Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why would they? the anger and delusion seems to be the desired result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Your honour, they made it impossible to do what you requested as they refused to sit down with me after I spent 5 minutes shouting personal insults at them."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I remember when Alex was invited on a local radio shows lunch hour every week to do a "freedom nugget" bit. Alex was 100% sincere while the hosts just made fun of them in subtle ways. Sad to think that may have exposed people to Alex that didn't already know him and set some people down the path of Infowars crazies.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Zil posted:

I remember when Alex was invited on a local radio shows lunch hour every week to do a "freedom nugget" bit. Alex was 100% sincere while the hosts just made fun of them in subtle ways. Sad to think that may have exposed people to Alex that didn't already know him and set some people down the path of Infowars crazies.

Dudley and Bob?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

on the one hand exposing everyone to him spreads the brain rot for sure

on the other hand gay frog t shirts go hard so it's a wash

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

neato burrito posted:

Dudley and Bob?

It was the spinoff Charlie Hodge show. But yeah Alex was on Dudley and Bob as well a few times as well. It was just a set bit for Charlie once a week.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

He really is.

I loved the moment when (I think) Bill Ogden came on the podcast to say that he admitted that InfoWars got two conspiracies right, one of which was Jeffrey Epstein.

Dan immediately had to jump in and say, "No, he didn't!" because Alex accuses everyone of being some kind of pedophile.

Even this is giving jones too much credit. Alex jones didn't start calling everyone a pedophile until 2016 with pizzagate. before that it was that they were all gay, and they all had sex with male prostitutes. all the epstein stuff that came out between 2006 and 2015 was done by local journalists in florida then later british and american tabloids. jones never mentioned epstein before 2012, and even then he only really mentioned him rarely and I believe mostly as some rich pedophile who was friends with powerful people. It wasnt until 2016 and then 2019 that he started to talk about him frequently and also when he began to act like he has been talking about epstein and how he was in charge of a child prostitution operation for the last 2 decades.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Zil posted:

It was the spinoff Charlie Hodge show. But yeah Alex was on Dudley and Bob as well a few times as well. It was just a set bit for Charlie once a week.
you got that right!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I wonder how Richard Linklater feels about all this poo poo.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is there a list of who is getting called to the stand?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fell Mood posted:

Insomuch as a hate elemental like Alex was once an innocent kid, I blame his dad for paying for Alex's early shows and starting him down this path. Also his parents should have gotten him therapy for anger issues and delusional thinking when he was a teenager.
But if they did than then we would never have learned about the gay and lesbian frogs.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

lmao I hope this gets addressed tomorrow. might wake up early to see it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

drat, they took the livestream down really quick today. I managed to download yesterdays to listen to at work but no such luck today.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Crazy Ted posted:

But if they did than then we would never have learned about the gay and lesbian frogs.

You reminded me. My sister got me the toy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184730006156

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Megabound posted:

drat, they took the livestream down really quick today. I managed to download yesterdays to listen to at work but no such luck today.

lol the judge called it early because the defense kept pulling some bullshit and she said we'll try agsin tomorrow

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So Alex's lawyer wants the jury to have to watch a 9 minute video the judge hasn't seen yet

Uh

Okay bud

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Nice Guy Patron posted:

I wonder how Richard Linklater feels about all this poo poo.

Certainly has never changed my extremely low opinion of Waking Life.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This Wolfgang guy, I'm pretty sure I saw a video about him where he went around harassing people who where involved in Sandy Hook, not the parents, but like the cops and EMS and stuff, and he would start throwing all these accusations at them, and when they threatened him in any way, he'd run off and look at the camera and go "i'm going to sue them for threatening me" with this gleeful look.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

If you like Ronson, he uh, was that guy who tracked down the guy that Jones crippled for This American Life and interviewed him.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

there's also an interview with Lenny Posner, the Sandy Hook father whose SSN that Wolfgang Halbig stole.

