Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sure I'll go find it and upload it somewhere, anywhere preferable?

E: hmm hang on, restarting the game seems to have given them a shove and they now appear to be happier doing work, will see if it fixes it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

OwlFancier posted:

Sure I'll go find it and upload it somewhere, anywhere preferable?

gdrive or dropbox or something is fine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Will PM you a link to google drive, cheers.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rhopunzel posted:

We can, I guess? Out of all our internal testing and our publishers internal testing, you're the first to ask for this. It just hasn't been a priority because we figured WASD is ubiquitous.

My wife is a die hard lefty and always reconfigures games to use some unholy combination of the arrow keys and anything around it to control her games. There are definitely people out there who don't or won't adapt to the WASD standard!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

My wife is a die hard lefty and always reconfigures games to use some unholy combination of the arrow keys and anything around it to control her games. There are definitely people out there who don't or won't adapt to the WASD standard!

Yeah, these things are just typically added in the later stages, at this stage were usually focusing on the refining the core game mechanics. Bear in mind this isn't a full released game, its still barely in beta so bear with us. Will try to prioritise getting this in though.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rhopunzel posted:

Yeah, these things are just typically added in the later stages, at this stage were usually focusing on the refining the core game mechanics. Bear in mind this isn't a full released game, its still barely in beta so bear with us. Will try to prioritise getting this in though.

Oh yeah, that's cool, just was backing up the sentiment that some people are weird and need to reconfigure the keys!

In other news, played about an hour of the demo and it's pretty slick! Here's some thoughts!

Love the way you build furniture and workstations, very neat that my NPC Buddy comes and helps or just takes care of it. It's great that they aren't totally helpless without orders.
Took me a minute to realize I needed to just pickaxe my old empty stockpile because there wasn't a "pick this up to move it" button or anything.
Mining felt awesome, I LOVE the sparks that fly when you're mining actual ores. Got a good amount of resources very quickly and was able to build a bunch of workstations. Smelter requires no power of fuel?
Very happy ammo comes in lots of 1000 from a single craft. I imagine you need pretty big stocks if all your colonists are roaming around with guns.
On the flip side, you start with VERY limited ammo and it didn't feel great. You instantly go from only having like 30 shots to having thousands the second you can craft ammo. It's also not immediately clear the revolver is a much stronger per-ammo gun than the carbine.
Raiders are cool, almost got wrecked by my first encounter. I couldn't open their doors but discovered I could shoot through them while closed by getting right up to the door, then mine the block under them once everyone was dead. Is a guy with a skull over him KO'd but not dead? I had to stab them a bunch to really kill them, then stab them a bunch more to loot because E was just picking up the bodies. Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something on looting them?

Decided to go as LEFT as possible before I put the demo down and passed by a few biomes (sludge forest? neato!) and maybe 6 raider outposts and one friendly NPC home, which I couldn't enter via the door or break the blocks. Travelled way too far to want to go home manually so I signed out there. Do you drop items on death? Is there an easy way to go home after ranging out far? Are planets a loop like game-that-shall-not-be-named or with border walls like terraria?

Oh, health regen felt very generous, I only ever had to use a couple medkits after bumping into my first raiders, everything else I healed up very quickly, including from a leap of faith off a mountain that knocked off ~40% hp.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Oh yeah, that's cool, just was backing up the sentiment that some people are weird and need to reconfigure the keys!

In other news, played about an hour of the demo and it's pretty slick! Here's some thoughts!

Love the way you build furniture and workstations, very neat that my NPC Buddy comes and helps or just takes care of it. It's great that they aren't totally helpless without orders.
Took me a minute to realize I needed to just pickaxe my old empty stockpile because there wasn't a "pick this up to move it" button or anything.
Mining felt awesome, I LOVE the sparks that fly when you're mining actual ores. Got a good amount of resources very quickly and was able to build a bunch of workstations. Smelter requires no power of fuel?
Very happy ammo comes in lots of 1000 from a single craft. I imagine you need pretty big stocks if all your colonists are roaming around with guns.
On the flip side, you start with VERY limited ammo and it didn't feel great. You instantly go from only having like 30 shots to having thousands the second you can craft ammo. It's also not immediately clear the revolver is a much stronger per-ammo gun than the carbine.
Raiders are cool, almost got wrecked by my first encounter. I couldn't open their doors but discovered I could shoot through them while closed by getting right up to the door, then mine the block under them once everyone was dead. Is a guy with a skull over him KO'd but not dead? I had to stab them a bunch to really kill them, then stab them a bunch more to loot because E was just picking up the bodies. Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something on looting them?

