Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

TheWeedNumber posted:

Also whoever called BlazingBunny’s job and talked poo poo about him over all this eve drama is an absolutely disgusting and vile piece of poo poo. Y’all went too far tryna ruin unrelated lives.

Someone tried/trying to actually frame him, unless some kind of severe mistake has occurred.

Like, a very in-depth effort to implicate him in an intentional cover-up that he's had zero real involvement in

Afaik I was the only person in contact with him about this subject who had any solid info on it & he had zero fuckin knowledge of it beforehand - he did not even play this game until years after it happened

The doxxing happened before I had sent him anything on the matter myself I sent my info later that day.

None of what I'd sent was anything that has not already been reported to police/FBI nor was it any illegal content in itself

I don't know what to do or if there's anything I can do at this point but:
homie has made every effort to do the right thing, and this is hosed beyond all belief. All this dude said to me is "hey is this stuff true? Bc don't want him around if so". That's it.

This is waaaaaaay over my head.
I don't know blazin outside this one interaction but he's clearly not been involved in, or aware of hiding this mf weirdo.

-he's only been in PL like one year-

If you know him, please make sure he's doing okay. Guy has only tried to do the right thing. Idk how worried he is about it, but it's hosed even if it's a one-day upset.

I'm not writing any of this on his behalf or request or anything, I quite literally do not know what to do, or say.

Cept for:
This has BFM's stalkery document-and-record-falsifying rear end all. over. it.
Saw that SA post, saw the writing on the wall, and then got to it. bet.

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FirstnameLastname posted:

Someone tried/trying to actually frame him, unless some kind of severe mistake has occurred.

Like, a very in-depth effort to implicate him in an intentional cover-up that he's had zero real involvement in

Afaik I was the only person in contact with him about this subject who had any solid info on it & he had zero fuckin knowledge of it beforehand - he did not even play this game until years after it happened

The doxxing happened before I had sent him anything on the matter myself I sent my info later that day.

None of what I'd sent was anything that has not already been reported to police/FBI nor was it any illegal content in itself

I don't know what to do or if there's anything I can do at this point but:
homie has made every effort to do the right thing, and this is hosed beyond all belief. All this dude said to me is "hey is this stuff true? Bc don't want him around if so". That's it.

This is waaaaaaay over my head.
I don't know blazin outside this one interaction but he's clearly not been involved in, or aware of hiding this mf weirdo.

-he's only been in PL like one year-

If you know him, please make sure he's doing okay. Guy has only tried to do the right thing. Idk how worried he is about it, but it's hosed even if it's a one-day upset.

I'm not writing any of this on his behalf or request or anything, I quite literally do not know what to do, or say.

Cept for:
This has BFM's stalkery document-and-record-falsifying rear end all. over. it.
Saw that SA post, saw the writing on the wall, and then got to it. bet.

He's in high spirits and we're both confident he'll beat the rap. He still shouldn't have to though.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this dudes posts suddenly make a lot more sense if you read ESL as "Electronic Sports League"

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is the same game that until a few months ago had a notice called Lolicon Monopoly with the tag <LOLI>

Games full of unrepentant shitheads and that particular PL Corp, along with Sniggwaffe, needs to get renamed tbh

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Eve's playerbase contains the entire world population of racist spellcasters. For these individuals, the N-word is a verbal component of their spells. As times have changed they've had to modify their spells.

So when you see someone eat some lead paint chips, start pirouette-ing while making GBS threads their pants, and shouting some sort of race-baity phrase like 'Snigger is a commonly used word in Europe' , they're just trying to tidy their house or suppress all discussion of civil rights.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up and was a possible source/reason for the name. did you miss the post where it was cleared up and i said "oh well then that's cleared up"? :shrug:

it's ok though, i appreciate the insinuations i am a racist because i dont have an american-centric worldview.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I've taught ESL, too, friend, and if I had a student unknowingly using words like that, I'd advise them to choose other words.

