Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

ShimaTetsuo posted:

I think this story is mostly interesting to existing fans who already own the game.

This is all one of my discord channels has been talking about for days now, and like, maybe two or three of the people there have actually played the game. People like weird secret poo poo, that's why the backrooms took off as a phenomenon, and it definitely got a ton of people there interested in the game who weren't before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
stranger than fiction blah blah

https://twitter.com/DeathtoCrogan/status/1552324076043022336?s=20&t=VLOYNdP99SikGFF3xwsp9Q

https://twitter.com/hulkenstein01/status/1552512944759443456?s=20&t=VLOYNdP99SikGFF3xwsp9Q

Whatever this ends up being, props to whoever for effectively getting people to do the themes of the game. A+

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
ya know what. I'll admit it. video games can be art

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

HenryEx posted:

ya know what. I'll admit it. video games can be art

:hmmyes:

often very dumb art, but art nonetheless

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
im in the "this is definitely weird viral marketing for [insert game here]" boat but also this is making me want to boot up my copy of Automata again and play it some more. drat you, :yokotaro:

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
He just posted again. I think we have entered the haunted phase of the story.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Eagerly awaiting Yoko Taro's upcoming career as a creepypasta author.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ShimaTetsuo posted:

He just posted again. I think we have entered the haunted phase of the story.

i'll take "drakengard 4 viral ad campaign" for $500

e: apparently this one was there but got deleted. it's just a zoomed in version of the first one though?
https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552836882152800257

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 29, 2022

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

alright I'm ready to say Nier 3 is gonna be announced

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what in the gently caress is happening anymore

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what in the gently caress is happening anymore

Yoko Taro is drinking a lot

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

All the massive Intoner hands reaching towards the Flower is sick as gently caress

I think I'm leaning less towards Modder and more towards this being something legit.

https://twitter.com/a_dude15/status/1552847614961262592?s=20&t=7yjI94adP4FkMuT0W6QrOw

Also :tinfoil:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

After what my fingers went through to get Ending D, they'd better be dead.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if a Nier 3 or a Drakengard 4 would be more likely at this point

Also, do we have any idea when the Automata anime is coming out yet?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Larryb posted:

Nier is more likely to get studio support but Drakengard can't be wholly ruled out.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

bold of you to assume they wouldnt be the same game

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
Now he's slowly typing out something in his reddit bio, one letter at a time. Up to "twi" by now.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Larryb posted:

I'd guess Nier since Automata was the one that sold gangbusters

Blaziken386 posted:

bold of you to assume they wouldnt be the same game

But I like the idea of this

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Much like how all this began with Caim, Angelus, and the Queen getting dropped into modern day Tokyo, Drakenier 4 will have the android gang getting dropped into Not!Spain.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

Much like how all this began with Caim, Angelus, and the Queen getting dropped into modern day Tokyo, Drakenier 4 will have the android gang getting dropped into Not!Spain.
im pretty sure the city that gets dropped into notspain is chicago

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Nierkengard: Replimata 4

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

While I would feel a little manipulated if this turned out to just be a marketing stunt, I want a drakengard 4 / nier 3 so much that I don’t mind being insulted a little if that’s what it takes to get it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ShimaTetsuo posted:

Now he's slowly typing out something in his reddit bio, one letter at a time. Up to "twi" by now.
now up to twitch.tv/ze34_

now it spells out twitch.tv/ze34_zinnia which is an actual channel, with this as its bio

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 29, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I swear there's been a ringing in my ears for a while now

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
At this point I would be disappointed if there wasn't some big announcement. Actually I would be even more disappointed if it turned out to be some bullshit like an announcement for some limited time prizes or something for the gacha Nier game.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552872482603839488
:thunk:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Drakengard 5 baby c'mon :yokotaro:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

now up to twitch.tv/ze34_

now it spells out twitch.tv/ze34_zinnia which is an actual channel, with this as its bio

lmao it's marketing for this dude's twitch channel

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

bio now says >三時間, so whatever is getting posted is happening 3 hours from now

...which sucks, because i have to be at work early, and I wanted to see it now, dammit.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
While I won’t rule out that this is a prank, I can’t help but hope this leads to at least some kind of announcement. Specifically a rerelease of Drakengard games.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

If it's a Rick Roll I would honestly kind of respect that

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i would but only if they recreate the last boss of drakengard 3 with accurate rings for the song

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

the fact that the bio has been updated to include "not official" and their latest post has a unique reddit filter tag on it now leads me to believe that this is just a "we figured out how to mod the game finally" post

...:sigh:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Nooo, 2B, A2 and Nines are living happily after I, the player, saved them and starring in another Yoko Taro game will only bring them misery

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Ehhh, it's looking like nothing official. I think? I don't know what to think any more.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1552897145161654272?s=20&t=2bYP-b6snBJVTzt_JDgXUg

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

Nooo, 2B, A2 and Nines are living happily after I, the player, saved them and starring in another Yoko Taro game will only bring them misery

Well, the actual concert version of the play said they were okay, and we know that either 2B or A2 was seen alive over 400 years after the ending. So, there's that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Can't wait for this to turn out to be a prank only for Taro Yoko to decide to announce his next project coincidentally at the same time just to screw with everyone.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Confirmed as a bit of fan made fun on the Twitch stream.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Team of three modders worked in secret, and will be releasing their mod tools open-source or whatever. Sadly no ghosts.

I had a feeling that the stuff in the church was too on-the-nose lore-heavy fanservicey to be real cut content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Cool saga, happy with the results!
I don't really want a close sequel to Automata anyway, so just having this fun adventure with the second gift of modding tools is pretty much the ideal outcome.