Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe they want to get closer or through Ironheart first?

Also, I didn't even realize she was in the WF trailer. The girl that Shuri is greeting in that lab shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lobok posted:

Maybe they want to get closer or through Ironheart first?

Also, I didn't even realize she was in the WF trailer. The girl that Shuri is greeting in that lab shot.

The one she cuts a heart made of iron for?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

The one she cuts a heart made of iron for?

Oh man, my memory is terrible. I forgot about those shots. I should say, I didn't realize that was her shaking Shuri's hand.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I imagine she'll be in WF in the same way Black Knight was in Eternals, though

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Opopanax posted:

I imagine she'll be in WF in the same way Black Knight was in Eternals, though

Nah, apparently she's pretty integral to the plot of the movie according to some of the leaks.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

X-O posted:

Nah, apparently she's pretty integral to the plot of the movie according to some of the leaks.

she also has at least one armor in the film, it's in the merchandising and promo art even if it's not shown in the trailer

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume Riri is part of that whole Wakanda outreach program and because she is literally a super genius she is brought to Wakanda for further study. She's there when poo poo goes down.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

IGN posted two clips of the Sandman show, one of Lucifer and one of Death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0v_A6gBTQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVzc386yRI

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Adnor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVzc386yRI

Wow. That was really well done.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess they didn’t really change her look at all, but it doesn’t look as dated as I would have figured.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good clip of Death. The actress did well in showing the kindness she has.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Really surprised that they basically did the Death scene straight from the comic. It is a great scene in the comic and I liked that they kept all the same touches. I am wondering now how much new stuff they will add, or at least make different, and how much will just be lifted from the comic 1:1.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Madkal posted:

Really surprised that they basically did the Death scene straight from the comic. It is a great scene in the comic and I liked that they kept all the same touches. I am wondering now how much new stuff they will add, or at least make different, and how much will just be lifted from the comic 1:1.
It's not totally 1:1 from what Gaiman has said and he has been going "if you want that listen to the audio book"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

It's not totally 1:1 from what Gaiman has said and he has been going "if you want that listen to the audio book"

I do sort of wish they'd gotten Taron Egerton to be Constantine in the show as he's really good in the audio, but Coleman will probably be great

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gaz-L posted:

I do sort of wish they'd gotten Taron Egerton to be Constantine in the show as he's really good in the audio, but Coleman will probably be great

Man the Audiobook casting is so good across the board. I was really impressed with everyone. Kat Dennings sounds exactly as I heard Death in my head reading the book.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

Man the Audiobook casting is so good across the board. I was really impressed with everyone. Kat Dennings sounds exactly as I heard Death in my head reading the book.

See I really didn't like her, it sounded so wooden and like she was reading rather than acting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just how Kat Dennings does everything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

There was probably some pushback from WB of having regular John seeing as they are trying to do a young Constantine series for HBO Max.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I just speedran S3-4 of Young Justice and there's a pretty depressing number of "in memory of" credits screens

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fyja48qK2g
Seems like yeah they are expanding The Corinthian to being the season long villain and expanding his role in the story

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Adnor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0v_A6gBTQM

I want a new Lucifer series that's an actual adaptation of the comic with this Lucifer and this Mazikeen.

achillesforever6 posted:

Seems like yeah they are expanding The Corinthian to being the season long villain and expanding his role in the story

That would make sense if it's mostly covering what's in the trades "Preludes and Nocturnes" and "The Doll's House." The latter is pretty much the entirety of The Corinthian's existence.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 27, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

I want a new Lucifer series that's an actual adaptation of the comic with this Lucifer and this Mazikeen.

That would make sense if it's mostly covering what's in the trades "Preludes and Nocturnes" and "The Doll's House." The latter is pretty much the entirety of The Corinthian's existence.

He's got a pretty big face turn in The Kindly Ones though. I can't blame them for wanting to stretch him out, he's a badass character.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if the series will still have a teenage girl teaming up with a guy who looks like GK Chesterton who turns into a field at the end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stephen Fry is playing Gilbert/Fiddler's Green. Also the most recent video showed Martin Tenbones so they're also keeping the set up to A Game of You.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I admire they have characters for the long game which just means I will be angry when Netflix cancels this after one season as Netflix is known to do

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Netflix cancels unpopular things after one season, and popular ones after three. This will almost certainly be the latter.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I AM GRANDO posted:

I wonder if the series will still have a teenage girl teaming up with a guy who looks like GK Chesterton who turns into a field at the end.

I remember picking up one of Chesterton's books after reading about him in Sandman. Yeesh, the dude was regressive even for the 1800s, but he could turn a phrase.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I knew who he was because my local cable growing up had a weird Catholic religious station that had a daily series of an actor at a lectern dressed like him who would just deliver old lectures of his as if he were Chesterton.

That channel also aired the Jack Van Impe doomsday show at 12:30am every day, even though I think he hated Catholics as much as Jack Chick did.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Madkal posted:

I admire they have characters for the long game which just means I will be angry when Netflix cancels this after one season as Netflix is known to do
From what I understand Gaiman and company are allowed to ship it around if Netflix cancels it early

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqm0YYcOrOE

She-Hulk's going all in on the 4th wall breaks being part of her character, it's not a one-off gag.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqm0YYcOrOE

She-Hulk's going all in on the 4th wall breaks being part of her character, it's not a one-off gag.

I like the tease of yet unmentioned cameos.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
These trailers have a dangerous lack of Patsy Walker in them. I am starting to think Jens best friend may not appear.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
give me the 4th wall breaks, but also i really like that they're leaning in to wong being the sorcerer supreme and having him show up everywhere instead of strange

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When did he become Sorcerer Supreme? I just don't remember that happening. Was it because he didn't disappear during the snap?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, they explained that in no way home

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cant cook creole bream posted:

These trailers have a dangerous lack of Patsy Walker in them. I am starting to think Jens best friend may not appear.

Maybe it'll be a post season sting, Jen gets a reduced sentence for Emil under a 'super human psychosis' defense and then she visits Trish in jail promising to take her case next.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i really really hope they don't do the jj version of patsy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

i really really hope they don't do the jj version of patsy

While they're bringing back Cox and D'Onofrio, and there's rumors about Ritter, I doubt they're bringing back Rachel Taylor as Hellcat. Also it really wouldn't make sense for her to be She Hulk's best friend, since she was already Jessica Jones' best friend.

She seems to have a best friend in the trailers but I don't think her name is mentioned. If I was working on the show and just wanted to use a name from Marvel comics that probably wouldn't gently caress up plans for future properties and the friend is more used to being the one that gets attention and has to help She-Hulk deal with being the one everyone in the room is paying attention to, I'd go with Millie the Model.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unless there’s very big plans for Hellcat down the line it seems unnecessary to either reuse the JJ version in basically the same way or introduce a new one in the same way. It’s just weird to make the first official reboot Patsy.

So I’m starting a rumor that Daredevil is in it because of the Jessica connection through Trish.

That or use Jessica Drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

She seems to have a best friend in the trailers but I don't think her name is mentioned.

Nikki Ramos according to that featurette.