Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yum, just what I love to dip fried chicken in: Vicks Vapo-Rub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It reminds me a lot of the toothpastes the dentist lets me choose from

You want mint chocolate? Bubblegum? Pineapple? Grit? More grit?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/gabrieldeleon/status/1369128202451312644?t=20uWg13vdYuaeBxLxyPwWg&s=19

Does this count?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Brawnfire posted:

I fuckin love the grit, it's the best part about going to the dentist. Delicious crunchy toothpaste.

I recently changed dentists and the new one doesn't have cinnamon polishing paste and ngl I've considered going back to the more expensive place because of that.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I had mint sprite when I was in Mongolia a few years ago and it was very much like drinking carbonated toothpaste. I don't know what I was expecting but it was not great.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I had mint sprite when I was in Mongolia a few years ago and it was very much like drinking carbonated toothpaste. I don't know what I was expecting but it was not great.

This is me every time I make the mistake of trying a mint chocolate beer.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5lKmCByqrA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

hallo spacedog posted:

This is me every time I make the mistake of trying a mint chocolate beer.

Ugh, I had a Southern Tier thin mint cookie stout

I love Southern Tier! I love thin mints!

Oh gently caress what is this vile poo poo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol you stated carrots are not in traditional Mexican food, so what the gently caress do you know?
I said they aren't featured in traditionally Mexican foods and sure, yeah, that was hyperbole of course, but drat there's no need to defend carrot shavings on a taco pita thing that's also got squash in it

Anyway, I made a traditional fettucine alfredo:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fettuccini Awfuckno

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

No carrots?!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Bloop posted:

Fettuccini Awfuckno
drat, you're right, I forgot the most important traditional ingredient:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sirotan posted:

I fuckin love the grit, it's the best part about going to the dentist. Delicious crunchy toothpaste.

I recently changed dentists and the new one doesn't have cinnamon polishing paste and ngl I've considered going back to the more expensive place because of that.

The hell is wrong with you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
no, the grit is good

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The hell is wrong with you

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure you can just mix cinnamon powder into sanding paste and eat it if you like it that much.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

SlothfulCobra posted:

having a food culture that is so arrogant and self-confident about whatever it does is worse.

That is the US. Having a "food culture" that is beyond garbage on every level all the while "well actually"-ing other countries about their own real food culture.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Brawnfire posted:

High grit, please.

I wonder if you could make a Wendy's Frosty with grit. It could be the textural drink sensation to finally unseat bubble tea from its throne.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Serves 4

½ oz. lard
8 oz. plain flour
1 level teaspoonful salt
½ oz. fresh baker’s yeast
¼ pint warm water
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoonfuls oil
1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 lb. tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 level tablespoonful concentrated tomato paste
&Frac14; level teaspoonful dried thyme
salt and black pepper
1 large bay leaf
2 level teaspoonfuls sugar
4 oz. lean ham
4 oz. Bel Paese cheese, thinly sliced
1 small can anchovies, drained
16 green olives

Rub lard into flour and salt in a bowl until resembling fine bread-crumbs. Blend yeast with water and mix into flour to make a soft and manageable dough. Knead on a lightly-floured surface till smooth and elastic. Prove in an oiled polythene bag in a warm place till doubled in size.
Make filling: sauté onion in oil til beginning to brown, add pepper and continue gently for 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf and sugar and simmer for ½ hr till soft and well reduced. Discard bay leaf.
Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead well. Roll into a rectangle and brush with oil. Roll up like a Swiss roll. Repeat the process 3 times.
Roll out to fit a 10-in. sandwich tin. Lay ham over the dough, then cheese and finally the tomato mixture. Arrange anchovy fillets in a lattice pattern on the top and put a halved olive in each square.
At this stage the pizza can be left for up to ½ hr. if more convenient, before cooking at 450° F. (mark 8) for about 30 minutes in the centre of the oven.

quote:

The addition of beans to the filling and a spicy whole wheat crust make this pizza as flavorful and nutritious as it is attractive and inexpensive.

For 1 12-inch pizza you will need:
Whole Wheat Shell (recipe follows)
1/2 lb. hot Italian sausages
1 can (16 oz.) pork and beans with tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 tomato, thinly sliced
6 oz. sliced Mozzarella cheese, Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Whole Wheat Shell: Pour 2/3 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F) into bowl. Sprinkle with 1 pkg. active dry yeast. Let stand 5 min. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Stir in about 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead 5 to 8 min. Place into oiled bowl, turning to oil top. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hrs.

Preparation:
1. Punch down raised pizza dough and fit into 12-inch pizza pan.

2. Remove casings from sausages. Crumble meat into skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until meat is well browned. Pour off fat.

3. Add pork and beans and oregano to sausage, mixing well. Spread over pizza shell.

4. Bake to 425°F to 10 min. Arrange tomato and cheese slices over hot pizza. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese.

5. Return to oven. Bake 10 min. longer. Cut into wedges and serve at once.

Good served with: Coleslaw.

