Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Plaintiffs' counsel are high quality attorneys.

They also are actively and self-admittedly out for blood at this point. It's a nasty combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Holy poo poo this clip is soooo baaaaad gently caress

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope they put Jones on the stand. I loving hope so bad they put him on the stand.

God it would be amazing but I can't imagine he will be.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They've also said that Alex has already more than covered any fees the lawyers have through sanctions to get to this point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

teen witch posted:

Iirc the plaintiff’s counsel is doing this pro bono

Are you sure it's not on contingency? Either way, the Heslins have been awarded a shitton of attorneys' fees already that have more than compensated plaintiffs' counsel and put a good chunk in their pocket, too.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope they put Jones on the stand. I loving hope so bad they put him on the stand.

It's probably not a great idea to have him gishgallop with the defense lawyers

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you sure it's not on contingency? Either way, the Heslins have been awarded a shitton of attorneys' fees already that have more than compensated plaintiffs' counsel and put a good chunk in their pocket, too.

Its completely pro bono, the firm that employs Bill and Mark Bankston basically are funding the case to stop Alex.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm not on the livestream but can someone tell me in brief what happened to do because it sounds like its loving hilarious.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here’s a preview

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lol at this guy.

“We test it on ourselves.”

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

"because infoWARs is infoMERCIAL, right?"

oooooooh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"InfoWars is an InfoMercial"

beaten but lol

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"Right, because InfoWars is an Infomercial."

Edit:

AAAAAAAAH

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Was it zerohedge or getfiscal that was a goon?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
drat this guy keeps saying sometimes and perhaps really smug like he's looking way better than he does?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

HEY YALL ITCHA BOI ALEX J HERE AT THE COURTHOUSE AND NGL THIS IS SOME BOLL SHIET, THEY GOT ME FUCKIN UP IN HERE SMH, SMAAAAASH THAT LIKE AND FOLLOW FOR MORE PEACE

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Defense attorney seems to have another rolling objection. With Daria it was that she shouldn't be answering questions as a corporate rep, right? Is there a new one for Owen? Does Defense even have any idea what is going on?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So Mark Bankston the previous lawyer has been interviewed on the Knowledge Fight podcast a bunch of times and he said that he's the Nice one of these two and yeah its so clear Bill's brutal grilling Owen.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Azuth0667 posted:

Was it zerohedge or getfiscal that was a goon?

I'm not a huge Infowars person, but Getfiscal is definitely a goon I remember seeing around the forums

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Oh this is Bill? Hard to recognize voices with how bad the sound is. get im

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Also hard to recognize him without a handful of gummy worms in his mouth

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Didn't think I'd be watching a murder today.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lmao holy poo poo they just keep queuing these guys up

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

Also hard to recognize him without a handful of gummy worms in his mouth

That might be one of my favourite things to have learned from all of this.

If I ever get deposed, I'm bringing snacks for sure.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bill Ogden technically, probably killed a guy

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

That might be one of my favourite things to have learned from all of this.

If I ever get deposed, I'm bringing snacks for sure.

I am making a pilgrimidge to Buc-ces when it opens in Colorado to get a bunch of bags of gummy worms for the wonks

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

I'm done work and have a half-hour drive home. I'm definitely using my data to stream this in the car to listen to today.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I think he said Albanese is his brand in the reddit AMA

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

“When do we we begin the result of what?”

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

I think he said Albanese is his brand in the reddit AMA

albanese are imo the best gummy brand yeah. knew someone for a few years who loved them so i got him a 5lb bag of gummy bears from them every christmas

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Apparently we've moved on the point where "I'm sorry for your loss" is actually an apology.;

That seemed to legitimately dumbfound the defense.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Attempting to explain the concept of an apology to an InfoWars employee

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol he doesn't know the difference between an apology for being at fault for something and the shorthand "i'm sorry" as in apologizing for being a part of the struggle of human condition

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Elderbean posted:

“When do we we begin the result of what?”

Owen seems to be confused about the concepts of causality and apologies

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Hungry Computer posted:

Owen seems to be confused about the concepts of causality and apologies

I mean what is reality really? Aren't you, in fact, just a figment of my imagination?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This is just rope a dope at this point. Holy poo poo

Owen more like Owned-n

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if libertarians are this confused about words no wonder they think they are magical incantations that let you cast spells on law enforcement

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so the lawyer speaking now is Kyle Farrar, not gummy worm man. Absolutely terrifying.

Also these are “personal injury” lawyers?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The preparation on the part of the plaintiff's attorneys is fantastic. That dude had a powerpoint list of Owen's dumbfuck assumptions ready to go.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Infowars knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

These plaintiff's lawyers are worth every penny, drat they chose a good team