Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

There is a movement on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Ah, Elon, you sat in the black dirt, didn't ya?

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1549138571625365516?s=20&t=5p4LbZmPUW62GogYkqtnJQ

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Goddammit Elon bought Spanakopita didn't he.

Also I'm travelling for work and can never sleep right when I'm not home but the soothing tones of VB has lifted my spirits for the last two nights in a row.

The first night I woke up just as the Monarch declared how much he wants to build an empire to house the machine to kick Rusty's rear end.

Last night was "Blasted Mallomars my tits are back!"

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Elon Musk is St. Cloud

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nonexistence posted:

Elon Musk is St. Cloud

Hey, this isn't fair. St. Cloud is only an rear end in a top hat to White and the Qwhizhbhoyyy. He seems to be well aware of his personal limitations with regards to others (choosing to placate them with mhoneee) and got a healthy reminder when breaking into Billy's mom's house when he drifts from his lane.

Musk is honestly more of a cross between Phantom Limb and Fat Chance.

I don't see St. Cloud *ever* calling some dude a pedophile on Twitter, for instance.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

pablo gbscobar posted:

Why does it walk like it needs to take a dump?

He's having a push.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Pope Guilty posted:

Elon just needs to take a push.

Gross.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Stop saying push.

Push

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm going to laugh when we find out Rusty and Malcolm's relationship is something as mundane as Jonas and Fitzcarraldo being cousins or some poo poo.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 22, 2022

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Does anyone have a link to the original Jonny Quest cartoon segment that they copied scene for scene in The Terminus Mandate episode? The one with the puppy knocking over the head of Anubis and scaring away some bunglers.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceD4zhA6Hws

hatty fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 23, 2022

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
SILENCE THE ANIMAL!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

^^^Thank you goons^^^

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You need to use [BB] > insert video on Android. I know web does it auto for video tags and I think iOS app does too.

edit: embed is now in OP everyone's gotta learn sometime.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 23, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oop sorry

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to laugh when we find out Rusty and Malcolm's relationship is something as mundane as Jonas and Fitzcarraldo being cousins or some poo poo.

I'm looking forward to it turning out that Mrs Blue Morpho is just Jonas's sister and it simply never came up that Rusty has an aunt.

The "potent science" was factually correct: he's referring to genetic engineering.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wait are they not just half-brothers?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

every single character is a venture bros

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

All clones of Lloyd Venture

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sash! posted:

I'm looking forward to it turning out that Mrs Blue Morpho is just Jonas's sister and it simply never came up that Rusty has an aunt.

The "potent science" was factually correct: he's referring to genetic engineering.

This would be absolutely hilarious if that was the one genuine thing Jonas ever did. His sister came over and he did in vitro fertilization with an embryo created from her and BM.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Cojawfee posted:

This would be absolutely hilarious if that was the one genuine thing Jonas ever did. His sister came over and he did in vitro fertilization with an embryo created from her and BM.

The Monarch turns out to be a more linearly direct descendant of the Venture family and the courts declare him the rightful heir of Jonas Venture. He promptly evicts Rusty, who takes shelter in the now-abandoned cocoon...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pope Guilty posted:

The Monarch turns out to be a more linearly direct descendant of the Venture family and the courts declare him the rightful heir of Jonas Venture. He promptly evicts Rusty, who takes shelter in the now-abandoned cocoon...

Who receives a visit from Dr. Killinger, to break him out of his funk of dilly-dallying undt schtinkin' thinkin.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kesper North posted:

Who receives a visit from Dr. Killinger, to break him out of his funk of dilly-dallying undt schtinkin' thinkin.

That could be a fun season.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Rusty would be a terrible supervillain because supervillains are antagonists and in superhero stories antagonists are the people with all the agency- the villains are the ones trying to change the status quo to fulfill some agenda. Rusty would be a terrible villain because he's got no motivation or agency larger than "keep the money rolling in" or "get laid tonight" or "have your ego flattered". It'd be an entire season of that scene from the testicular torsion episode where the Monarch has Brock and Hank and is trying pretend he's got a bustling, busy cocoon going on and eventually asks "What do we usually do?", only for Brock to give the Monarch something to respond to.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I had no idea it was basically 1-1, that rules.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Rusty would be a terrible supervillain because supervillains are antagonists and in superhero stories antagonists are the people with all the agency- the villains are the ones trying to change the status quo to fulfill some agenda. Rusty would be a terrible villain because he's got no motivation or agency larger than "keep the money rolling in" or "get laid tonight" or "have your ego flattered". It'd be an entire season of that scene from the testicular torsion episode where the Monarch has Brock and Hank and is trying pretend he's got a bustling, busy cocoon going on and eventually asks "What do we usually do?", only for Brock to give the Monarch something to respond to.