But that's all academic because we're talking about gamers here, who know very well what they're doing.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread

I live in Denmark, an entire nation of ESL speakers.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you didnt need to pm me dude you could just wait a day

Ahahaha what a pathetic chud, holy God drat he's gonna keep trying to argue something with points so unoriginal that it's basically beyond being debated

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Tallardar means well he's just got the classic goon problem of picking stupid hills to die on

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Solus posted:

This is the same game that until a few months ago had a notice called Lolicon Monopoly with the tag <LOLI>

Games full of unrepentant shitheads and that particular PL Corp, along with Sniggwaffe, needs to get renamed tbh

I thought Shamis was Black. That said, the name was absolutely edgelord.

As someone that inherited a char called "Joo Claw" it's taken me numerous petitions going back years to finally get the name changed. I tried to change it to Poo Slaw (the original owners suggestion) but CCP told me they didn't want me to ruin coleslaw for their entire playerbase.
CCP were NOT happy to change names of corps and characters based on what was considered "funny" 15 years ago. That said, they seem to have relented recently. I know "Alcholocaust" has had their name changed recently and as I said I've managed to get my inherited character name changed (or it's in the process of getting changed).

As Endie said. Snigger is used a fair bit in the UK but less so recently because of the association with the N word.

I imagine it would be difficult to impossible for CCP to enforce these names proactively (knowing what's an insult/unacceptable in every language, for example I had no idea about the original Gen Eve name and wouldn't have known it was offensive) but I hope they continue to be more willing to actually change names based on petitions going forwards.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ChickenWing posted:

Tallardar means well he's just got the classic goon problem of picking stupid hills to die on

This was indeed an impressive escalation of completely unnecessary drama. Like, if pointing out that technically there are some hypothetical situations where the name wouldn't carry the same implications makes you feel smart then...well, that's still pretty dumb tbh, but when you have people coming in with the actual facts of the matter you just gotta stop digging.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

Necros posted:

who are you in game

Why do you ask? I was never someone overly important, or some high score goodposter. Just a nerd in an internet spaceship guild who cared a bit too much about the people I flew with.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Less than that.

You can send any and all ISK directly to the Goosefleet corp ingame.

You do know what 'buy my eve gold!' Elusif used to be famous for right? Be careful CCP doesn't confiscate the money.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

feedmegin posted:

You do know what 'buy my eve gold!' Elusif used to be famous for right? Be careful CCP doesn't confiscate the money.

A rose by any other name...

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Not An Arsonist posted:

Why do you ask? I was never someone overly important, or some high score goodposter. Just a nerd in an internet spaceship guild who cared a bit too much about the people I flew with.

i was in holesquad then as well and I recognize most of those guys on the forums. lots of us changed corp to whole squid after the way a lot of our members were treated by mittani and did our own blops thing for a while. dont have to tell me lol.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Over a decade worth of exposure you've had with this game, how have you not realized that there are some radicalized shitheads in the EVE community?

This is a classic example of an EVE community crusade that, while intending to be good faith and having an agenda of influencing positive changes, inevitably propagates into an uncontrollable poo poo storm that tornadoes through the trailer parks of the innocent.

It's similar to how you had Remedial's contact info from the mysterious USB, and then 'x' amount of time later it significantly escalates and devolves into someone faxing dick pics to his actual irl place of work.

You gotta keep in mind that there are actual crazies out in the cesspool of EVE Online's upstanding and reputable community.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

Bigbillthaboss posted:

You gotta keep in mind that there are actual crazies out in the cesspool of EVE Online's upstanding and reputable community.

Over two hundred pages of EVE dumpster fire threads in the past month and you think this is lost on anybody?

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Regarding the 2018-vintage Holesquad demise, I believe this is the final screenshot of Goku, sent by some Russians.

That's some stuff floating in space....probably some of your stuff...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

meatmccartney posted:

Regarding the 2018-vintage Holesquad demise, I believe this is the final screenshot of Goku, sent by some Russians.

:smith: there's at least 3 of my Sleipners in that photo

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I think I still have a character in the old Goku hole heh, during the Falcon SRP drama days I parked one there in case things got a lot funnier (they never did)

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

shutupandshave posted:

I thought Shamis was Black. That said, the name was absolutely edgelord.

