Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Lol they're making the jury watch the entire broadcast of each of the clips

This is going to take forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ElegantFugue posted:

"Do you feel Infowars allows all voices on the show?"
"Oh yes totally, all voices are welcome"

That is the problem lady, you allowed on the voices in your head too
lol "good, now who do any of those voices belong to?"
"no idea"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

god it's gotta suck to be the jury on this

just chilling in the jury room for like two hours, doing really nothing

It would be the aftermath I would be worried about as a juror.
What are the chances that Alex or another dipshit starts calling the jury plants by the pedo Clinton gay frog soros pizza hut cabal?
And outright doxes them?
Pretty loving high, and for the next decade you are going to get annoyed by every chud off his meds but on Infowar brain juice.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Is there a way for the court to find Daria in contempt based upon the fact that she’s obviously lying and loving around while under oath?

This is an absolute clusterfuck of a trial, man alive.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

So wait, what's defence's reasoning for playing a long-rear end clip? Was it just to show that he's not just screeching about how it was all fake?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

So wait, what's defence's reasoning for playing a long-rear end clip? Was it just to show that he's not just screeching about how it was all fake?

"We're gonna need to recoup our losses from this judgment so maybe we can get some ad dollars or sales from the jury if we're lucky"

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It's a combination of deliberately wasting time, placating Jone's ego by making him look (in his own eyes) like a good guy regardless of court procedure, and to shower the jury in an avalance of banal nonsense to try and drown out Bankston's evidence from yesterday.

The legal version of a gish gallop, in other words.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

If y'all want another thing to be mad about, here's some fun texas law thanks to Greg Abbott pulling up the ladder as soon as he got elected.

Texas law has a cap on punitive damages. It's 2x economic damages plus between $200-$750k for non-economic damages. All of the damages in this case are expressly defined by statute as non-economic damages. The punitive damages in this case will be capped by the judge after the jury verdict at $750k.

The jury will probably award like $500m in punitive damages, but because of TORT REFORM, Jones will have to pay less than he gets in random bitcoin donations for punishment.

what about the case he has in CT?

also, do you know how issue preclusion interacts with the fact that like he got defaulted in Texas? are issues from that default going to carry over and not be contestable in CT? I know it's different families so I guess he won't be automatically liable unless he actually literally defaulted there also

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Froghammer posted:

Lol they're making the jury watch the entire broadcast of each of the clips

This is going to take forever

Yep, there gonna drag this out as long as loving possible.

Not only that, according to Jordan they edited out Jones' ad reads

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Watching this much Infowars outta nowhere has gotta be dangerous for the jurors. You can see the guy in the foreground scribbling onto his notepad, "Can jet fuel really melt steel beams???"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Uvalde police are like "Hey wait shut the gently caress up"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Liberals would rather have them aborted before they were born

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Scam Likely posted:

Watching this much Infowars outta nowhere has gotta be dangerous for the jurors. You can see the guy in the foreground scribbling onto his notepad, "Can jet fuel really melt steel beams???"

A couple of them already got whiplash from the ad pivot played yesterday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stefan Prodan posted:

what about the case he has in CT?

also, do you know how issue preclusion interacts with the fact that like he got defaulted in Texas? are issues from that default going to carry over and not be contestable in CT? I know it's different families so I guess he won't be automatically liable unless he actually literally defaulted there also

He received the same kind of default in CT for similar reasons. They have a trial on damages in November. This trial has no impact on that except that technically they would have an earlier judgment to collect upon. I do not know if CT has a punitive damages cap.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I kinda get why they're playing this, too slow that Jones was concerned for the kids, but the way he's speaking about Prozac heads and the likes does not cast him in a good light. Guess he wasn't at the "the shooter was a trans queer monster" thing yet.

Also, am I watching this after work again for the second day in a row? Yes, yes I am. :negative:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

I kinda get why they're playing this, too slow that Jones was concerned for the kids, but the way he's speaking about Prozac heads and the likes does not cast him in a good light. Guess he wasn't at the "the shooter was a trans queer monster" thing yet.
Yes, Sandy Hook was several major clicks of the ol' Let's Be More Insane To Win More Eyeballs ratchet ago

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This is the most bizarre strategy. Just play rambling Jones clips to try and purge the jurors memory banks.And it’s not like these clips are particularly exonerating either.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scam Likely posted:

That would be amazing.
"After reviewing the evidence, we the Jury, have unanimously agreed that the kids from Sandy Hook were indeed Russian Soros Clinton Deep States funded Lizard being actors."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Maybe they're attempt to play to the "This is Texas and we love guns" in the jury.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Did the judge address the spat after she left, or the conduct of the defense at all?

Also lmao they’re just going to play full episodes of infowars.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

happyhippy posted:

That would be amazing.
"After reviewing the evidence, we the Jury, have unanimously agreed that the kids from Sandy Hook were indeed Russian Soros Clinton Deep States funded Lizard being actors."

Bill was on the podcast talking about how he was asked to join the team because he used to watch InfoWars as a joke. After watching hours of video, he needed a break because he started to wonder if maybe Jones was right.

Could be that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

red19fire posted:

Did the judge address the spat after she left, or the conduct of the defense at all?

Also lmao they’re just going to play full episodes of infowars.

Reynal (I think that's Jones's lawyer) tried to address the court at the start and she told him he couldn't. Then she basically excused it as tempers running high, but then said if it happens again she was not going to be happy about it

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Wild to think that the defense thinks the jury will be less likely to award damages after sitting through a 20 minute video of Alex Jones

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Why the gently caress is this still playing

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
i have not done anything that bad in life to deserve to listen to infowars

this is hell

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
everyone just sitting around letting alex happen At Them and trying their hardest to kinda let it roll off is quite a display

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Surely if we let Jones slide with a warning, *this time* he’ll learn his lesson.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Instead of clips of the video they put the full 50 minute video into evidence. Jones's lawyers are loving dumb

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I haven't been watching the livestreams because of work but have we hit the point where Infiwars claimed Sandy Hook was a false flag because they took some reddit post about how they were sure that kids killed in Sandy Hook were actually alive and in a children's chorus at a Superbowl halftime show

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
guns good, but gun video games bad?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Video game Doom

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I haven't been watching the livestreams because of work but have we hit the point where Infiwars claimed Sandy Hook was a false flag because they took some reddit post about how they were sure that kids killed in Sandy Hook were actually alive and in a children's chorus at a Superbowl halftime show

They talked about that yesterday

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"The CIA created video games to make people into killers" is one I feel like I should've heard before, but haven't until now.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I'm really hoping we somehow don't have to sit through all five videos.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

It's painful to listen to uncut Infowars without the Knowledge Fight boys calling out the bullshit. I can hear their voices interjecting in my mind as this plays. Oh god, do I have the voices in my head?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Guns! Guns! Guns!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Scam Likely posted:

It's painful to listen to uncut Infowars without the Knowledge Fight boys calling out the bullshit. I can hear their voices interjecting in my mind as this plays. Oh god, do I have the voices in my head?

andy in kansas you're on the air

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If you ever doubted the hard work Knowledge Fight goes through for us....

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I recently switched jobs to one where I'm on chat (I used to be on the phones) so now I can watch this stuff all day while working. It's awesome, but right now I'm questioning my decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Can't wait to hear Reynal's arguments about how this video has anything to do with anything.