Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It is with such deep, deep satisfaction that I watch Owen twist on the stand and get dismantled before inevitably going to jail for breaking his parole (in another trial).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The Defense wanted to make it clear that Info Wars knew Fetzer was insane for a year longer than the Plaintiffs were arguing.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ryde posted:

I mean what is reality really? Aren't you, in fact, just a figment of my imagination?

Imaginary people aren’t real, and therefore if everyone is not real, nobody can actually die, and Alex Jones was right in that it’s all a false flag. QED. :smug:

*slams back a can of Hormel chili*

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Lol the defense lawyer pointing out that they knew 1.5 years before not 6 months. Lmao

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552765504095367168?s=21

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Plaintiff: "Infowars knew for 6 months that Fetzer was batshit crazy"

Defense: "Objection, they actually knew for 18 months."

Top. Minds.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It is with such deep, deep satisfaction that I watch Owen twist on the stand and get dismantled before inevitably going to jail for breaking his parole (in another trial).

Why is he going to jail?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Owen just radiates the energy of someone who thinks they’re a philosopher but is boldly dumb as gently caress.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm starting to think these Infowars hosts don't actually put much effort into the Info part of their network.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Let's see how patriots.win is throwing their weight behind Alex Jones:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Scam Likely posted:

I'm starting to think these Infowars hosts don't actually put much effort into the Info part of their network.

read a headline. make poo poo up about it that supports your narrative. that's the job.

also usually the headlines are from themselves.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hollismason posted:

Why is he going to jail?

January 6th iirc

Edit: January 6th is where he might have violated parole. He entered into a plea deal for disrupting a House hearing in 2019

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/infowars-host-charged-with-federal-crimes-after-claiming-hed-save-the-republic-from-fraudulent-election-during-u-s-capitol-siege/ posted:

The January 6, 2021 siege was not the first time Shroyer engaged in alleged illegal conduct around the Capitol. On December 9, 2019, he disrupted a House Judiciary Committee hearing by “jump[ing] up from his seat and shout[ing] in a loud manner . . . caus[ing] the Chairman to hit the gavel and request that order be restored,” the court documents noted.

Officers took Shroyer from the room and arrested him. He entered into a Community Service Deferred Prosecution Agreement which required him not to parade, demonstrate, or picket within the Capitol buildings. The deal also required him not to engage in other threatening or abusive conduct around the facility.

According to federal court papers, that agreement remained in effect on January 6, 2021. And Shroyer allegedly “had not completed, nor reported the completion of, any of the 32 hours of community service as required” as of the date of the Jan. 6 siege.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 28, 2022

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the ron burgundy defense

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

To whoever asked before, Shroyer jumped up and bellowed something during a House Comittee meeting like three years ago. He was hauled out and arrested for disturbing the proceeding and part of his parole was not "parading, picketing, etc." around the Capitol.

Then, he entered the Capitol on 1/6.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

SamDabbers posted:

Lol the defense lawyer pointing out that they knew 1.5 years before not 6 months. Lmao
look that was so long ago how could anyone remember that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pandemic time is a flexible thing.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
He's all over the passive voice like flies on poo poo. And fuckoff saying that the trial is hurting the parents.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

ILL Machina posted:

look that was so long ago how could anyone remember that

When I have a big ol bowl of chili, I can't even remember what happened 15 minutes ago!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Watching the noose tighten in real time. Holy poo poo these lawyers are not playing games.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Chili of Forgetting

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

gently caress this slimy piece of poo poo lol. Trying to deflect the pain of what he did onto the victims for taking him to court.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lmao cutting stuff out of a clip isn’t “altering” it it’s just a new clip jfc

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Are we sure this is Bill? He's going pretty hard in a Bill-esque fasion but Jordan's tweets regularly called Mark by name and he's only called this guy "the lawyer"

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

MrMojok posted:

To whoever asked before, Shroyer jumped up and bellowed something during a House Comittee meeting like three years ago. He was hauled out and arrested for disturbing the proceeding and part of his parole was not "parading, picketing, etc." around the Capitol.

And to be clear, he would not have still been under the terms of that parole if he'd just completed his community service.

Tree Dude posted:

Are we sure this is Bill? He's going pretty hard in a Bill-esque fasion but Jordan's tweets regularly called Mark by name and he's only called this guy "the lawyer"

This guy is Kyle Farrar

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This is triggering severe flashbacks to 3rd grade me getting called out for scribbling some offensive graffiti on a school assignment before handing it in, cause I was a dumbass, and I kept up the "dur who knows HOW that got there???" defense for way too long because I'm an even bigger dumbass.

Somehow this grown man is using the same 3rd grade level defense.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Who is to say when an apology is an apology, who is to say when a clip is altered, we can not know these things

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Dude posted:

hes some dude named owen apparently

e: oh no i think owen is the guy on the stand

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

MrMojok posted:

I don't think he was in the Capitol itself on J6 but he filmed himself doing a whole lot of parading, drinking with J6ers, and burning BLM flags DC leading up to it.

Edit: oh yeah and he was too lazy to pick up trash in the park for a couple weekends lol

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Elderbean posted:

gently caress this slimy piece of poo poo lol. Trying to deflect the pain of what he did onto the victims for taking him to court.

If there's any justice in the world that will *not* play well with the jury.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

El Fideo posted:

And to be clear, he would not have still been under the terms of that parole if he'd just completed his community service.

LOL, okay, THAT I did not know, and that makes it even better!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tree Dude posted:

He is another guy named Kyle who hasn't been on the show. I assume Bill is the guy sitting in the middle seat right now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Capitol rioters are the dumbest people in a country full of the dumbest people

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He's going as hard as Bill though. Mark is def the nice one, lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Your honor the families of the dead children are actually the ones pushing the conspiracy theories, and them suing us and bringing them into court is actually them hitting themselves! :smug:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

teen witch posted:

Chili of Forgetting

Needs to be a magic card

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 28, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

Needs to be a magic card

Close ‘nuff

FYI be ready for the thread title to change if I’m feelin’ it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol did the guy in that clip admit his wife of 35 years divocred him because of brain poisoning?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

ILL Machina posted:

Needs to be a magic card

2U
Chili of Forgetting - Food
Flash
2-> sacrifice this artifact: you gain 3 life
When this artifact enters play, return all other cards played this turn to their original locations and untap all lands not used to cast this spell.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

lol did the guy in that clip admit his wife of 35 years divocred him because of brain poisoning?

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i heard a canine barking on the stream.

Must be because of all these dang dogwhistles am I right guys?