Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah it kinda breaks my heart Cosmos is gonna be such a pain in the rear end to find because I am just not into toy hunting anymore. I got pulse prime mainly to make sure I got what I wanted from Velocitron and ended up missing the brief window where he was in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Triple-Kan posted:

Yeah it kinda breaks my heart Cosmos is gonna be such a pain in the rear end to find because I am just not into toy hunting anymore. I got pulse prime mainly to make sure I got what I wanted from Velocitron and ended up missing the brief window where he was in stock.

Yeah, I want one and now I'm not even sure how to get one. Is it getting a regular store release?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I assume the Velocitron line will be in stores. If they’re even half as plentiful as the Kingdom beast repaints they shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Velocitron line is a Walmart exclusive, consistently one of the worst retailers when it comes to their exclusive distribution.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Right, so are the Kingdom/Legacy beast repaints and I can’t go into a Walmart toy aisle without seeing pegs full of them. Hopefully Velocitron shows up like that (but sells better)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Saw Red Cog at Target and man I want him but 30+ dollars for a Deluxe is just ridiculous

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
As usual with the Walmart stuff there's an initial rush and then once the relatively small number of people who want the obscure thing get it, the rest of them shelfwarm for some time. I'm not worried about finding Cosmos.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Found Terrorsaur at Target tonight and I love him... except his wings are prone to falling off. They are held on the way wheels are with the two prongs clipping into a circle. Does anyone know a nice option to ensure they dont fall off?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

Right, so are the Kingdom/Legacy beast repaints and I can’t go into a Walmart toy aisle without seeing pegs full of them. Hopefully Velocitron shows up like that (but sells better)

Because those are Beast Wars repaints, not cool flying saucers, man. Flying saucers do not shelfwarm.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I have never seen an exclusive Transformer at any of the three Walmarts near me since the Beast Machines Dinobots. But then, I rarely see any Transformers there, period. It's almost always completely barren.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Every transformation of the original series.

It was surprising to me how much they followed the toy transformations towards the beginning, especially when I think the later seasons may have had higher budgets despite fudging the transformations more. Partsforming is where they really go crazy, although earlier on, you have things like Ratchet transforming and just leaving his separate base mode turret on the ground. Galvatron's transformation is bizarrely inconsistent when you consider they could just take his arm cannon and move it to be his turret cannon, but every time it flies off and he has to grow a new one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God drat that trailer cheat on #194 is funny.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Moai Ou posted:

I have never seen an exclusive Transformer at any of the three Walmarts near me since the Beast Machines Dinobots. But then, I rarely see any Transformers there, period. It's almost always completely barren.

I think a large part of this has to do with where one lives and population and store densities. I live in Chicago, and we have very few Walmarts in the city, one used to have to travel to the suburbs to attempt Walmart Shopping until ten years or so ago. Even back then. Everyone from Chicago knows what they have to leave the city or go to Indiana for (like firearms, a disproportionate amount of our crime guns come from Indiana, which is like an hour's drive east. Some other nearby states with a longer drive, too. My point here is only that things are not tuned properly. All the ways people try to evade taxes here mean that the taxes get worse because people are evading them, especially large corporations and their property taxes.)

But anyway with so many Goddamn people here, things tend to either fly off the shelves or shelfwarm because whoever is in charge of buying stuff for Target and Walmart, etc. don't seem to know the magic number to order and don't seem keen on figuring it out. Even when we had Toys R Us, finding Transformers in-stock before the scalpers got them was a huge chore.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Every transformation of the original series.

It was surprising to me how much they followed the toy transformations towards the beginning, especially when I think the later seasons may have had higher budgets despite fudging the transformations more. Partsforming is where they really go crazy, although earlier on, you have things like Ratchet transforming and just leaving his separate base mode turret on the ground. Galvatron's transformation is bizarrely inconsistent when you consider they could just take his arm cannon and move it to be his turret cannon, but every time it flies off and he has to grow a new one.

The Closed Captioning is loving hilarious:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I see they've adopted the Roberts spelling

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
My Diaclone Twin Twist appears to have shipped (UK here). So that's nice.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

How do you folks go about selling off portions of your collections? I need to release a bunch of bots that I no longer care for. Everything's generally MIP, but I don't really know where the best places to sell are.

I could create an ebay account but as a new seller without trust, I'm not sure how quickly things would go.

So, fellow collecting goons, I ask, wtf should I do?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm using mercari, its pretty simple. Their fees aren't awesome, but so it goes.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

How do you folks go about selling off portions of your collections? I need to release a bunch of bots that I no longer care for. Everything's generally MIP, but I don't really know where the best places to sell are.