Tips: You can substitute a ready-made pizza dough for the Whole Wheat Shell, if you wish.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

this got posted in the previous thread but I wanna repost it with the info that Ralston was a eugenics cult which might explain why this ad seems so alarming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralstonism

I don't know what's with 19th century cereal companies and being completely insane

what the gently caress is anchovy essence

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Skratte posted:

what the gently caress is anchovy essence
"Essence" was a word for "flavouring" back in the early days of culinary flavouring manufacturing.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That weird pizza kind of looks more like pissaladiere

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Skratte posted:

this got posted in the previous thread but I wanna repost it with the info that Ralston was a eugenics cult which might explain why this ad seems so alarming

This looks like a propaganda poster from 1936 germany.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

In what way is the whole wheat crust "spicy", pray

Oh I see, a rumor of black pepepr. in it

also I'm the pairing suggestion of cole slaw with pizza

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skratte posted:

I don't know what's with 19th century cereal companies and being completely insane

Breakfast cereal was invented to stop teenagers from masturbating, it wasn't a thing before crazy puritanical cults started trying to create ways to stop angrying up the blood with hot or flavorful food like porridge or bacon

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Sirotan posted:

I have found my people

that cinnamon polishing paste is amazing and it's probably a good thing it's a special dentist product

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Data Graham posted:

In what way is the whole wheat crust "spicy", pray

Oh I see, a rumor of black pepepr. in it

also I'm the pairing suggestion of cole slaw with pizza

A less know part of the Swedish pizza experience: it’s always served with a side of ’pizza salad’. A simple salad of finely shredded cabbage, olive oil, vinegar and salt & pepper. Sometimes oregano or tarragon. It’s light and refreshing, and endemic to Sweden.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

axolotl farmer posted:

A less know part of the Swedish pizza experience: it’s always served with a side of ’pizza salad’. A simple salad of finely shredded cabbage, olive oil, vinegar and salt & pepper. Sometimes oregano or tarragon. It’s light and refreshing, and endemic to Sweden.

Speaking as a Swede, pizzasallad sucks.

Anders & Måns found out that you can get it in some places in our neighbouring countries, too. So the infection has spread.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Breakfast cereal was invented to stop teenagers from masturbating, it wasn't a thing before crazy puritanical cults started trying to create ways to stop angrying up the blood with hot or flavorful food like porridge or bacon

Joke's on them, I love cereal AND cranking my hog.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

I’ve yet to have good pizza in Sweden that I didn’t make myself, but I can gently caress with pizzasallad - just not with pizza or kebab. It is pretty solid.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Begging for some semblance of pizza rules to save us from this poo poo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
from a cafe north of mongolia

bean press

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Data Graham posted:

:supaburn: XXXXX-TRA MILD :2bong:

FFT posted:

... are those carrot shavings!?

... and cucumber!!??

Avocado, spinach, and arugula are fine, I guess, but what
They're for children (which is why the packs show "healthy vegetables" so parents will buy them) and they're a really good idea. I have seen children eat these and the amount of mess produced is barely a fraction of what happens when children try to eat regular tacos or burritos.

Plus they're a fun boat-like shape.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tiggum posted:

They're for children (which is why the packs show "healthy vegetables" so parents will buy them) and they're a really good idea. I have seen children eat these and the amount of mess produced is barely a fraction of what happens when children try to eat regular tacos or burritos.

Plus they're a fun boat-like shape.
Children in America don't need XXXXX-TRA MILD tacos. :colbert: And you can get the fun boats with regular old Mild seasoning just fine.

In other news, my kid picked up one of these for me:

Could be good; I'll try it later today. I still haven't found the Byte flavor anywhere. (Any ideas about the latest, blue WTFanta mystery flavor in the States?)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hirayuki posted:

Children in America don't need XXXXX-TRA MILD tacos. :colbert: And you can get the fun boats with regular old Mild seasoning just fine.

In other news, my kid picked up one of these for me:

Could be good; I'll try it later today. I still haven't found the Byte flavor anywhere. (Any ideas about the latest, blue WTFanta mystery flavor in the States?)

Thak god they specified this Coke is endorsed by Marshmello the artist, not Marshmello the UN ambassador or Marshmello the Fortune 500 CEO

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Why the gently caress isn't it marshmallow flavored

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ftrain/status/1552409171089395713?s=20&t=mrhY11faLBl6eoz8rJrt5A

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Brawnfire posted:

Why the gently caress isn't it marshmallow flavored

yeah, they could have just repackaged coke starlight cans

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Poldarn posted:

Joke's on them, I love cereal AND cranking my hog.

To be fair, cereal back then was plain bran flakes, maybe corn. No cocoa, no sugar, not even a goddamn raisin. If that was all you could eat, I doubt your hog would be very active.

Whooping Crabs posted:

yeah, they could have just repackaged coke starlight cans

What a waste that was. Not weird enough to be completely uniquely off-putting, not interesting enough to bother buying a second bottle. Carbonated "it's OK"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell yeah, time to get started on my 24 allotted crabs/month!