Decided to go as LEFT as possible before I put the demo down and passed by a few biomes (sludge forest? neato!) and maybe 6 raider outposts and one friendly NPC home, which I couldn't enter via the door or break the blocks. Travelled way too far to want to go home manually so I signed out there. Do you drop items on death? Is there an easy way to go home after ranging out far? Are planets a loop like game-that-shall-not-be-named or with border walls like terraria?

Oh, health regen felt very generous, I only ever had to use a couple medkits after bumping into my first raiders, everything else I healed up very quickly, including from a leap of faith off a mountain that knocked off ~40% hp.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Low tech smelters will require coal very soon, were currently rolling out fuels as resources and haven't finished adding them to everything yet. However the high tech smelter should require electricity to function.

There will eventually be a stockpile manager screen that will allow you to order resources to be moved between stockpiles.

The idea is that the stuff you crash land with is meant to be a survival kit - think like how early cosmonauts were given a shotgun incase they landed in the wilderness and had to fight a bear. The idea is its meant to be an emergency use thing so you're not totally defenseless, rather than immediately going all Rambo running and gunning everything with infinite ammo off the bat. Will think of a way to impress that more.

Skull icon means they're dying. Red skull means they're close to death. We replaced the skulls with beating heart symbols instead so its less grim and more symbolic. Eventually you will be able to bring back dying people to your base, treat them and then recruit them once they're healed.

Currently when you die, your items are deposited into a backpack item where you died, sort of like Rust. May change it so that you can keep some items.

No easy way to go home just yet, but we will be adding beacons so that you can keep track of how far away you are and keep your bearings.

Planets do not loop.

Health needs a huge rebalance, but will likely take a while so were going to just have it be forgiving for now, we aren't really interested in going all dwarf fortress to keep you and your dudes healthy just yet

Thanks again for the feedback!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

We can, I guess? Out of all our internal testing and our publishers internal testing, you're the first to ask for this. It just hasn't been a priority because we figured WASD is ubiquitous.

I remap every game off wasd immediately fwiw

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

victrix posted:

I remap every game off wasd immediately fwiw

Noted! Its going to be added next patch.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

...Ok, left handed or Socalist?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I don't want to dogpile or anything but I'm surprised it didn't already come up: non-qwerty keyboard users probably also would probably rebind WASD :v:

I'm waiting at least another year or two before trying the game.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Ok, if its stopping people from testing the game that much then there probably isn't much more useful feedback to be gained from this thread right now. Thanks for trying anyway.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Seems the game has evolved into Farworld Pioneers, and a new demo is available: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363900/Farworld_Pioneers/

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

Seems the game has evolved into Farworld Pioneers, and a new demo is available: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363900/Farworld_Pioneers/

That's right! And people can rest easy knowing that full key rebinding is on its way!

A more official post and summation will be forthcoming, but we're ultra excited

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

That's right! And people can rest easy knowing that full key rebinding is on its way!

A more official post and summation will be forthcoming, but we're ultra excited

Hell yeah! Congrats on the new name!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks good. whoop my rear end.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

might wanna update your Steam text description, it cuts off early

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

victrix posted:

might wanna update your Steam text description, it cuts off early

Where? Looks normal to me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Where? Looks normal to me

christ this forum is so ancient, I'll just paste the image... nope

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

victrix posted:

Oh I've seen this before on other games, weird. What resolution is your display?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Oh I've seen this before on other games, weird. What resolution is your display?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ooh yay! Fantastic progress.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

victrix posted:

In Firefox on a 4K monitor:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

lordfrikk posted:

In Firefox on a 4K monitor:

4k as well in chrome and it works, must be a Steam thing - like all the other things Steam does to make your life as a dev difficult

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I'm gonna redo the OP and then bug a mod to change the thread name sometime today or tonight

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Oh dang, release date (May 30th) and launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yambZmWBYYM

Congratulations!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey that's good news! Congrats.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Neat!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah was waiting until we got the name change to make a post and bump the thread, I already updated the OP a while ago, thanks for the kind words!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

it's happening boys

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
New art looks really good, gave the demo a spin and I enjoyed the swarms of racoons that tried to break into my shelter lol.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Remind me in a PM on launch day and I'll sticky the thread for a bit so people might see it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I am fairly certain this goon game comes out tomorrow!

stable diffusion helped me make a launch day poster

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao looks good

HopperUK posted:

Remind me in a PM on launch day and I'll sticky the thread for a bit so people might see it

sure!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Hooray!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Hell yeah

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Good luck today!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

to whoever was freaking out about WASD not being rebindable: they're now rebindable :haw:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I hope that is the entirety of the patch notes for the last however much work or this is no goon project at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Was reading the GamePass news post and knew right away it was y'all. Haven't kept track since Outworlder...

Congrats!!