Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Tidus rules and is probably my favorite FF protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tidus is maybe the dumbest ff protag

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
smart characters are overrated

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Himbowns

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t remember Zidane being too bright, seemed more crafty than smart

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You don’t have to be smart to be not dumb

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i like my protagonists dumb enough to make me feel smart but smart enough to not to kick an ied disguised as a blitzball

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Every FF protag is either a himbo or an edgelord, and looking at their reps (Zidane, Tidus, Bartz, the WoL, Vaan) the himbos easily take it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My WoL is an edgelord

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

My WoL is an edgelord

They might think that but they dumbly smiled and palm punched their way into financing Alphinaud's Outer Heaven scheme along with the rest of us

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Which of the free to play Final Fantasy phone games is good?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Zidane has street smarts, Tidus has no smarts but that's ok - we'd all date fantasy David Beckham if we could

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Most dateable ff protag? Gotta be ramza

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Jay Rust posted:

Barett

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Which of the Final Fantasy is good?

None

Gripweed posted:

Which of the free to play games is good?

None

Gripweed posted:

Which of the phone games is good?

None

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tidus is a wiz at those orb puzzles, he might be smarter than Butz

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ff....... Ftw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

FF Protag Datability Ranking:

Yuna: the girl you take home to your mum
Zidane: a dashing charmer, tail opens up new possibilities
Firion: politically minded, stands up for his principles
Tidus: sports celebrity from famous family so clearly rolling in it
Noctis: knows how to drive
Butz: adventurous spirit but probably not hanging around
Cecil: doesn't know how to dress outside of monochromatic colour schemes
Lightning: so boring
Vaan: the person who actually is what everyone says Tidus is
Warrior of Light: too quiet
Terra: can espers even bone?
Squall: even more quiet
Cloud: clearly overcompensating
Onion Kid: yikes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Terra wouldn't exist if espère couldn't bone

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Lightning would go out on a date with you just so she could get a free steak dinner. She also rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I have made it to Rootslake which is another fantastic locale: a settlement top a boulder of a drained lake, it's very cool. When I got there I met Landenel who is somehow both a pretty cool dude but also a total douche. And I took a quick detour to the Wolves Den where I discovered PvP in this game is football and MOBAs. Cripes.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

The "secret" ending of AI 2 sucks and is bad, really. Hell, the best ending of the first game is Mizuki's ending instead of the true ending.

Walla check out this art of Mizuki

https://twitter.com/alinalal_/status/1552326683931226112?s=21&t=8cB1Sygn5dOf1TnVtF37Yw

I'm gonna get a print

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lightning’s birthday cutscene did a lot to endear me to the character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAuTbmll6A

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I try the PvP roulette it's 69 people who have no idea what's happening and then 3 people in the chat who are extremely serious about it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's awesome, I love it. I can't afford a print right now, but it's my background on my phone now.

When my son first started Somnium Files I told him Mizuki was the best character in the game. He eventually agreed.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

That's awesome, I love it. I can't afford a print right now, but it's my background on my phone now.

When my son first started Somnium Files I told him Mizuki was the best character in the game. He eventually agreed.

Mizuki is a 10/10 character and when I saw she was the protagonist of NI I got so hype

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
mehzuki

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Luigi's Mansion is a charming game, but I don't really "get" it. I don't think it can hold my interest for an entire playthrough.

I do like lots of the details, though, like Luigi humming to the theme song.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The first is a survival horror tech demo that lasts like four hours. It blew me away graphically when it came out but I traded it in for Monkey Ball soon after I beat it. 2 is pretty lame but 3 is actually really good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

to reiterate: Luigi's Mansion is actually a fishing game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

FF Protag Datability Ranking:
Zidane: a dashing charmer, tail opens up new possibilities

:stare:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Honestly Tidus is a good character because he has the most character development out of any FF protag arguably. But if you are going for datable men in FFX you are going for Jecht

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

I bitterly regret getting the “don’t fix Mizuki’s repressed trauma” route first because the scene where she just goes to loving town on a bunch of goons with a pipe was so sick, and now I’m busy with Live A Live so I have to wait a while to do the other route.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Honestly Tidus is a good character because he has the most character development out of any FF protag arguably. But if you are going for datable men in FFX you are going for Jecht

The abusive drunk?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Well, Jecht at the end of his journey when he realizes how much of a fuckup he is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When he’s a big bloated space whale?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A big bloated space whale would be easy for hugs.:swoon:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Doesn't he constantly and uncontrollably shed swarms of monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

I bitterly regret getting the “don’t fix Mizuki’s repressed trauma” route first because the scene where she just goes to loving town on a bunch of goons with a pipe was so sick, and now I’m busy with Live A Live so I have to wait a while to do the other route.

You're in for a great time.