Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Vince will get fined $200k by the SEC and then the stock will go up because the investigation is over and he will make $150 million from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sir Tonk posted:

Fair, he'll still never pay any real cost for all the abuse beyond paying them off with other people's money

Oh no, I mean in terms of the type of punishment he should be getting, it's unlikely in the extreme that sort of justice would be done.

But in terms of the damage to his ego, which (along with spite) is what drives most rich powerful people to do the poo poo they do? Oh yeah, he's definitely suffering there. And before people go "oh yeah I'm sure he's just suffering so horribly, with his money and cars and big houses :rolleyes:", you have to remember that rich guys like Vince don't give a poo poo about any of that. Vince doesn't have any hobbies, and he won't get the same thrill of belittling and berating people if it's just the household servants that aren't seen by anyone else. For guys like Vince, their egos and insecurities rely on being a winner 100% of the time, and being seen as a big important person by other rich and powerful people. Vince never got that recognition by anyone outside the industry, and ultimately being forced to resign from the company he's run for the last 40 years is an absolute body blow to Vince's ego. Because he was forced to step down without ever being recognized by the mainstream media as an innovator and creator and brilliant businessman. Instead he's just the carny gently caress who lost his company because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

It's not being sued into oblivion or thrown in prison, both of which absolutely should be what happens to him, if we lived in a just and fair world. But we don't. However, at least we got to see the insane narcissist control freak lose his grip on the company that's literally dominated pro wrestling for the better part of four decades, and he's been forced to abruptly transition from jetting all over the place and having meetings and tearing up scripts and screaming at his employees, to having nothing to do and nowhere to go during however much time he's got left on this planet. That's definitely a form of comeuppance Vince richly deserves, so I'll take what I can get.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

Wrestlemania 30, the good one.
Wrestlemania Play Button, the one where Roman actually looked kinda good.
Wrestlemania Star, the one where Roman looked really bad.
Wrestlemania Sun, the one where Roman looked loving awful.
Wrestlemania Fleur, the one where Roman looked somehow even loving worse.
Wrestlemania Slightly Different Sun, the Kofi one and also the one that ended on a botch.
Wrestlemania Pirate Ship 1, the one in the back room of the warehouse
Wrestlemania Pirate Ship 2, the one with rain
Wrestlemania Star Again, the one with Brock vs. Roman again.

WM 30 was the last really good top to bottom Mania
WM 31 (Play Button) was ok, the Seth cash in was probably the last good MitB cash in.
WM 32 (Star and Horns) was loving awful. Absolutely one of the worst Manias.
WM 33 (Sun) started decent, but really loving dragged at the halfway. we got Bray's worm ring and Taker & roman making GBS threads up the ring.
WM 34 (Fluer) was ok but weird. Like Asuka vs Charlotte was good, wrong person won. Shinsuke vs AJ sucked, Cena gets squashed by Taker, a child wins the tag titles. Ronda had an intergender tag match. Brock beats Roman when everyone expected this to be when he was crowned.
WM 35 (i think its supposed to be the statue of liberty crown) was good but it was even longer. had some highs and some real lows.
WM 36 (Covidmanias) Weird and Awful. like the best actual match might have been Owens vs Rollins. Some people still talk about the Boneyard & Firefly Funhouse cinematic matches. The top two title change matches are exactly the same match layout.
WM 37 Night one was far better than Night 2 but i thought together they were mostly good. Cut 5 matches between both nights and it'd be a solid one night show.
WM 38 both separate and together were pretty bad. there was maybe 5 matches from both nights that are good/fun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Brock walked out and came back before the show even aired. I am sure they would have trashed Brock if he left them without a main event for Summer Slam.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
WM 32 should be remember as the toilet WM as that's where I spent most of the main event.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was bad for cm punk to say that they should have acted like brock didn't do the show. i don't think they even talked poo poo about jeff jarrett almost not doing a ppv all those years ago because he ended up doing it, but they did talk poo poo about stone cold taking his ball and going home. i agree that the culture will be the same

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The last line of that Punk statement made me lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everyone really wanted that sasha-brock thing to be a zinger but it just didnt work out that way. sure they threw a dumptruck of money at brock to come back to the place he already was to stand in a wrestling ring, while basically egging sasha and naomi to leave. but they paid the dumptruck. it would have been a great own but there's no use crying over spilt milk. wwe chopped up a man.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

punk's bad argument for what would have been a good point made sasha and naomi go back to wwe. dumb rear end

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
when brock was mad about vince leaving, he left, and wwe reacted by giving him a lot of money and whatever else they had to do to convince him to come back

when sasha and naomi were mad about their titles getting devalued, they left, and wwe reacted by having michael cole call them unprofessional on live television

the comparison is still pretty apt!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Fart Radio posted:

when brock was mad about vince leaving, he left, and wwe reacted by giving him a lot of money and whatever else they had to do to convince him to come back

when sasha and naomi were mad about their titles getting devalued, they left, and wwe reacted by having michael cole call them unprofessional on live television

the comparison is still pretty apt!

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

i legitimately could not parse if your post was for or against punk's point

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh sorry. sometimes you start posting like a weirdo as a joke and then you become the joker.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

WM 32 should be remember as the toilet WM as that's where I spent most of the main event.

Sounds more fun than watching that main event.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThePariah posted:

Sounds more fun than watching that main event.

