Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

PerilPastry posted:

Hell of a step up from those "epic" videos they had an intern or something put on a gruff voice for

It was a gruff voice that was very obviously self aware, though, hence Daniel. I don't think there was anything wrong with it, but yeah these longer gameplay videos are very good.

One thing that jumped out at me though was the plague menu. It's not a big deal but I thought they might alter the background art to fit with Festus a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
When using Zhao Ming do people tend to leave him in human form in a big melee or pop him in dragon form?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The Nagash mod for WH2 is excellent, it has big dick hat energy. The lore tibdits and info panel text are really memetastic. A pity it was released at the end of WH2's life cycle.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i guess i just dont get how dealing with the vassal sucked. You dont have to do anything, they just exist to absorb any cities you burn. Who cares if ppl declare on them or whatever, just let them die, its trivial to make more vassal states as Nakai
Did... did you play as Nakai? The vassal was a huge bitch to deal with because every AI that didnt like you declared on it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Did... did you play as Nakai? The vassal was a huge bitch to deal with because every AI that saw you declared on it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, AI had/has a huge hardon for declaring war on Nakai's vassal. That was always the issue. Even factions that you were allied with would see the vassal as free real estate and declare war.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Since both champions thus far and presumably the other two seem to have buffs for vassals, have WoC gotten some way to force-vassalise factions? I guess they have that awaken tribe thing for norsca but anything else?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Laughing Zealot posted:

Since both champions thus far and presumably the other two seem to have buffs for vassals, have WoC gotten some way to force-vassalise factions? I guess they have that awaken tribe thing for norsca but anything else?

yes, they can subjugate other factions. They do it to some greenskins in the let's play video

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If they take a faction capital they can make them vassals. Can't wait to turn Franz into a loyal and dedicated vassal of Archaon

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I'm gonna burn vassalise the whole world!

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

DaysBefore posted:

If they take a faction capital they can make them vassals. Can't wait to turn Franz into a loyal and dedicated vassal of Archaon

but they cannot confederate so clearly this means the WoC are forever trash and CA sucks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orangelex44 posted:

but they cannot confederate so clearly this means the WoC are forever trash and CA sucks

3/10, sentiment is good but needs about 4 paragraphs of detailed analysis and vague threats

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nash posted:

When using Zhao Ming do people tend to leave him in human form in a big melee or pop him in dragon form?

Dragon, it's what it's for. Even if he's in the mix against anti-large, the extra mass lets him disengage much faster.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

3/10, sentiment is good but needs about 4 paragraphs of detailed analysis and vague threats

Allow me to demonstrate why CA is trash and terrible and the worst because this one model is not 100% unique with custom animations and backstory. I know I will never zoom in close enough to notice while I lose to easy AI, but this is still important to me because...

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Slaanesh: Identical chaos warriors except they do a catwalk strut across the battlefield and fight everyone by doing high kicks.

slaanesh RoR that's a chorus line of daemonettes fused at the shoulders

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

moonmazed posted:

Saving that one for the Masque dlc

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

moonmazed posted:

Reddit, literally 5 minutes later: "THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ASSET REUSE WHERE ARE THE JIGGLE PHYSICS THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE CA"

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Did... did you play as Nakai? The vassal was a huge bitch to deal with because every AI that didnt like you declared on it.

yes, i beat the whole vortex campaign. It didnt matter if the whole world declared on me since I was a horde with a hell of a doomstack. If anyone wanted to step up to Nakai, let them. No one could take the crown but it was a lot of fun to see them try

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Perhaps if we go on a posting strike they'll sit down with the union and we can negotiate some more Goony Nurgle unit models

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

DaysBefore posted:

Perhaps if we go on a posting strike they'll sit down with the union and we can negotiate some more Goony Nurgle unit models

OK

You start

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Torrannor posted:

I can understand this sentiment 100%... but I've bought every piece of DLC for WH1 and WH2, and I don't think I'll stop doing the same for WH3, even if it's overpriced.

lol same here, SEGA prices have skyrocketed here thrice over the last two years so I can't afford to wait and possibly spend between two and five times as much.

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah I think I'm in the same boat with this. Everything about the DLC owns but I already have the original Chaos lords to try new mechanics. If some third-party site has a sick deal I'll scoop it up right away.

Plus I keep buying all these DLCs only to go back and play the same three or four lords over and over again so maybe I should hold off until they really hook me.

