Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

I remember when Ribery and Benzema and Berlusconi all had sex with the same underage prostitute and no one seemed to really care that much for some reason and then she became a celebrity in Italy?

She was underage to be a prostitute but over the age of consent and seemingly they were all able to prove they never gave her money for sex so hadn't broken the law

I didn't remember berlusconi being involved but it's probably less distressing than ribery still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I think berlusconi was a different underage prostitute from the Ribery/Benzema one. Ruby 'the heart stealer' or something like that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

HappyCamperGL posted:

I think berlusconi was a different underage prostitute from the Ribery/Benzema one. Ruby 'the heart stealer' or something like that.

I think the footballer link with her was that it came out in the trial that she was allegedly involved with a bunch of the Milan players at the time. Ruby “Rubacuori”, yeah.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I remember when Ribery and Benzema and Berlusconi all had sex with the same underage prostitute and no one seemed to really care that much for some reason and then she became a celebrity in Italy?

From what I remember, this was not as big of a scandal as you might have expected because France's age of consent and prostitution laws allow for a lot of sleaziness.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

From what I remember, this was not as big of a scandal as you might have expected because France's age of consent and prostitution laws allow for a lot of sleaziness.

Quelle surprise

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Bea Nanner posted:

the iceland press called him out by name, but the british press never did iirc

We quite rightly consider him innocent until proven Gylfi.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Blatter and Platini acquitted.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining the courtroom scene in goodfellas with all the FIFA execs clapping and cheering

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

if the bull shits you must acquit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1547214635987771393

Yeah OK. :staredog:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Not great!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My guess is Arsenal are waiting for Partey to be charged before suspending him. In the meantime I doubt he’ll play tbh.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is it illegal to identify clubs now too?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm sure the club went and got one of those fancy super injunctions as soon as they found out their player was arrested.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

greazeball posted:

Is it illegal to identify clubs now too?

i think it's against UK law. There's still no official mention of Sigurdsson and Everton, and Mendy wasn't named until he was charged

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What’s stopping a media outlet not in the UK from posting it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Didn't an MP once use "Parliamentary Privilege" to get around one of these injunctions during the weekly Prime Minister's Q&A session, or something like that?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Naming Ryan Giggs yeah

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I think it was in regards of Giggs having an affair with his brother's wife

And the guy who did it caught poo poo from all sides, since the point is that you can't be sued for something that you say in Parliament in order to protect your rights in a democracy, not that it's free reign for you to shout troop movements or your favourite celebrity gossip. Non-zero chance that them doing it now could prejudice a police investigation and force them to drop it.

that plus someone would probably name the 3 (three) MPs currently being investigated for rape

:decorum:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

My guess is Arsenal are waiting for Partey to be charged before suspending him. In the meantime I doubt he’ll play tbh.

He's in the pre-season squad that traveled to the USA

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vinestalk posted:

He's in the pre-season squad that traveled to the USA
I don’t think they’ve featured him in any photos. Think they won’t play him

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How do you even get a visa to enter the USA with that hanging over you?

https://twitter.com/IbkSports/status/1547617973073899524?t=f_pq7DBUIfbZ30sHUtR7gg&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Seen worse penalties than that second one tbf

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I like how the players are obviously pissed off about having to sandbag so they make it super obvious.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Partey is starting for Arsenal in a friendly today.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As a Partey update, looks like the other party has decided to throw her accusations on twitter today: https://twitter.com/deffonotchaur/status/1552730396399468546

There's another post with a video showing it as Partey's account (has a video of him in the profile) so not a great look for the lad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The replies to that tweet sure are something, fucks sake.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's ok Mad Jens is here to run interference: https://m.bild.de/bild-plus/regiona...bildMobile.html

It's weird Partey's whatsapp pic is his club photo.

Bacon Terrorist fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 28, 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

The replies to that tweet sure are something, fucks sake.
never read the comments, but absolutely never read the comments on stuff like this

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

big lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

As a Partey update, looks like the other party has decided to throw her accusations on twitter today: https://twitter.com/deffonotchaur/status/1552730396399468546

There's another post with a video showing it as Partey's account (has a video of him in the profile) so not a great look for the lad.
It’s really fuckin bullshit that Arsenal is still playing him like nothing happened. They did nothing when they got the report way back and they’re still doing nothing even when this is out in the public eye.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s dumb but people really do take their cues from the club on these things as well. When the allegations came out, most of the Arsenal subreddit was pretty sure they were legit and would have probably have accepted the club not playing him.

Now that the club is fully integrating him into preseasons and friendlies there’s now a much stronger momentum on the whole “innocent until proven guilty” spin. It’s rare to see anything negative about Partey posted anymore.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vegetable posted:

It’s really fuckin bullshit that Arsenal is still playing him like nothing happened. They did nothing when they got the report way back and they’re still doing nothing even when this is out in the public eye.

Going full Ronaldo.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Probably a private settlement and an NDA.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Probably a private settlement and an NDA.

She’s posted a ton more stuff on her Twitter and apparently he already paid her and she may have returned it. She also posted an email from Partey’s lawyer threatening to sue her. It all looks very legit and his goose is very much cooked.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

jesus WEP posted:

never read the comments, but absolutely never read the comments on stuff like this

Yeah, ugh, I feel like a worse person for having read that stuff. People are dreadful. Especially, it turns out, Nigerian cryptotraders on twitter.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

massive oval office

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

She’s posted a ton more stuff on her Twitter and apparently he already paid her and she may have returned it. She also posted an email from Partey’s lawyer threatening to sue her. It all looks very legit and his goose is very much cooked.

Apparently it was her own lawyer telling her she could be sued if she returned the money

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

His goose is cooked how though? This is the problem, if there are no official steps taken against him legally then can he argue he hasn't breached his contract? So Arsenal don't play him but have to pay him, then presumably sell him to a club in a country that doesn't care. Not much punishment for what he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The cops are still investigating the two earlier rapes he did, by the way. They’ve just decided already not to charge him on this one because this happened overseas and their lack of jurisdiction was clear.