Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mzbundifund posted:

Doesn't he constantly and uncontrollably shed swarms of monsters

Easy for hugs!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can soft lock your progress in Power Wash Simulator. Thats incredible

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Mzbundifund posted:

Doesn't he constantly and uncontrollably shed swarms of monsters

Now you’re just nitpicking

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I really should play through KRZ again and do the opposite of what I did the first time in act IV. In one of the sequences I picked to focus on the dogs. I got dogs.

also I really wish a place like the underground tiki bar existed in real life

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Somnium Files are good because it presents the most cringey unlikable characters that you dread having to interact with but when they get a big moment at the end and you are hooting and hollering.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A friend if mine ran a pop up tiki bar. Stuff is real and good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Pwnstar posted:

The Somnium Files are good because it presents the most cringey unlikable characters that you dread having to interact with but when they get a big moment at the end and you are hooting and hollering.

One reason I think Nirvana Initiative is not as tightly constructed as the original is that the cast of cringey weirdos is not as interesting as it was the first time around. Mame, Shoma, and Komeji are no Iris, Ota, and Mayumi. (Kizzy is alright.)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's just too big of a cast imo. AI1's cast and general story was one of the tightest things he did, AI2 is more like VLR where the expansiveness is part of the fun but it's also less focused

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Barudak posted:

You can soft lock your progress in Power Wash Simulator. Thats incredible

I'm guessing this is regarding the Mayor's Mansion where you need the ultra long extension?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

I'm guessing this is regarding the Mayor's Mansion where you need the ultra long extension?

It is indeed. I have no money to buy one so I have to grind the bonus non-campaign missions if I want to progress, otherwise I'm stuck. If you spend that money game over, thats a permanent softlock

Guess Im quitting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

I don’t remember Zidane being too bright, seemed more crafty than smart

He's got that kind of common sense street smarts but he is also pretty worldly well-traveled (within the known world) stage actor and performer with a known theater troupe.

Rinkles posted:

Luigi's Mansion is a charming game, but I don't really "get" it. I don't think it can hold my interest for an entire playthrough.

I do like lots of the details, though, like Luigi humming to the theme song.

It is a very short game so imo at least push through it because an entire playthrough is shorter than you think.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

It is indeed. I have no money to buy one so I have to grind the bonus non-campaign missions if I want to progress, otherwise I'm stuck. If you spend that money game over, thats a permanent softlock

Guess Im quitting.

See if you can cheat engine your cash up to buy the thing. Search for whatever value of money you have currently and then do something to change the amount so you can search for the new value and cheat it up enough to cover the price.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

See if you can cheat engine your cash up to buy the thing. Search for whatever value of money you have currently and then do something to change the amount so you can search for the new value and cheat it up enough to cover the price.

Im on xbox, so lmao, laffo. Its fine, the game was only good as long as it was frictionless.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zidane was Lupin III until he realized he wanted to settle down with royalty.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Im on xbox, so lmao, laffo. Its fine, the game was only good as long as it was frictionless.

Oh

Oh dear

Shinjobi posted:

Zidane was Lupin III until he realized he wanted to settle down with royalty.

Nah he didn't settle down, royalty got on his level

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good point

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The saddest part is that when I was a kid me and my buddy always dreamed of creating a survival game. You'd have to hunt and fish and gather, slowly engineering your buildings and environment to tackle the increasingly difficult challenges of surviving on a deserted island. When Lost in Blue came out we played the hell out of it, but how janky and all the minigames really dragged it down, we'd always envisioned something more open and non linear. Now survival games are a dime a dozen but they're all either too simple or too focused on the wrong things. Lost in Blue at least never lost sight of being just two days away from death, some of them are so easy you a starving nobody can build protoindustrial works before you've even had a hot meal.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

AI 2 Devs: "We gotta have a guy stalking an 18 year old girl in this game too, for some reason"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

AI 2 Devs: "We gotta have a guy stalking an 18 year old girl in this game too, for some reason"

Still haven’t finished AI1 but there was not only Ota being just a weird lame otaku boy (I guess man since he’s like 22 iirc) harassing a mentally unwell girl on the internet to gain clout with her when he used his alt twitter account to white knight her but also the kinda lame yakuza guy, so I guess they just think it works.

Man, typing that out I should really just kinda hate Ota instead of being ambivalent/mildly amused by himZ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's the magic of ushikoshi. Everybody is an unlovable loser but you love them anyway

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 28, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

That's the magic of ushikoshi. Everybody is an unlovable lover but you love them anyway

hosed up opinion imho, I liked like everyone in VLR besides Dio Brando (and Sigma was kind of a dick).

Speaking of VLR, I found out Zero III was the same actor as Lady Butterfly in Sekiro, which was really weird/neat.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I love video games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I love video games

:shobon:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

:biglips:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What are video games?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

What are video games?

Hours of fun for the whole family!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everyone always asks what is VideoGames no one ever asks how is VideoGames :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Everyone always asks what is VideoGames no one ever asks how is VideoGames :(

I do not mind - I have Majora's Mask making me smile. :3:

Looking forward to trying out Mountain zone tomorrow! And helping out some Clocktown residents. AND maybe helping out the great fairy via Woodfall. I think it is possible. We shall see! Hopefully there will not be a repeat of my lilly jumping from Tuesday. Or fast travelling away without grabbing the nearby owl statue thus making me have to redo the entire platforming section.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If I ever get round to it, should I go with N64 or 3DS ocarina? Probably emulated either way.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

If I ever get round to it, should I go with N64 or 3DS ocarina? Probably emulated either way.

I played the N64 NTSC version and had a wonderful time. I also like being able to use my WiiU pro controller even though I mess up the buttons all the time. Plus you get to play on a big screen with big sounds!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

you can emulate the 3DS on a big screen, and I think you can get fancy and emulate each screen on a different monitor/tv. you can even emulate the motion controls with a DS4.

the main draw of the 3DS version are the improved graphics (unless they did a poor job)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
iirc the 3ds version makes one of the most fun masks worse to play so stick to N64

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

you can emulate the 3DS on a big screen, and I think you can get fancy and emulate each screen on a different monitor/tv. you can even emulate the motion controls with a DS4.

the main draw of the 3DS version are the improved graphics (unless they did a poor job)

As someone with no knowledge of improved graphics, the graphics I am currently watching while playing look dynamite. I am not lacking in horror or humour. Also I was able to scare LVG because she asked why I was rushing so quickly round the lilly pads and I told her it was because of this! And I swung the camera up to show her the moon (it was the final day) and she freaked out :D Brilliant moment.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i still vividly remember the commercials with the moon. a great visual.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

3DS Ocarina has some nice QoL stuff like gyro aiming and switching boots without going into the menu

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Gripweed posted:

Which of the free to play Final Fantasy phone games is good?

Dissidia Opera Omnia

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I played that final fantasy record keeper 0hone game for several years but it eventually bloated itself into oblivion so I stopped. Mtg arena is now my phone game of choice :suicide:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Each has their ups and downs. The original is the one everyone references so it might be fun to have that original experience. But the 3DS remake smooths over some rough edges. If I were choosing I'd say play the original, but the 3DS version is good too if you want a slightly more modern experience.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
3DS ocarina is a close to strict upgrade. It's majora where it's unclear whether the advantages of 3ds outweigh the downsides.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

3DS ocarina is a close to strict upgrade. It's majora where it's unclear where the advantages of 3ds outweigh the downsides.

Yes exactly.