Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
good lord part of me wants to feel bad about this guy who dedicated his life to something just to fumble around stammering for 8 hours a day loving poo poo up and having to go against a bunch of slick lawyer assholes but then I remember he's defending alex jones so gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Reading Jon Ronson’s book Them, about global conspiracies, I was quite surprised that he met a young Alex Jones. They ended up sneaking into some kind of billionaire eyes wide shut style party in the woods.

My question: did Alex used to be cool, just a fun Art Bell style conspiracy fan?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When does Alex Jones take the stand? That's going to be a poo poo show.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Carwash oval office posted:

Reading Jon Ronson’s book Them, about global conspiracies, I was quite surprised that he met a young Alex Jones. They ended up sneaking into some kind of billionaire eyes wide shut style party in the woods.

My question: did Alex used to be cool, just a fun Art Bell style conspiracy fan?

that was the bohemian grove. Ronson basically just walked in through the front entrance while jones snuck around and hid in bushes. he was always a nutjob.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

9/11 ruined ironic listening to talk radio across the board.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

When he was on cable access maybe, those days are pretty long gone.

But yeah, that was the Bohemian Grove, and iirc basically Ronson walked in and Jones just kept manically hiding in bushes. I dont think they even met anyone since its more just a vacationr etreat for rich fucks, and it was off-season.

If you like Ronson, he uh, was that guy who tracked down the guy that Jones crippled for This American Life and interviewed him.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

there's also an interview with Lenny Posner, the Sandy Hook father whose SSN that Wolfgang Halbig stole.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It's important to look at how they both described the event. Ronson dressed like a preppie and walked in the front door to find a bunch of rich people having a somewhat boring party. Jones presented it that he had to do secret agent poo poo to sneak in and found people making sacrifices to satan.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Just clearly getting exasperated with the defense trying to pull last-minute surprise evidence.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

rip em a new one, judge

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Judge dismissed the jury early because the defense is trying to introduce new evidence without telling the plaintiffs about it. She is crushing him right now.

Holy poo poo she is giving him the business.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
The defense just said "We didn't review their videos either." The prosecution admitted their videos so the defense had access. Holy poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
wait it wasnt off season because they saw the Cremation of Care ceremony nm

this loving poo poo just eats at my memory

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't understand, what is going on with this "personal injury lawyer" stuff?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Haven't kept up all day, is anyone close to being in contempt of court?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I feel bad for this defense council for being

SO
loving
BAD

red19fire
May 26, 2010

HAHA HOLY gently caress HE JUST CALLED THE PLAINTIFF ‘S ATTORNEY DISHONEST IN FRONT OF THE JUDGE.

Immediately after being warned about personal insults.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Jones' defense has repeatedly called the other sides lawyers personal injury lawyers during their statements to try to make them seem shady

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I think the judge is going to leap over the bench and rip this man’s spine out from his throat.

My

GOD

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

SalTheBard posted:

Its hard to follow, but the prosecution was complaining about the defense insulting them in court which is a big no-no.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Not on Art's level, but the KF coverage of old Alex episodes shows that they were a lot more fun and light. He even let callers disagree with him and stuff and didn't flip out like a loser little titty baby.

He was always bad but he was a more functional human being in the early days.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Can the judge not disbar these people? They must be violating some code of ethics poo poo, bringing the industry into disrepute or w/e.

I ask this again, because that closed with some professional disrepute bullshit right there.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm so glad I caught that last bit. I like this judge.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

goatface posted:

I ask this again, because that closed with some professional disrepute bullshit right there.

The short version is "no, the judge cannot disbar people. Only the Bar can disbar people." The long version is that when she brought up the bit about sanctions she's basically saying put up or shut up because if the opposing counsel is ACTUALLY lying you should be complaining to the Bar about it and not the judge.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

goatface posted:

Disbarment is usually with the states licensing board/bar association, not any random judge

Plus you gotta have someone make a complaint and it's a whole thing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The judge should never have to give a "stop denigrating your fellow lawyers and calling them liars" speech to counsel like that. That's a "get your poo poo together" directed at Mullet.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Unless you steal money from a client you ain't getting disbarred

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

haljordan posted:

Yeah this is essentially what lawyer Andrew Torrez has said on his podcast Opening Arguments.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

haljordan posted:

Even then, you can skate along for years before getting your ticket punched permanently. A lot of people get suspended for a year or two and that's it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

haljordan posted:

Hell I don't think Rudy has been disbarred yet.

I stand corrected.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

haljordan posted:

Shockingly, lawyers end up looking after their own in the end.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Unless you're Rudy Giuliani then they take it from you even before they know why

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This is day 2 of possibly 10-14 and defense has already admitted they’re wildly unprepared and trying to pull shenanigans in defiance of pre trial orders. Bankston (pbuh) is mopping the floor with him.

E: this trial should be released as a dvd box set.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 27, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Zil posted:

Hell I don't think Rudy has been disbarred yet.

I stand corrected.

The thing that actually happened to Rudy is even funnier because they suspended his license before they even completed the bar hearing, which has apparently never been done before

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I am again surprised by how little regard for professional conduct is required to practice law.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

goatface posted:

I am again surprised by how little regard for professional conduct is required to practice law.
All you gotta do is pass that exam. It's great.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Crazy Ted posted:

All you gotta do is pass that exam. It's great.

Reminds me of Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUxPkQmFsUw

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1552414582521663488?s=20&t=kSCNag1k3SLOpduKf4qu3w

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Maybe he respectfully gave him the middle finger.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Crazy Ted posted:

I was led to believe that there was a time in his early 20s where he wasn't.

His parents were part of the Birch society, so he's been marinated in lunacy since childhood. The basic belief is that any attempt at civil rights is a Jewish/Communist plot to weaken the USA since black people can't actually be equal, as white supremacy is part of God's design.

Over the years gay and trans rights have been added as part of it, and globalist is the preferred name for the enemies now instead of communist or Jewish intellectuals.

Insomuch as a hate elemental like Alex was once an innocent kid, I blame his dad for paying for Alex's early shows and starting him down this path. Also his parents should have gotten him therapy for anger issues and delusional thinking when he was a teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

So I guess they aren't going to sit down and talk about those videos Reynal wants to admit for tomorrow like the judge asked them to do.