Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

gently caress yeah more Yakuza

Does it matter what Yakuza you start on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jelly posted:

Not really, except for like..5 and 6 you could just jump in wherever and have a good time. 7/LAD is totally separate from the rest of them other than "The Tojo Clan/Kiryu exists"

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Jelly posted:

Zero and then the kiwamis.

Or Like a Dragon. It's a new protagonist. RPGs instead of brawler, but it keeps the weird charm.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Lawn Mowing Simulator is up on Epic.

Next week is Unrailed!

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/SkyhookGames/status/1552698207561555969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I mean, I wasn't actually going to play it, just wanted to start it once.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Jelly posted:

0, or 7 are the best games to start on, and 4 is also an ok starting point. Even being a remake, Kiwami still shows its age a little bit, but is still good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I played zero with no prior knowledge of the series and loved the poo poo out of it. Then tried kiwami 1 and 2 neither of which stuck, and got like halfway through lad. Might try out 4 then, i want more kiryu.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

zharmad posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyhookGames/status/1552698207561555969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I mean, I wasn't actually going to play it, just wanted to start it once.
Have you used the primer? Checked the choke?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Put it in neutral and THEN pull the rip cord.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Son of Rodney posted:

I played zero with no prior knowledge of the series and loved the poo poo out of it. Then tried kiwami 1 and 2 neither of which stuck, and got like halfway through lad. Might try out 4 then, i want more kiryu.

I bounced hard off of Kiwami after finishing zero, but going back a year later I found I absolutely ate it up and devoured Kiwami 2 immediately afterward.

It shows its age more than anything, but 3 is a phenomenal Kiryu story, I say go there if you don't want to give Kiwami another shot.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I always wanted to get into Yakuza but I bounced off the fighting mechanics hard, then LaD came out and it loving ruled. The only thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't unfuck my hair, like cmon man, Ichi doesn't deserve that much disrespect!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SnakesRevenge posted:

I bounced hard off of Kiwami after finishing zero, but going back a year later I found I absolutely ate it up and devoured Kiwami 2 immediately afterward.

It shows its age more than anything, but 3 is a phenomenal Kiryu story, I say go there if you don't want to give Kiwami another shot.
Yeah, also to add, I was able to go from 0->1->2->3 over the course of a few years, but then I hit 4 and kinda got a bit Yakuza-ed out because that changes to multiple protagonists and the pacing couldn't really keep me.
I try to go for 100% side missions besides maybe the gambling stuff, so trying to finish the first guy's story completely before having to jump to the next just tired me out.

You feel that exhaustion a bit because you're mostly running through the same city district in every game (yes, they do add some other areas from game to game). Going from the remake of 2 to the port of 3 is also really rough since it's going from a polished late-PS4 game to an early-PS3 game essentially.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
There's so much in 5 that it is at times the worst game of the series and at other times a real memorable experience. There's just way too much. I start thinking of scenes from Yakuza games and what feels like adventures in Yakuza 3 and 4 and 5 actually are all just different parts of 5 I'm remembering.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

credburn posted:

There's so much in 5 that it is at times the worst game of the series and at other times a real memorable experience. There's just way too much. I start thinking of scenes from Yakuza games and what feels like adventures in Yakuza 3 and 4 and 5 actually are all just different parts of 5 I'm remembering.

I'm in the later half of 5 now, and it's borderline comical the amount of times I've said to myself, "Are they seriously going to toss me into ANOTHER weird minigame, only to spend hours playing that minigame obsessively because I'm having such a blast with it.

That being said, gently caress leveling chickens

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

SnakesRevenge posted:

Maybe that was the issue, I tried playing them quite quickly after finishing 0. I'll try em again and if it doesn't work again go with 3, thanks!

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Republique free on Steam. Also the VR version is free on Oculus store so I hear.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/317100/Republique/

Not sure if it's temporary or permanent.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/1794123900713107/

It's free so far

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JammyB posted:

Republique free on Steam. Also the VR version is free on Oculus store so I hear.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/317100/Republique/

Not sure if it's temporary or permanent.

nice i had this on my wish list for when i was feeling a stealth itch. grabbing it also gives you the vr version btw

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New batch of Prime Gaming poo poo

Starcraft Remastered (Battle.net)
Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises (Legacy Games)
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Beasts of Maravilla Island
Recompile
ScourgeBringer

The Kins fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 1, 2022

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Zak McKracken is an awesome freebie. I think of it whenever I see a loaf of French bread. Pretty sick theme song for the PC speaker too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pViljsxtcA

Plus I don’t think the developers at Lucasarts sexually harassed anyone till they killed themselves, unlike another publisher on that list. So that’s good.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

What’s with Legacy Games? Who do they think they are having their own store/launcher? Are their games any good? I skipped the ones from last month.

It’s like I have too many drawers full of free games now, I don’t need any more drawers full of them.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Kins posted:

Starcraft Remastered (Battle.net)
How does that work? I mean, what do you have to do to install and launch the game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Generally when Amazon offers a free game on another launcher, it's either a code or an account link.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

VegasGoat posted:

What’s with Legacy Games? Who do they think they are having their own store/launcher? Are their games any good? I skipped the ones from last month.

It’s like I have too many drawers full of free games now, I don’t need any more drawers full of them.

Pretty sure like Big Fish they're one of those "come play our 10,000 hidden object/bejeweled clone/etc." casual game strongholds.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/699920

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lol the machine to the right of the hamster wheel.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Unrailed is up on Epic

Cook Serve Delicious 3 next week

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

repiv posted:

OK this one is legit great, don't sleep on it

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

webmeister posted:

OK this one is legit great, don't sleep on it

Seconding this. Also it always makes me think of Ryan Davis and that makes me kinda sad but happy. :)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

repiv posted:

Unrailed is up on Epic

It's a great game, but I do miss the themed restaurant career mode of CSD2. CSD3 just has a bazillion generic nodes on a map with different menu restrictions that you have to fill manually. I'm just not that creative to say "okay, today is Mexican food" and fill it specifically with that when I can just add a bunch of easy sliced meats.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Bump for Cook Serve Delicious 3 on Epic.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

JammyB posted:

Bump for Cook Serve Delicious 3 on Epic.

Would have forgotten, thanks!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Next week, a free DLC for a F2P game you likely arent playing.
A $2.99 value.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
It's definitely a new low.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean, you're likely not playing rumbleverse because it just launched today. people were really into it in the beta at least so i'd rank it as a better thing than the dlc for the idle game they had a few weeks back

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Rumbleverse will absolutely be dead in a month

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

kirbysuperstar posted:

Rumbleverse will absolutely be dead in a month

This is one of the reasons why I've lost interest in MP games. Can't enjoy them without other people, other people inevitably lose interest thus I can't have any more fun.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

one of the reasons I don't like MP games

it takes me several months/years before I play a game and by then the chaff has moved on

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Once a year or so, I join a multiplayer game, am immediately called a queerphobic slur, and log out.

I miss TF2, Ultima Online, Freelancer...

About the only community I'm still active in is Myst Online, and it's largely because since there's no combat, the only thing to do is solve puzzles, help people, and socialize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Wait, you don't remember getting called queerphobic slurs in TF2 and UO???