The biggest draw of the DLC for me is that it will allow you to play a non-Ursun campaign in the RoC map, which is very important considering IE is likely going to be a massive mess for a while.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

id watch that movie, i bet itd be dope

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Azran posted:

The biggest draw of the DLC for me is that it will allow you to play a non-Ursun campaign in the RoC map, which is very important considering IE is likely going to be a massive mess for a while.

There's also a mod on the workshop as well that lets you toggle it off, if that's what you're after.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

:vomarine:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I love you too Egrimm

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

toasterwarrior posted:

Dragon, it's what it's for. Even if he's in the mix against anti-large, the extra mass lets him disengage much faster.

Be dragon, go ham on people. Got it. Thanks!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Took Kislev and Pragg and stabilized, now beginning to infect and paint the valley. Hoping Skragg will be my friend, the orcs ate my back up rats after all. Wonder if Grimgrog will be there in RoC too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Torrannor posted:

I can understand this sentiment 100%... but I've bought every piece of DLC for WH1 and WH2, and I don't think I'll stop doing the same for WH3, even if it's overpriced.

Same, and I will probably keep doing so. It's like $20-$30 every couple months or whatever, nothing outrageous. I guess when I think about how much I spent in total it's a lot, but spread out it doesn't feel bad. I will win play and win every lord's campaign at least once too, so I don't mind spending the money.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stop hinting at things I want game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm still playing Game 2, left the Skaven for last, and Death Globe Mortars--especially that purple ROR one--are such hilarious warcrimes.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Skaven, in general, are "Warcrimes: The faction". It's just hilarious bullshit piled on top of hilarious bullshit. That's their entire thing.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Angry Lobster posted:

The Nagash mod for WH2 is excellent, it has big dick hat energy. The lore tibdits and info panel text are really memetastic. A pity it was released at the end of WH2's life cycle.

It's been a fun final TW2 campaign for me, pretty challenging because everyone hates you and have no money. Have had to go back like 20 turns a couple of times and take a totally different tack, like not pissing off Settra so I can keep him as a buffer until I've sorted out Gor Rok. Should keep me going until IE comes out.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
there's gotta be a mod somewhere that removes n'kari's incredibly stupid looking garment, right

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you want a nude nkari mod you can just ask

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The main problem with Wulfhart is the absolutely terrible swamps and road positioning in that area of Lustria, it makes it super annoying to take and hold territory.

Otherwise you mostly need to survive until you can get a few supply units of grenade outriders, because they delete saurus infantry.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nash posted:

Both are very good in different scenarios. Dragon form has good mass and mobility and is really good for headhunting enemy characters who Zhao can beat. Human form provides a harmony amplifier(which is actually good now) and has an extremely killy spell list, so I find he's actually better at helping your dudes hold the line and killing mass amounts of enemy troops in human form.

So basically if you need to clear enemies off a wall or assassinate characters, turn into a dragon. If you're just doing line of infantry vs line of infantry, human form is honestly better. The flexibility is part of what makes him really strong.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Also, if you haven't taken a look, the human form combat animations are fantastic.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

RoyalScion posted:

The main problem with Wulfhart is the absolutely terrible swamps and road positioning in that area of Lustria, it makes it super annoying to take and hold territory.

Otherwise you mostly need to survive until you can get a few supply units of grenade outriders, because they delete saurus infantry.

His hostilities mechanic is ill conceived and makes playing his campaign tedious. Why does attacking non-Lizards raise hostilities? Why does the mechanic persist outside of Lustria? Why does it still happen if there are literally no more Lizardmen? It be more interesting if the stack would come after Wulfhart's army, not random backline settlements.

Also temperate being yellow for him is definitely a weird choice.

Huntsmen generals were the best part of that DLC hands down though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

99pct of germs posted:

His hostilities mechanic is ill conceived and makes playing his campaign tedious. Why does attacking non-Lizards raise hostilities? Why does the mechanic persist outside of Lustria? Why does it still happen if there are literally no more Lizardmen? It be more interesting if the stack would come after Wulfhart's army, not random backline settlements.

Also temperate being yellow for him is definitely a weird choice.

Huntsmen generals were the best part of that DLC hands down though.
I agree with this 100%. His campaign is exactly what I wanted for Vortex, except CA made it tedious as gently caress. Kill Vampirates? Eat an army of unbreakable lizards. Invade Ulthuan? Eat an army of unbreakable Lizards. Make friends with Gor-Rok and help him kill Skaven? Eat an army of unbreakable Lizards. Its indefensibly stupid.