100%. Most chill bathroom session I've ever had at a sporting event. That room was empty.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Punk's half right in that the culture hasn't changed at all (Yet, maybe ever) and they're willing to trash anyone they think is replaceable but Brock left that day and by the end of the night they found enough money to convince him to stay

Which is really unique to Brock and The Rock. They even trashed Austin when he left

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Astro7x posted:

I am sure they would have trashed Brock if he left them without a main event for Summer Slam.

lol no they wouldn't because they desperately need Brock. They would've done what they did, and parked a dump truck full of cash in front of his door.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Punk's half right in that the culture hasn't changed at all (Yet, maybe ever) and they're willing to trash anyone they think is replaceable but Brock left that day and by the end of the night they found enough money to convince him to stay

Which is really unique to Brock and The Rock. They even trashed Austin when he left

More just a general point but how mainstream is Brock even by this point? My gut would say more people on the street would know who Brock is compared to Austin, but I can't imagine Brock is now worth the ridiculous amount of money WWE pay him.

Or is it simply that they don't have anyone else?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Post is not edit.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Brock is still one of their most over talents despite all his matches being bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

My gut would say more people on the street would know who Brock is compared to Austin

I’d be suspicious of that

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Steph's in charge, and if the Patrice O'Neal story is anything to go by, she's just as weird as Vince. Plus with her having overseen creative for so long, one has to wonder if she'll try to exert her influence over in the same way Vince did.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Blooming Brilliant posted:

More just a general point but how mainstream is Brock even by this point? My gut would say more people on the street would know who Brock is compared to Austin, but I can't imagine Brock is now worth the ridiculous amount of money WWE pay him.

Or is it simply that they don't have anyone else?
Even at UFC's peak I don't know if it was as close to as big as wrestling was in the late 90s. Brock's leverage was that he could say no and gently caress off to Vince after already proving he could via lawsuit and what really helped his case is that he was always over and only had to be there like 15 times a year

There's a reason why Goldberg was the backup plan, it's because he's one of the only spectacles left for WWE. There's also Rock, Cena, and Undertaker which just shows that since the wrestling boom fell off WWE has done a really bad job at making people care about wrestling

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seams posted:

Brock is still one of their most over talents despite all his matches being bad.

when Brock gives a drat he can be amazing. it’s just that he (understandably) so rarely does. he’s great with little flippy dudes.

WWE pissed away such an amazing story with Brock and Joe where Brock was so drat scared of Joe that he’d hide in random, undisclosed places backstage so he wouldn’t be found and tried to duck facing Joe in the ring

but it somehow turned into a debacle with Miz getting involved and Braun getting thrown into a garbage truck? and then coming out of a different garbage truck during the next show a few states away?

mess

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm not sure if I buy the idea of Brock being more well-known than Austin amongst the general public, but the consensus seems to be that Vince didn't really want Austin as the top star to begin with and only put him there because he was mega-popular and there was heavy competition from WCW forcing his hand. That made it much easier for him to poo poo on Austin when he walked out, since WCW was dead by that point. He loves Rock and Brock for various reasons, so he probably wasn't going to badmouth them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the escape goat posted:

when Brock gives a drat he can be amazing. it’s just that he (understandably) so rarely does. he’s great with little flippy dudes.
Yeah the period where we got Brock vs AJ, Finn, Danielson, Seth was pretty great

Then it went back to Brock vs Roman spamming finishers - I think Dave says this is a big Heyman thing? - and it sucks so bad

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

brock and randy are unironically in the like top 5 wrestlers in the world when they want to be and it's a great fault of wwe's booking and environment that they so rarely want to be

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

brian posted:

brock and randy are unironically in the like top 5 wrestlers in the world

They're definitely very capable when they try but come on

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Top 20 MAYBE and that’s generous

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seriously, as reliable as he can be when he gives a poo poo, has Orton ever been a draw?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

brian posted:

brock and randy are unironically in the like top 5 wrestlers in the world when they want to be and it's a great fault of wwe's booking and environment that they so rarely want to be

How did you get into TK's stash of bolivian snow?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

brian posted:

Randy would care more if he was allowed to control his narrative

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

What was the botched ending at Slightly Different Sun?

The match was supposed to end with Becky pinning Ronda on a crucifix, Ronda hosed it up and her shoulders were up. It kinda ruined the moment because it was so janky and also because lmao Ronda was leaving and they didnt just have her tap out.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Wasn't it supposed to be Alimania except he got hurt?

Not exactly.

Ali was going to be the one to get that booking in the Gauntlet match and possibly also in the Chamber match? And maybe he would've gotten a similar groundswell of support and Alimania would've happened, who knows.

But the plan for Mania was Owens vs. Bryan.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Randy no but Brock is an all timer pro wrestler. Amazing matches, promos you can't look away from, and a finish that just tosses your opponent.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

wwe likers i need your help. is this actually something thats being telegraphed or is the funny englishman website pulling my leg. is the fiend coming back this weekend

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brock is one of the modern GOATs, yeah. His aura and intensity are one thing but he may legitimately be the best seller in modern wrestling.

It just comes with a massive asterisk because he has to, you know, give a gently caress.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

brian posted:

brian… james!!!

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

sorry for having the most correct opinion of all time I guess!!!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

the escape goat posted:

WWE pissed away such an amazing story with Brock and Joe where Brock was so drat scared of Joe that he’d hide in random, undisclosed places backstage so he wouldn’t be found and tried to duck facing Joe in the ring

but it somehow turned into a debacle with Miz getting involved and Braun getting thrown into a garbage truck? and then coming out of a different garbage truck during the next show a few states away?

I think you're merging two separate things. Brock/Joe happened at Eat Balls, then the SummerSlam rematch added Braun and Roman for a 4-way that Brock also won, and him and Joe never did anything after that.

Miz and Braun getting tossed into a garbage truck was part of that The Shield Featuring Kurt Angle thing later that fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's funny how open Brock will be about "I want to work with this person" and they still won't let him.

He was actually engaged in the Joe angle as well as seeing Keith Lee for the first time.