Thanks. The end of this, where all the people he grew up with and know he is a complete bullshitter/dangerous mentally ill man, reveal that they still believe his modern conspiracy theories is terrifying.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Goddamnit I left work at 5:30 Eastern to go home and missed some bonkers events.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Even this is giving jones too much credit. Alex jones didn't start calling everyone a pedophile until 2016 with pizzagate. before that it was that they were all gay, and they all had sex with male prostitutes. all the epstein stuff that came out between 2006 and 2015 was done by local journalists in florida then later british and american tabloids. jones never mentioned epstein before 2012, and even then he only really mentioned him rarely and I believe mostly as some rich pedophile who was friends with powerful people. It wasnt until 2016 and then 2019 that he started to talk about him frequently and also when he began to act like he has been talking about epstein and how he was in charge of a child prostitution operation for the last 2 decades.

He also mentioned Jussie Smollett and they had to interject with, "only because Alex is a racist and accuses every major Black figure of race baiting!"

I think Alex also claims the Gulf of Tonkin as a false flag he was right about, which is just... hoo boy.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Goddamnit I left work at 5:30 Eastern to go home and missed some bonkers events.

He also mentioned Jussie Smollett and they had to interject with, "only because Alex is a racist and accuses every major Black figure of race baiting!"

I think Alex also claims the Gulf of Tonkin as a false flag he was right about, which is just... hoo boy.

There's a YT channel who have their own camera set-up in the courtroom who are uploading the trial footage so when they get part 2 up it should be covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMG9FijZ3NI

I'm just here to watch Daria get dismantled

e: Looks like they got part 2 up while I was posting this, hooray.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

This Wolfgang guy, I'm pretty sure I saw a video about him where he went around harassing people who where involved in Sandy Hook, not the parents, but like the cops and EMS and stuff, and he would start throwing all these accusations at them, and when they threatened him in any way, he'd run off and look at the camera and go "i'm going to sue them for threatening me" with this gleeful look.

This is basically every one of the Sandy Hook truthers. Wolfgang Halbig, Jim Fetzer, Dan Bidondi. Same rear end in a top hat, different hat.

Different shooting, but this video has a pretty decent rundown on thes dipshits and how they act
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To91BJGKr5I

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Confession time - I thought Alex Jones was one of those little off but essentially harmless AM radio conspiracy people…

well oops

jesus christ what a vile gently caress. This became the modern Republican take on everything, right? I think I can hear it in the diction.

Am genuinely surprised he hasn’t been violenced by one of the kids’ parents.

also :lol: the producer does NOT want to be there

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bobcats posted:

jesus christ what a vile gently caress. This became the modern Republican take on everything, right? I think I can hear it in the diction.

Yep. The entire Republican party is InfoWars now. Which is bad for Alex since he's now redundant--Tucker Carlson does exactly the same stuff Alex does, but doesn't look like a complete nutcase in the process so it's easier to swallow.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bobcats posted:

Confession time - I thought Alex Jones was one of those little off but essentially harmless AM radio conspiracy people…

Literally none of those guys have ever been harmless, hth

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Grand Fromage posted:

Yep. The entire Republican party is InfoWars now. Which is bad for Alex since he's now redundant--Tucker Carlson does exactly the same stuff Alex does, but doesn't look like a complete nutcase in the process so it's easier to swallow.

Tucker realized a few things that Alex didn’t because Alex seems to be a true believer:

1) It’s easier to spread conspiracy theories if it’s just nebulous “them” or “globalists”, etc behind things than lizard people who turn frogs gay.

2) A unsurprising but disappointingly large number of white people will follow you and share KKK and Nazi ideals if you just find other words for all the concepts.

3) You have to make it look like a legit news broadcast for people to take it seriously.

By sharing the exact same stuff as Alex Jones but with more sanitized words, Tucker has made his followers into American Nazis without the label. Other groups like OANN have tried to capture the same audience but only get the most extreme fragment because they totally ignore point 2 and play loose with point 1.

Tucker is never going to be in the same spot as Alex is because he’s much more careful with his rhetoric and makes it as close to the line as possible without going over. This makes Tucker 100x as dangerous as someone like Alex because of his reach.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Alex Jones isn't a true believer. He keeps changing his story. He used to be a bog standard NWO/Illuminati conspiracy theorist. Black helicopters and United Nations troops on American soil sort of stuff.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Bobcats posted:

well oops

Am genuinely surprised he hasn’t been violenced by one of the kids’ parents.

also :lol: the producer does NOT want to be there

You shouldn't feel bad about that. He was able to hide his power level for a very long time. The gay frogs poo poo that is most of his coverage in popular news media serves two purposes.

