Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KitConstantine posted:

Knowledge Fight is nigh-exclusively Alex Jones stuff lol

You might be thinking of another podcast in the constellation of 'vaguely comedic coverage of right wing figure' media

Behind the Bastards maybe, but I listened to a few AJ episodes of Knowledge Fight a while ago, I just assumed they do other topics too. I guess he's just generating so much content opportunity lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Behind the Bastards maybe, but I listened to a few AJ episodes of Knowledge Fight a while ago, I just assumed they do other topics too. I guess he's just generating so much content opportunity lmao.

They occasionally take a break and cover other even more loony conspiracy stuff, but it is indeed probably 95% by episode and 99% by time spent coverage of Alex jones

Dan is a Saint and Jordan is a madman

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

KitConstantine posted:

The above defense described by SMG then promptly falls apart because the plantiffs have already established Alex jones continued his denial of events and attacks on the parents for *years*, nearly a decade in fact, so there's no way he was still confused in, say, 2018

That's where the two parts go together: they're claiming Jones was confused and traumatized by the shooting, and that he then stayed stupid for a decade due to Infowars' SOP of repeating stuff constantly while never researching anything. So, you see, it wasn't malicious!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's where the two parts go together: they're claiming Jones was confused and traumatized by the shooting, and that he then stayed stupid for a decade due to Infowars' SOP of repeating stuff constantly while never researching anything. So, you see, it wasn't malicious!

That was Mark's argument during Daria's deposition, saying, "How are you journalists if you claim to just follow someone else's work without concluding that your source is a lunatic?"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I like trying to understand what they are saying at times like this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Dan is the living proof that being exposed to ungodly amounts of terribleness is not the only factor into creating a chud.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Did anyone catch what the lawyer held up to the camera?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I think it was a mug and him saying something about tea.
Edit: if it was the moment I think your referring too. Happened like 6 min ago?

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 28, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hope we're done with Daria soon but I fear the defense has another couple hours of clips and questions about timelines that don't matter.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
And we're back!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope they try and blame something on the Bilderberg group.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
This lady keeps giving loaded answers. Like "Alex was just talking about the lies from the government."

Also where did AJ go? I didn't know you could show up for a bit then just wander off in the middle of your trial.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We're so disorganized, we're just a wittle itty bitty global media operation worth millions

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
"Everyone tries to cater to Alex's needs" doesn't seem a good answer for this line of questioning.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"Not to waste time."

L
M
A
O

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I hope Opening Arguments does an episode on just how bad a job the lawyer is doing.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The most words Daria has strung together this whole time has been about Howard Stern and this Beetlejuice meme.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Implying that the Bettlejuice meme is racist-- what?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Howard Stern question out of nowhere and then she's talking unprompted about people projecting racism? What does that have to do with anything?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
LIBERALS ARE THE REAL RACISTS is just a reflex action for people like this, like a squid spraying ink and swimming away.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She forgot which practised answer she was supposed to be in.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SamDabbers posted:

Howard Stern question out of nowhere and then she's talking unprompted about people projecting racism? What does that have to do with anything?

Then they're off it immediately. What the gently caress was that line of questioning? I feel like you could object to the relevance to half this questioning but Mark knows to pick his moments.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I can't follow whatever the defense is trying to argue, if anything. Is "non-sequitur" a legal strategy?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552726694464741376?s=21&t=NS_FUqDcPI5MLX7qx5L2kg

They really are trying to eat the cake and keep it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:siren:Jones is back:siren:

I'm sure that tree painting missed his stare

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SamDabbers posted:

I can't follow whatever the defense is trying to argue, if anything. Is "non-sequitur" a legal strategy?

that lawyer saw the south park episode about the chewbacca defense

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

SamDabbers posted:

Yeah. Alex is already guilty so there's no question there, and Mark showed a video of him in 2021 showing zero remorse which is a strong argument toward dropping a giant penalty. The defense's only chance here is to try to pill the jury and/or confuse them so much they can't come to a decision.

In my expert legal opinion, as a non-lawyer

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hillary :argh:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Was Daria born in Russia, then moved to NYC when she was young? Or is she US-born?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Hillary Clinton made me claim that Sandy Hook was a hoax, your honor

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Digital Jedi posted:

:siren:Jones is back:siren:

I'm sure that tree painting missed his stare
He wants to watch Daria defend him lol

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MrMojok posted:

Was Daria born in Russia, then moved to NYC when she was young? Or is she US-born?

The former, she said she was born in St. Petersburg. And she lived there long enough she has a bit of an accent at times so I'd guess moved somewhere elementary school age.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The vile Megan Kelly tricked me into saying Sandy Hook was a hoax, your honor

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SamDabbers posted:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I doubt "Alex is completely uncontrollable. He does what he wants to do" is what the defense wants people to take from this.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Jury pls see my recorded father's day statement, notice how apologetic I am, and acquit.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Defense strategy seems to be "I hope the Jury forgets about that video from 2021 where Alex doubled down on all the crazy poo poo"

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

LOL the Honor Network's job is "to combat free speech online"? Gut hosed, Daria.

Edit: now she's plugging the pills!

El Fideo fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 28, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lol 90% of platforms ‘cancelled’ Alex Jones, therefore he is innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Is it just going to be the defence for the rest of day?