As someone that inherited a char called "Joo Claw" it's taken me numerous petitions going back years to finally get the name changed. I tried to change it to Poo Slaw (the original owners suggestion) but CCP told me they didn't want me to ruin coleslaw for their entire playerbase.
CCP were NOT happy to change names of corps and characters based on what was considered "funny" 15 years ago. That said, they seem to have relented recently. I know "Alcholocaust" has had their name changed recently and as I said I've managed to get my inherited character name changed (or it's in the process of getting changed).

I'm disappointed they wouldn't accept "Poo Slaw" since their initial request was that it be as close as possible to the original lovely edgelord name, but the explanation they gave was hilarious.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

meatmccartney posted:

hello meat :]

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

meatmccartney posted:

Oh it's all of my stuff, apart from a carrier and a dread somewhere around Saranen

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

meatmccartney posted:

I believe we blew up the NOL- fortizar that was grandfathered in on the test server, it crashed the game. They immediately removed that capability as a result.

E: By 'capability' I'm referencing how unfueled / abandoned / whatever 'faction fortizars' (the ones that were originally stations and converted to fortizars) would drop everything on death.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
but they kept in your ability to be a tiresome shithead? amazing

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Good Dumplings posted:

but they kept in your ability to be a tiresome shithead? amazing

Too bad that patch didn’t include a good posting revision for you

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
HOLE IS OURS. JOIN GOOSEFLEET TODAY!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
auth me, cowards

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Ladies and gentlemen I would like to confirm that Amok. is in fact actually recruiting.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

dragonshardz posted:

RECOMMENDED CORPS/ALLIANCES
In heavily biased order of coolest to least cool.

Goosefleet [GANDR]: A corp still in the startup phase, recruiting specifically from...here! Long-term plans are to go to w-space once everyone is evacced from Imperium space and some sort of alliance with a larger group can be struck. This is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for. (Discord invite link)

The Greater Goon [GROON]: Weird pineapple people in Syndicate or something. Check 'em out on Discord.

Prismatic Legion [PRISM]: A larger w-space group that is extremely queer, run by queers, and includes queer allies. If you want to jump right to a more established body that Goosefleet might hook up with, click this finely crafted link to wormhole.gay

Of Sound Mind [SOUND]: A mid-sized nullsec group run by a cabal of trans women who know each other in meatspace. Allied with [BIGAB], downside is you'd be working for Fraternity.

Deepwater Hooligans [BIGAB]: A mid-sized nullsec group, part of something called the Crunchwrap Coalition. While it skews younger and is almost entirely men, the leadership reportedly has zero tolerance for bigotry or harassment. Allied with [SOUND], downside is you'd be working for Fraternity.

Brave Collective [BRAVE]: Presently in a fight for their lives against Fraternity. A large nullsec group which (smartly) peeled itself away from PAPI after the end of the Beetinam War. Dunk Dinkle has made great strides in airlocking shitheads, but Shattered Armer is still there and is still insufferable.

CORPS AND ALLIANCES TO AVOID

• The Imperium (Goonswarm Federation, The Initiative, Dracarys, some other randoms I can't remember right now.)
  • No Forks Given [SPORK]
  • Psychotic Tendencies [TISHU]
  • Bad-Touch [DTF]
  • Snuffed Out [B B C]
  • ur dunked [YIKES]
  • Shadow Cartel [SHDWC]

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Micromancer posted:

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to confirm that Amok. is in fact actually recruiting.

Did they leave the alliance?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Micromancer posted:

Plz take this post to reddit where it belongs

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The enemy structure is dead. Goosehaus is secure. We are 5b isk richer for our efforts.

I claim as my bounty a Nestor, for I am the Guard Goose.

E; and I'm good at screenshots

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

The enemy structure is dead. Goosehaus is secure. We are 5b isk richer for our efforts.

I claim as my bounty a Nestor, for I am the Guard Goose.

E; and I'm good at screenshots

look at you censoring character names like we’re delta force lol

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

GANDR Force Assemble! To shoot structures!!! No wait please I didn’t mean it!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

That Works posted:

Did they leave the alliance?

Nope

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

TheWeedNumber posted:

look at you censoring character names like we’re delta force lol

I black barred the character faces too lol.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Micromancer posted:

Do you have to submit artwork with your app?

Black barred face too

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/w9n7tu/hanzo_viper_goes_full_bigot/

load bearing bigotry floats to the top like pondscum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

:catstare: