Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thank God Julio Rodriguez showed up in Seattle right as this guy skipped town lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Putting the cart before the hearse

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does crazy swelling really prevent being able to diagnose an ACL tear because it always seems like that’s almost binary in being able to determine right away.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1552676724193857537

Yes. From what I understand, it's harder to get images of swollen areas. My wife broke her hip a few years ago (a month before our wedding :v:), and it took like 3 weeks before the swelling was down enough for them to be able see a fracture in her femoral cap.

They can probably make a good guess depending on if/how he can put weight on the knee and at what angles causes more pain.

But also, IANAD.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

in that case they just need someone who can manage the team until the offseason before throwing a billion dollars at Sean Payton.

Also the open seas are no longer free

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1552637523557601285?s=21&t=K3tPq8EbJdeAr2kmNzILSg

"Sorry, being under oath doesn't apply to me because I was in international waters."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

N'Keal Harry posting

https://twitter.com/runbackdave/status/1552691551796699136

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bears surrounding their 2nd year QB with weapons!!!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of tipped passes for ints
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1552660785175961600?t=iM6r_pfQqEsmdymszh1EBQ&s=33

This... sounds familiar?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mmhmm

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1552686747372470278?s=20&t=Du8GR95UFCB693_itUpGOQ

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'd forgotten how much I loved my guy who gets wiped out, ends up on the cart terrified trying to steer it with no way to fix the problem, and then bails the second someone else shows up.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Some things you can always count on

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does crazy swelling really prevent being able to diagnose an ACL tear because it always seems like that’s almost binary in being able to determine right away.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1552676724193857537

Fluid makes it difficult to fully visualize the various structures, and makes it difficult to use contrast.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
It's also NFL teams being hesitant to put any information out there just in case something is wrong. If you have a full acl tear you can just grab the tibia and keep pulling it forward til the skin stops you. If it's an acl the trainers are already 99% certain.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/zaconthemic/status/1552678495175704579

That yell :stonk:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nope.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Shant be clicking that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sweet thursday posted:

I just heard Bucks center Ryan Jensen was hit by a golf cart while his teammates were huddled around him

He was being lazy and didn't want to play fotball like a man so he made up an excuse to play golf and then his buddy picked him up on the olf cart and they went garfing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

It was deleted. What did it say?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Shant be clicking that.

You can't really see anything happen, just a definite and short "that loving hurt" scream followed a few seconds later with him yelling "gently caress!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It was deleted. What did it say?

A video of Harry tipping a somewhat difficult catch on what was a pretty good throw absolutely perfectly to the defender behind him is what it was.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

They should see if Tretter wants to un-retire.

e: didn't he retire? maybe he's just unsigned still.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

They should see if Tretter wants to un-retire.

e: didn't he retire? maybe he's just unsigned still.

Free agent.

They have yet to say anything about the injury despite it being all day now so maybe they have reason to hope he escaped a season ender and might just need to sit out until September. Who knows.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp

https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1552765937102766080?t=tOkmJe-SqJaaA-T1sMQ9vg&s=19

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Gonna go ahead and count out Tom

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well never mind!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like how Brady doesn't give a poo poo and instead goes to tell the WR what he did wrong

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So is Tretter good and if so why he is still a FA in late July?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I like how Brady doesn't give a poo poo and instead goes to tell the WR what he did wrong

Yeah there was another video that I can’t find. He was really pissed. Don’t forget that before he announced he was coming back he called Jensen first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rumors of significant injury issues...or worries as I understand it. One of those guys who played every game but basically sat out every practice in order to do so apparently?

At least according to some SI article which is an organization I have no clue how much to trust anymore. But if that's the rumor plus him being pretty good when he's out there meaning he ought to be paid like he's really good...well I'd guess that's what's left him unsigned so far.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jensen made the Pro Bowl last year and is definitely one of the better centers but does anyone who actually knows o-line play (not me) know more specifically where he ranks above Replacement for the lack of a better term?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tretter didn't practice much while in Cleveland but was mostly fine going out on the field once a week. Minnesota was rumored to be linked to the Vikings for a while but never signed, likely on account of Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah being with the Browns at the same time that Tretter was there. That the Vikings won't move on from their dogshit center for him is probably telling.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jensen made the Pro Bowl last year and is definitely one of the better centers but does anyone who actually knows o-line play (not me) know more specifically where he ranks above Replacement for the lack of a better term?

E: top-10 imo. He's rock solid. Bigger problem is both of the guards are also injured, so pressure up the middle will be a problem.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 28, 2022

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

8th

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Yup, 8th

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's fine. Certainly in decline far as play goes but good enough and like others noted he can practice or play not both.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I assume you just made up 8 but it seems the consensus from PFF (whatever that math means) and rankings by places like Athlon have him just into the top third.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

E: top-10 imo. He's rock solid. Bigger problem is both of the guards are also injured, so pressure up the middle will be a problem.

well, fortunately pressure up the middle has never been Tom's weak spot

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shaq Mason is hurt?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
For any Chargers fan who wants to try and score one:

https://twitter.com/YetiOrKnot/status/1552771494358315013?t=n12bNTPPAeXAm3o7nLwOjQ&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Needs to come with a little knit bandage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's the NFLPA President(which is probably a pretty big strike on it's own for some teams) and making a big push for guaranteed contracts- which I imagine means he's got to put his money where his mouth is as a FA.

I'm half-suspicious the injury rumor stuff is bullshit, but if it isn't that's a pretty big confluence of things despite him being a good player.