I gotta disagree. The Rusty/Killinger episode showed Rusty would be a great supervillain. His general funk is largely due to him trying to be a hero and it's a round hole square peg situation.

It's one of Rusty's few bits of self actualisation and backbone that he rejects this, regardless of how much better his life would be.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He'd be a terrible supervillain in the same way he's a terrible superscientist: his heart isn't in it. Sure, he'd be better at making unethical gadgets and gizmos than ethical ones, but at the end of the day superscience isn't something he went into because he loves it, it's something he did to try to be like his dad. Plus, he's not in the whole hero/villain game because he wants to be, it's all due to people wanting to get at Jonas's son.

At the end of the day, Rusty would probably be best suited as just a regular guy in some crappy job that has nothing to do with living in the shadow of his father. Maybe a travel agent or something.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

feedmyleg posted:

At the end of the day, Rusty would probably be best suited as just a regular guy in some crappy job that has nothing to do with living in the shadow of his father. Maybe a travel agent or something.

He seems to be good at the whole cloning and genetics thing, although he may not be a reliable source on actually removing the 'ticking timebomb of cancers' he said he removed from the clone of that one child.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

We have flashes from all across the series that show that Doc is actually capable of being the superscientist the world expected him to be. He's just so hosed up by what that life has already done to him that he can't apply himself.

Of course most of the stuff he does invent is like super evil, like the murdered orphan machine or the super-roofy that makes people into praying mantis'. Stuff like the ORB episode and some of the later seasons show him to be trying to be a good guy most of the time. But still, murdered orphan machine and all.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DaysBefore posted:

We have flashes from all across the series that show that Doc is actually capable of being the superscientist the world expected him to be. He's just so hosed up by what that life has already done to him that he can't apply himself.

Of course most of the stuff he does invent is like super evil, like the murdered orphan machine or the super-roofy that makes people into praying mantis'. Stuff like the ORB episode and some of the later seasons show him to be trying to be a good guy most of the time. But still, murdered orphan machine and all.

Hey, its not like he used the whole orphan.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's never stated he killed the orphan himself and if you've got an orphan heart lying around going to waste are you just going to toss it in the trash? that would be the real crime i say.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

He'd be a terrible supervillain in the same way he's a terrible superscientist: his heart isn't in it. Sure, he'd be better at making unethical gadgets and gizmos than ethical ones, but at the end of the day superscience isn't something he went into because he loves it, it's something he did to try to be like his dad. Plus, he's not in the whole hero/villain game because he wants to be, it's all due to people wanting to get at Jonas's son.

Rusty's successful inventions are almost always supervillian-y. They establish this in the very first episode, when he melts a little city with the Oo-Ray. He creates zombies. He creates the joy can (from an orphan). He creates roofies that also turn you into a giant insect. Killinger points Rusty toward supervillainy because he's actually an effective supervillain, completely by accident.

Is the teleporter the only invention that isn't just obviously something a supervillain would create? Maybe that's Billy and White's influence

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

QuarkJets posted:

Rusty's successful inventions are almost always supervillian-y. They establish this in the very first episode, when he melts a little city with the Oo-Ray. He creates zombies. He creates the joy can (from an orphan). He creates roofies that also turn you into a giant insect. Killinger points Rusty toward supervillainy because he's actually an effective supervillain, completely by accident.

Is the teleporter the only invention that isn't just obviously something a supervillain would create? Maybe that's Billy and White's influence

The teleporter has been half done for a few years. JJ half finished one while Rusty was finding himself.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Uh hello, Walking Eye. It has hundreds of practical applications.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shrink ray too.

but also

Sokani posted:

reconnaissance applications

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Now I want Rusty in a seat on Helper's giant eye body that now shoots eye lasers because come on that was obviously implied look at it.

The question is what's Brock doing? Hatred went back to the OSI because he needed a job, I bet he'd have no problem being a number 2.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Monkey proof welding.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sokani posted:

Rusty didn't invent that, he has no idea what it does. Dr Venture Sr probably captured that thing from Dr. Zin back in the day

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Shrink ray too.

Rusty's father made that

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

QuarkJets posted:

Rusty's father made that
Fair. He did finish up the teleporter! (poorly (and he really just hit the on button))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Rusty also claimed to have designed the Gargantua 2 rayshields in every way, he just left it to the interns to actually build it.