Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Daria a Russian national? That would explain a lot about Infowars...

Yeah, theres an episode of KF where they go over an episode where Alex says something like " some russians came up to me and told me I was the smartest,most handsome boy who is much too clever to fall for any tricks, then a week later a russian women showed up and told me the smartest boys are all pro Russia"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Amazing that Daria's voice is suddenly audible now that she's answering Alex's lawyer's questions. I couldn't hear poo poo she said to the other lawyer.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wow, and suddenly she can go into precise details and has a photographic memory.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

MEIN RAVEN posted:

It's true. This was before he met the love of his life: chili

That's the kind of love that can make you forget your troubles in life.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

red19fire posted:

Wow, and suddenly she can go into precise details and has a photographic memory.
They turned off the brain scrambling device.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The Knowledge Fight episode where they replay Alex Jones's 9/11 broadcast is super illuminating. He has some old friend of his call in because they're in NYC and witnessed the towers collapsing.

The guest mentions how the towers appeared to fall in a similar manner to building demolitions. Alex says he knows the guy took structural engineering classes in college, and the dude is like, "Uh, I guess. I took "a" class in college years ago but it wasn't my major. Anyway lotta dust and people dying here gotta go!"

Alex then proceeds to transform this brief conversation into his guest being a world renowned Strutucal Engineer who personally drew the plans for the towers and studied the effects of airplanes on skyscrapers. He literally fabricates it on air before your ears, but his listeners are like babies with no object permanence so who the gently caress cares? It proves 9/11 it was definitely a false flag (perpetrated by the EU to weaken the dollar, according to Alex)

The whole show is basically your childhood friend who had an Uncle who worked at Nintendo. That friend then grew up and now says he personally knew an elite Seal Team Six marine who personally shot Bin Laden. It's the same drat childish exaggeration being spewed multiple hours a day to morons.

Oh, and Alex had Joe Rogan as a guest on his 9/11 live broadcast, lol.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Wait so they just took information from a random guy and were like "Yeah this seems legit?". What the gently caress.

No they didnt take information from a random guy.

They interviewed him multiple times on the show and would report on whatever the gently caress he was doing. He was one of their regular guest "experts" for Sandy Hook reporting.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

I was led to believe that there was a time in his early 20s where he wasn't.

nah, people who he went to high school with him have come out and said he was always paranoid that the authorities was out to get him

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tree Dude posted:

This Alex Jones probably killed a guy.

If you count the lovely supplements he pushes, then probably lots of people.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

red19fire posted:

This poo poo beyond frustrates me. It should literally be something as a prosecutor or defense you can rightfully point out as evidence of being evasive.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"...in your role as the corporate representative that's been imposed on you..."

not said: by us

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
this trial is gonna be delayed because it seems someone's intent on giving everyone COVID if the coughing is to be believed

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ringo Roadagain posted:

nah, people who he went to high school with him have come out and said he was always paranoid that the authorities was out to get him
Imagine being one of his teachers.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wonder how long before one of the jurors claims cruel and unusual punishment about having to sit through this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

They interviewed him multiple times on the show and would report on whatever the gently caress he was doing. He was one of their regular guest "experts" for Sandy Hook reporting.

That's loving crazy. It was just some guy who emailed them and then they put him on the show?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Scam Likely posted:

Not only was he on, but he was the rational one. Holy poo poo, NewsRadio-era Joe Rogan was a different beast entirely.

(Obviously the same germ of bullshit was still there, but still incredible).

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

Not only was he on, but he was the rational one. Holy poo poo, NewsRadio-era Joe Rogan was a different beast entirely.

(Obviously the same germ of bullshit was still there, but still incredible).

Probably noticed how much money there was to be made by simply agreeing with crazy people.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Is Alex expected to take the stand at some point?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tree Dude posted:

Mark did ask him under oath if he killed a guy and he said he hadn't. Sadly.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
How is this "Is the show scripted?" line of question helping the defense?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tree Dude posted:

the worst part was when This American Life found the dude who Jones attacked and crippled, discovered that he was an ardent Trump supporter and mentioned about Alex being a major Trump supporter and backer and he started liking Jones

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Yeah, a random guy that they did that with.
Dude isn't even a CT resident, literally nothing to tie him to Newtown or what happened there.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ryde posted:

How is this "Is the show scripted?" line of question helping the defense?

buddy nothing since the original trial has helped the defense

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Mark did ask him under oath if he killed a guy and he said he hadn't. Sadly.
See, that's presuming he wouldn't be willing to perjure himself on a random question like that.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
gay frogs!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im dying

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Robo Reagan posted:

buddy nothing since the original trial has helped the defense

I mean, I assumed they would at least try.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Crazy Ted posted:

See, that's presuming he wouldn't be willing to perjure himself on a random question like that.

Fair, but Alex being all hat and no cattle is pretty believable.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

That's loving crazy. It was just some guy who emailed them and then they put him on the show?

I forget exactly how Halbig got in touch with Jones, it might just be some whack internet poo poo that they reached out and brought him on for (this would not be nearly the first time). I thi k he was billed as some sort of detective or school safety expert originally.

I'd have to look a bit more because right now Halbig,s search results are mostly about how he stole a Samdy Hook parent's SSN.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Fair, but Alex being all hat and no cattle is pretty believable.
So, he's all fart and no shart then.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m shocked as to how easier it is to hear Daria suddenly.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’ve got a rainbow afro wig and a foam finger and I’m screaming LETS GO BANKSTON every time he objects.

E: PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER.

V: also that guys friends ambushed Alex and beat the poo poo out of him, that’s why he left town :classiclol:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 27, 2022

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also the "Alex Jone almost killed a man thing" is basically true, he sucker punched a guy at a party and pounded his head into concrete and left the dude with brain damage

it's almost certainly why Alex was forced to move to Austin from Dallas when he was a teenager, though Alex blames this on him knowing the cops were all doing drugs or some poo poo.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552407094971678720

:kiss:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I forget exactly how Halbig got in touch with Jones, it might just be some whack internet poo poo that they reached out and brought him on for (this would not be nearly the first time). I thi k he was billed as some sort of detective or school safety expert originally.

I'd have to look a bit more because right now Halbig,s search results are mostly about how he stole a Samdy Hook parent's SSN.

He stole someones SS number , what the loving christ.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Scam Likely posted:

When I heard that I just stopped and was totally shocked

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

also the "Alex Jone almost killed a man thing" is basically true, he sucker punched a guy at a party and pounded his head into concrete and left the dude with brain damage

it's almost certainly why Alex was forced to move to Austin from Dallas when he was a teenager, though Alex blames this on him knowing the cops were all doing drugs or some poo poo.

This isn't the "technically probably killed a guy" story Alex told though.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

This was more obvious when the police investigator was testifying yesterday but one of the biggest tells about Alex's lawyers (other than literally everything they do getting objected and thrown out) is they keep asking questions that they genuinely don't know how the witness is going to answer. If you are a lawyer you should never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
That long pause after the lawyer was told to stop leading the witness.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Can the judge not disbar these people? They must be violating some code of ethics poo poo, bringing the industry into disrepute or w/e.