Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

30.5 Days posted:

What a beautiful man

as dedicated to the kayfabe as any wrestling legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

A Bakers Cousin posted:

What we should give out tests for free?

the realization that the post office actually can do useful things was amazing

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The 737 Max having automatic crashing software that required DLC to remove. No one went to jail for killing 300 people.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

are you like 100 years old dude

in my day youth showed elders respect before they threw them off the cliffs

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Zerg Mans posted:

The 737 Max having automatic crashing software that required DLC to remove. No one went to jail for killing 300 people.

if i remember right african pilots were the victims and boeing was like "lol sure like black guys are good pilots"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They sold the stall limiter or whatever as an add-on and they still had to ground everything.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bob Dole lost the presidential election and then started advertising dick pills

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Anime Liker posted:

Bob Dole lost the presidential election and then started advertising dick pills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8uNG02ixA

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

man pepsi always had loving terrible ads huh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ben shapino posted:

man pepsi always had loving terrible ads huh

The Kardashian making sure cops stay hydrated as they beat black people may be the peak of bad commercials.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I thought you all should know, pepsi.yahoo.com/britney is no longer a valid URL

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

The Anime Liker posted:

The Kardashian making sure cops stay hydrated as they beat black people may be the peak of bad commercials.

But it did give us a great spoof in The Boys so who's to say if it's bad or good

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Big structural change.

Hope and change.

Comically inept cia assassins

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Donald Trump bringing up post-9/11 New York in response to Ted Cruz and crushing his 2016 presidential ambition in one fell swoop.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
god i miss him

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Donald Ducks His Taxes

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

if i remember right african pilots were the victims and boeing was like "lol sure like black guys are good pilots"

Lol yeah it was just like masks off racism about the southeast Asian and African pilots until it came out that Boeing designed a plane so lovely it needs software that causes it to crash into the ground sometimes to fly

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ikanreed posted:

Big structural change.

Counterpoint: Big structural bailey

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
In 2020 Michael Bloomberg could have cut every man, woman, and child in the US a million dollar check and said, "Here you go, if you want to pay me back, don't vote for Trump, OK?" and had a greater impact on the election, and saved money in the bargain.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Achernar posted:

In 2020 Michael Bloomberg could have cut every man, woman, and child in the US a million dollar check and said, "Here you go, if you want to pay me back, don't vote for Trump, OK?" and had a greater impact on the election, and saved money in the bargain.

I didn't know that Mike Bloomberg had $330,000,000,000,000.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Achernar posted:

your math is terrible

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

In Training posted:

I didn't know that Mike Bloomberg had $330,000,000,000,000.

Alright drat, a thousand dollar check. That many zeros, I lose track.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Counterpoint: Big structural bailey

counter-counterpoint : BLOOD AND TEETH

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Eve Fartlow

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

This is antisemitism

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Achernar posted:

Alright drat, a thousand dollar check. That many zeros, I lose track.

the premise is flawed because there's no way they'd part with 10 bucks they found on the ground

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
when anyone writes elizabeth warren, or her name is in the news, it makes me laugh a lot. she doesn't have khive or even clinton level defenders and bot networks because warren's fans were all office dishmops

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Who do they need to be freed from? Secret.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do what now

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

"... from all the war crimes" is the rest of the last sentence

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
build back better

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

a qanon freak mercing the boss of the gambino crime family

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Mind_Taker posted:

a qanon freak mercing the boss of the gambino crime family

underboss

mawarannahr posted:

a qanon guy assassinating an underboss of the Gambino crime family because he was tired of the CIA infiltrating the mafia

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

britishbornandbread posted:

Donald Trump bringing up post-9/11 New York in response to Ted Cruz and crushing his 2016 presidential ambition in one fell swoop.
I'm still 1000% convinced that #cruzsexscandal is super real. Like, shame Cruz begged Trump for forgiveness so soon. I want that story un-caught and un-killed.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Zelensky's quasi-military outfits reminded me of this:

"Hey Tony, I'm coming over to chat. Wear something military-ish. No, not the red coat with the big hat, something modern."

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol again at remembering how loving stupid that lady is

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

IAMKOREA posted:

Boeing designed a plane so lovely it needs software that causes it to crash into the ground sometimes to fly

It's unfair to say that it was just poorly designed. It was poorly designed, but not really in a way that should have killed anyone. But boeing greed sure killed a shitload of people!

Boeing lobbied the FAA to get the plane to market faster by claiming it only required minimal re-training to fly which it did by claiming it was just an updated package of an old plane with nothing new in terms of its avionics.

They went so far as to convince the FAA to remove any mention of a system call MCAS (which caused the crashes) from the update manuals by claiming it existed on a previous version of the plane (a USAF tanker lmao) so it wasn't an update and
didn't warrant inclusion-- which would add training time.

Except that they had also fundamentally changed the system by removing the pilot's ability to over ride it without turning it off entirely. Not that it mattered because nobody actually flying the MAX was aware of its existence anyways, or even knew how to turn it off.

Then they made the MCAS function off one poorly made sensor so the system, which the pilots weren't aware of to begin with, would trigger when it didn't need to and had no redundancy at all. Then the pilots would just try to counter the movements, completely unaware that they were fighting a new system. But the MCAS kept fighting the pilot inputs and all the conflicting inputs then crashed the planes, the whole time the pilots would've had no loving idea what was making the plane do what it was doing.

Nobody had to die even if the system and it's implementation were bad. The pilots could have been told "hey there's a system called MCAS. if you need to over-ride the MCAS you need to turn it off." But instead 300+ people died because boeing lied about the plane so they could avoid training people on it so they could sell it sooner

Also they covered it up for over a year, knowing it was probably why the planes crashed. Ofc the only people who ate poo poo were the shareholders and one guy who had to resign

Fart Car '97 has issued a correction as of 03:43 on Jul 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

"boeing dumb" is funny but really it's "boeing committed manslaughter 300 or so times"