If you really want to get angry, you should listen to what he says about trans people.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I thought AJ was just a UFOs guy until I started listening to Knowledge Fight and discovered it's all about the Literal Christian Devil, not aliens (though Satan is possibly an alien?)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
President Carlson

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know if he still does it but the dumbass used to keep making predictions. NWO global government by 2005. FEMA death camps by 2013. I think he's learned to keep it metaphysical now.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

twistedmentat posted:

It's possible that you might be conflating him with Dan "The Kraken" Bidondi, who has also featured in this trial's evidence and was pulling very similar stunts. Difference was that he actually had some direct employment to Infowars and wasn't just a regular guest.

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

The thing that makes me laugh about Daria's testimony - her deposition appearance was so bad that it's essentially 1/2 of a million dollar sanction and is legally considered a non-appearance yet it is still being used to impeach her left and right and Jones is 100% bound to every bit of it.

Also, although they are presented as different entities in front of the jury, the judge has ruled free speech systems etc. are all just jones' alter egos. She is literally testifying for Alex Jones right now because he is Infowars.

Up here, during a questioning on an affidavit (which is, I think, the equivalent of these depositions), if a deponent does not know the answer to a question, we usually ask for an undertaking to provide the information later in a written response. Do you folks down there not do that? Because I hear a lot of non-responsive answers without a demand for a real answer.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If you ironic or puppetmaster tinhat long enough you will become a real tinhat.

also the true believer or puppetmaster debateis a dumb academic class room thing that doesnt really matter because it results in bad things either way.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I tried reading the live-tweets earlier but I just couldn't stomach it after awhile for these two reasons:
A) Alex Jones and everyone who works for him are loving awful, terrible people who profit off spreading lies
B) It feels like none of them are going to face any real consequences

Alex Jones deserves to go to jail but that's not even on the table here. Even if he lost everything he owns now, he's a Rich Conservative Person and would get instantly bailed out. He'll wind up being merely very rich instead of filthy loving rich. And he's going to keep doing all of the other horrible destructive poo poo that he does every single day

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grand Fromage posted:

This isn't the "technically probably killed a guy" story Alex told though.

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up on one of the KF episodes I’ve caught, Jones is so addicted to self-promotion he loves talking himself up even if it comes across as weird and self-defeating. You’d think “I totally once killed a guy with my strong man fists” would be something he’d hint hint wink wink nudge nudge about to make himself sound cool more often.

Like how whenever he talks about abortion he goes on a digression into how when he was younger he paid for a lot of abortions because he’s so masculine and potent and yadda yadda, and only after speaking glowingly about himself for a while does he remember to circle back to “but uh, abortion is bad and I know that now”

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up on one of the KF episodes I’ve caught, Jones is so addicted to self-promotion he loves talking himself up even if it comes across as weird and self-defeating. You’d think “I totally once killed a guy with my strong man fists” would be something he’d hint hint wink wink nudge nudge about to make himself sound cool more often.

Like how whenever he talks about abortion he goes on a digression into how when he was younger he paid for a lot of abortions because he’s so masculine and potent and yadda yadda, and only after speaking glowingly about himself for a while does he remember to circle back to “but uh, abortion is bad and I know that now”

The "probably killed a guy" eventually comes up and is part of their closer for a while. "[person ] probably never killed a guy. But you know who technically, probably did? Alex Jones." He's talked several times about "stomping someone's guts out" too.
He's also a dog murderer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

its all nice on rice posted:

The "probably killed a guy" eventually comes up and is part of their closer for a while. "[person ] probably never killed a guy. But you know who technically, probably did? Alex Jones." He's talked several times about "stomping someone's guts out" too.
Does he have an account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

its all nice on rice posted:

You know, now that you bring up "stomping someone's guts out" that sounds familiar, I guess I just didn't connect it to "probably killed a guy"