, facebook, reddit, and this dead forum if wwe's A-shows become the most watchable it's been since... the shield, I guess

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think at best wwe is going to be competent but extremely boring.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

wwe gonna deal with aew the same way it dealt with wcw, sorry guys, the game's in charge and that means the game is over

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It will be like old NXT, except the era where everyone on the roster had to put over Karrion Kross.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwe will be like... chicken pot pie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i don't think wwe is suddenly going to start doing cool deathmatches on cable tv or have lots of blood or as much violence so i think aew will still be for me

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll believe HHH is in power and improving poo poo once Theory loses his MITB cash in / Roman loses to Finn Balor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin