Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
John Early on HH today, its a goodie

feedmyleg posted:

Sounds like you should subscribe to Man Dog Pod! He's talked about it a few times on there. I'm always thrown every time.

I started listening to this and am enjoying it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
John Early is a national treasure, just the best

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
He's really funny and I think had a perfect match of being adversarial to The Boys being rude

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

John Early on HH today, its a goodie

I started listening to this and am enjoying it a lot.

It's one of the only podcasts with a lot of casual conversation that I actually enjoy, and the balance of that and great improv is perfect. It's just so fun and light and nice sweet.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Good Handbook and yeah, Early had the perfect energy to offset the Boys' snark.

ALSO: I think I laugh at Hayes' Keeps ad every week, it's just the perfect level of goofy. "It tastes good! It seems safe. But it ain't Keeps."

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Dr Hairbrush Washington

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Think it's time that I start listening to more CBB. At least picking out episodes with my favorite guests....in anticipation of the live show on August 1st.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
CBB has been on a real hot-streak this year. Make sure to check out both of the ones with Gil Ozeri this year, if you haven't heard them yet. Last week's episode with Gabrus and Adam Pally was fantastic too.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Jokymi posted:

CBB has been on a real hot-streak this year. Make sure to check out both of the ones with Gil Ozeri this year, if you haven't heard them yet. Last week's episode with Gabrus and Adam Pally was fantastic too.

absolute Lisa Gilroy erasure - the best part of this year's best episode

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jokymi posted:

That first episode of the year is still my top episode in a year full of bangers so far.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

mennoknight posted:

absolute Lisa Gilroy erasure - the best part of this year's best episode
That's my bad! Every character she's done has been an absolute banger.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the first episode of the year definitely felt like the beginning of a new season. Great place to start.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah the first episode of the year definitely felt like the beginning of a new season. Great place to start.

But not Spider Season, which is over.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

JethroMcB posted:

But not Spider Season, which is over.

Seems like it just came and went, didn't it?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's months after the fact, but I just today finished up the most recent season of Neighborhood Listen and it was so good. Wish they did longer seasons.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Holy poo poo the kurt vile clip on todays HH owns.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

0konner posted:

Holy poo poo the kurt vile clip on todays HH owns.

Awesome.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tom Scharpling is doing a 24 hour live stream on twitch

https://twitch.tv/bestshow4life

Talking of Kurt Vile he's on now!

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 27, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"...nobody told me they'd be Hollywood assholes to me."

lol Gladwell comes up and Sean pounces

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 27, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pro version, me: haha, i get these klute references im so smart
also me: what the gently caress is chessman butter

e: wow special guest kevin's mom

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 28, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fez_machine posted:

Tom Scharpling is doing a 24 hour live stream on twitch

I turned this on around 1 or 2 Eastern today and miraculously it was just in time to catch special guest Jon Gabrus in the studio, cussin' up a storm and doing potty talk that Tom rolled with. He even drank a glass of Gabrus' special homemade cold brew (with coconut milk, Laird Hamilton's mushroom creamer and another ingredient that escapes me right now. As Tom began sipping it I 100% thought Gabrus was about to say "...and I put like 200mg of Delta-9 concentrate in this jug.")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
CBB Presents has a new Full Throttle! this week. Has Seth Morris ever made a Bob Ducca list that didn't deliver?

gently caress-THUGS

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Out running and started laughing because in the refrain of Annie's "Chewing Gum," the refrain has a recurring "Oh no" vocoder clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uutT2pMEPqk&t=120s

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Chessman Butter

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mlmp08 posted:

Out running and started laughing because in the refrain of Annie's "Chewing Gum," the refrain has a recurring "Oh no" vocoder clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uutT2pMEPqk&t=120s

Man that one Annie album rules.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The CBB World feed is running super late every day for all subscribers and not just me, right?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

CBB Presents has a new Full Throttle! this week. Has Seth Morris ever made a Bob Ducca list that didn't deliver?

gently caress-THUGS

I like Full Throttle even more than Affirmation Nation. It's so good, easily the best of the CBB Presents to me, which is saying something because they're all good.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

feedmyleg posted:

I like Full Throttle even more than Affirmation Nation. It's so good, easily the best of the CBB Presents to me, which is saying something because they're all good.

I really loved his Stitcher show The Seth Morris Radio Project and really wish it would have continued. He always puts out quality.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

EL BROMANCE posted:

The CBB World feed is running super late every day for all subscribers and not just me, right?

I haven't ever had to wait for them to show up...they're always there when they're supposed to be. I'm using Apple Podcasts. I think the CBB World website has a FAQ about it though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've had a few shows not showing up at midnight recently, though they're available by the time I wake up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

I really loved his Stitcher show The Seth Morris Radio Project and really wish it would have continued. He always puts out quality.

drat, this wasn't even my radar. Hopefully Stitcher's site is still broken enough that they let me access premium stuff despite not having had an account for a year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheWevel posted:

I haven't ever had to wait for them to show up...they're always there when they're supposed to be. I'm using Apple Podcasts. I think the CBB World website has a FAQ about it though.

Yeah, Apple Podcasts for me too.

JethroMcB posted:

I've had a few shows not showing up at midnight recently, though they're available by the time I wake up.

OK so not just me then, around midnight is my bed time so I like to check for a new episode to stick on and all week it's been empty but there in the morning. Maybe they've changed the release time to a later one, a shame but I'll survive.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

drat, this wasn't even my radar. Hopefully Stitcher's site is still broken enough that they let me access premium stuff despite not having had an account for a year.

it's part of the CBB World subscription now, unless there's a different Seth Morris Radio Project that I'm not aware of

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Just got back from the first CBB tour show. Very good. Feel like it would have been far better had I been a CBB (regular) listener....but I loved it regardless. I've heard 'Cake Boss' before....but a good bit of the canon I didn't get. Carl Tart doing 'The Chief' was the highlight. Tawny Newsome as 'Tierna'....the wellness lady made me bust out (audibly) a couple times. And then Casey Feigh doing 'Weed Seinfeld' ended up being much better than anticipated. I thought it would be a pretty limited joke....and that wasn't the case at all. That bit works.

Anywho....I came away with a much greater appreciation of all these people who I have been listening to for years. Being able to craft these characters, become them for the time being, and react on the fly to keep things flowing is seriously impressive.

Had a VERY unlikely happening at the show as well. I got to the show early and was sitting in my seat, when the couple with the tickets next to me show up. Guy was wearing the grey Flagrant Ones Pinchy Crabs shirt. Normally this wouldn't have been odd....had I not been wearing the exact same shirt. I didn't see another person with that shirt in the entire place.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Just got back from the first CBB tour show. Very good. Feel like it would have been far better had I been a CBB (regular) listener....but I loved it regardless. I've heard 'Cake Boss' before....but a good bit of the canon I didn't get. Carl Tart doing 'The Chief' was the highlight. Tawny Newsome as 'Tierna'....the wellness lady made me bust out (audibly) a couple times. And then Casey Feigh doing 'Weed Seinfeld' ended up being much better than anticipated. I thought it would be a pretty limited joke....and that wasn't the case at all. That bit works.

Anywho....I came away with a much greater appreciation of all these people who I have been listening to for years. Being able to craft these characters, become them for the time being, and react on the fly to keep things flowing is seriously impressive.

Had a VERY unlikely happening at the show as well. I got to the show early and was sitting in my seat, when the couple with the tickets next to me show up. Guy was wearing the grey Flagrant Ones Pinchy Crabs shirt. Normally this wouldn't have been odd....had I not been wearing the exact same shirt. I didn't see another person with that shirt in the entire place.

I got to high five Kulap, so that was a fun part of the night for me. It was a rad show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not being a regular CBB listener anymore is what kept me from snagging tickets, so I'm glad to hear I made the right call for myself there. That and none of my friends listen anymore so I'd be going alone.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Just got an email from CBBW. Created a new feed for the live shows. Sounds like they are going to be uploading them the day after....which is pretty drat cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The ten minute long intro on the latest Pro Version really got me.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Big Grande just started a new Teachers Lounge season on their website!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Guess I’m going to have to get another month of CBBW.