I could create an ebay account but as a new seller without trust, I'm not sure how quickly things would go.

I actually got my ebay account to have any trust at all by selling smaller collectible items like Transformers. If you don't have low cost/risk items you want to sell it might not be best though. Also, I haven't used it in quite a while but I recall there being some complaints about ebay in the last year or two. I think revolving around how you need a bank account attached directly or the like.

I have not tried the other platforms myself but I too and reaching the point I need to let some stuff go so report back if you have any experienced to share after you get started.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Post a list here?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm using mercari, its pretty simple. Their fees aren't awesome, but so it goes.

Right, mercari. I remember Rhyno saying decent things about the platform. Guess that's where I'll start.

DisposableHero posted:

I have not tried the other platforms myself but I too and reaching the point I need to let some stuff go so report back if you have any experienced to share after you get started.

Will do!

Arquinsiel posted:

Post a list here?

And I will likely do so as well. Most of my collection is based around my own nostalgia, though. Guess we'll see what the thread thinks. I'm off with a headcold ('vid free since 83!) and have little going on. Might strike while the iron is hot.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TR Legends-class Brawn just arrived at my door! It's a really nice design, I like it a lot. Buuuut...

Yeah I think this one isn't entirely genuine, just like that Sixgun. It just feels off. The plastic is slightly rougher, there's little bits and pieces that aren't as clean as they should be like the tab that holds his legs together. And his shoulders are shockingly floppy.

Like, first thing I did was try to recreate that one scene from the cartoon where he steals Megatron's gun, and this is the best I could do. Ok, it's a big accessory, but surely he should be able to point it forwards. It's not an issue of balance, his shoulders are just hopeless.

E: also his back wheels really don't want to roll. They're a bit loose and wobbly in their holes and tend to tilt and get stuck.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 28, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm up nearly $20k just on Mercari. Fees suck but it's hands down the easiest platform to sell on.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

one big dump of bots for sale

I've been looking at ebay for base prices, but I'm happy to offload to goons for a decent price. I live in the frigid north so that may be a barrier, but feel free to PM me if anything interests, and I'll entertain most offers. Lord knows the gaps are going to be filled with new stuff.

Deffo gonna try and get aftermarket markup on twintwist there, holy lol it goes for 200 on the 'bay.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

one big dump of bots for sale

I've been looking at ebay for base prices, but I'm happy to offload to goons for a decent price. I live in the frigid north so that may be a barrier, but feel free to PM me if anything interests, and I'll entertain most offers. Lord knows the gaps are going to be filled with new stuff.

Deffo gonna try and get aftermarket markup on twintwist there, holy lol it goes for 200 on the 'bay.

Twin twist and Misfire both go for a goddamn fortune on ebay.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Twin twist and Misfire both go for a goddamn fortune on ebay.

Holy smokes, you weren't kidding.

I'm honestly not even in it for the money (though I will get it where I can, mom didn't raise a fool). I just want to release some of this stuff, and "banking" on an "investment" of plastic seems unwise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Actually having said that was the best I could do, I went back and checked and he used both hands in the show and that does help

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 28, 2022

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That Brawn is great. He was on my desk at work for years.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And yeah the aftermarket price on Twin Twist is, basically, loving ludicrous. How did that happen?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

And yeah the aftermarket price on Twin Twist is, basically, loving ludicrous. How did that happen?

Same as Runabout I guess, just made less of one of the variants.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They shortpacked him in a late wave. They just didn't manufacture enough and they never reissued him either.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, he was one of the late wave guys that just never appeared in some places.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wasn’t he a Walgreens exclusive?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Nope

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I never saw either one of those two and that was when I still cared about finding these guys

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Runabout was Target exclusive in the US, but Twin Twist was just hard to find. Late Titan Masters and PotP waves were a beast to track down.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I can't remember him being notably difficult to find, but we may have done a group pre-order and just eaten the customs and import fees.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That Transmetal Megatron arrived and it included a pair of white gloves for handling it. And no instruction manual, just a QR code to access an online one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Five years ago I was in La at the Peterson Auto Museum and they had a couple Twin Twists. He hadn't exploded in price yet but even then he was going for double retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Five years ago I was in La at the Peterson Auto Museum and they had a couple Twin Twists. He hadn't exploded in price yet but even then he was going for double retail.

That's down the street from me, and actually where I ended up picking up Windblade, because I never found it anywhere else and eventually even the Petersen's inflated price was lower than eBay's.