Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Looper posted:

i just finished the live a live remake and i'm pogging out here, it's such a fantastic touch up for this old gem

I’m still working through it but it’s so cool, I wish Octopath Traveler had just gone all in on its premise and just been this

Edit: hades was real real loving good, that’s my hot Hades take

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hades is good and also started the trend of whatever I put as my #2 on my GOTY list winning the thread vote for GOTY. First it was Hades, then Endwalker, and I'm pretty confident it's going to happen again this year unless something knocks Elden Ring further down my list from #2

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I thought Hades was bad and boring hahaha suck it hadesailures

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

No Dignity posted:

I didn't like it as much as most people but I thought the rogue-lite character building was some of the best in class. It was always very satisfying putting together a death machine that generated constant auto tracking laser towers, or drowned the enemy in poison fog, or left you with a quarter of your maximum health but insane melee damage that life sealed a quarter of it from a single melee combo.

actually thaht was the worst part and far behind its contemporaries such as risk of rain

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The way zagreus uses "mate" is v unnatural

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

The way zagreus uses "mate" is v unnatural

its extremely distracting lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He's greek

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Mate is short for malaka

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hades was fuckin good, sorry to the bad opinion havers

My new #1 roguelike is Rogue Legacy 2 though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i need to play rl2 thsi year thank you for reminding me

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wonder what cool poo poo the Hades guys will do next.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Rogue Legacy 2 is excellent. I have been enjoying it a lot more than 1 and 1 was good fun. I think it is a more confident game than the first - doing way more with way more.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

External Organs posted:

I wonder what cool poo poo the Hades guys will do next.

Based on my understanding of the game from fan art, be gay and do crimes so I guess hes the male lead for GTA VI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wuggles posted:

Hades was fuckin good, sorry to the bad opinion havers

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Looper posted:

i just finished the live a live remake and i'm pogging out here, it's such a fantastic touch up for this old gem

Yeah, we finished the live a live remake last night and it was incredible. I loved the moment at the very end where (full remake spoilers) You do a boss rush of everyone's Odios, but you're overleveled by a ton so you just absolutely stomp them. Then follow it up with everyone fighting against the true form of Odio. My wife and I were cheering when your main party gets incapacitated and your other three party members continue the fight for you, and also when Oerstead broke out of Odio prison to deliver the killing blow.

We selected Cube for our final chapter, and it was great when instead of any speeches or anything he just emitted some beep boops. And then when Oerstead asked what made us so good we just gave him some flowers. tbqh I was hoping we would have given him coffee at some point

There's so much that the remake does right that I'm glad we got it instead of some half assed port.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

i need to play rl2 thsi year thank you for reminding me

it's fine it's not as good as the top tier roguelikes, of which hades is not included.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
mfers be like "i love roguelikes" and neve rplayed rogue

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My impression was that Hades was pretty much universally beloved, but not itt I guess.

I haven't really played it since I'm pretty burned out on run based games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

mfers be like "i love roguelikes" and neve rplayed rogue

dcss is on my goty list this y ear

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DCSS owns

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i'm playing Caves of Qud because it whips turbo rear end

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

verbal enema posted:

i'm playing Caves of Qud because it whips turbo rear end

fuckin caves of CHUD

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

caves of qud owns

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

caves of qud owns

gently caress yeah it does

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

My impression was that Hades was pretty much universally beloved, but not itt I guess.

You should check out the GOTY thread of 2020 as to how Games in general feels about Hades.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I got past the guy + minotaur friend boss for the first time when I had covid and it was definitely the highlight of having covid.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fun Conversation Prompt:
What's a game every else loves but you REALLY REALLY love??

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Rogue Legacy 2 is excellent. I have been enjoying it a lot more than 1 and 1 was good fun. I think it is a more confident game than the first - doing way more with way more.

See, this is one that I ended up feeling is way overrated. Builds that got some kind of lift off from item synergies to do something cool and OP seemed really rare and were mostly minor variances on playing the core style of your class, and the extremely high stat scaling between areas really incentivised just grinding out your stats at home over loads of runs, I got to the third area and gave up because it seemed to be more a gold farming game than a boss run on most lives

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

VideoGames posted:

You should check out the GOTY thread of 2020 as to how Games in general feels about Hades.

(I voted for FF7 Remake though)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

(I voted for FF7 Remake though)

I voted for Noita :colbert:

Which reminds me that I should play some Noita.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fail choice that year. Almost as bad as ff14 winning it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

fridge corn posted:

I thought Hades was bad and boring hahaha suck it hadesailures

Toss this fool into Tartarus

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder if we're going to be able to do celebratory GOTY probes in peace this year or of there'll be a big QCS stink about it like the last, like, three or four times a lot of gimmick image probes were handed out.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

I wonder if we're going to be able to do celebratory GOTY probes in peace this year or of there'll be a big QCS stink about it like the last, like, three or four times a lot of gimmick image probes were handed out.

I sure hope so

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

goty 2022 is gonna be a heated debate between Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered and SaGa Frontier 2 Remastered

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Srice posted:

goty 2022 is gonna be a heated debate between Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered and SaGa Frontier 2 Remastered

Please don't encourage D&Dposting

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Srice posted:

Does the Minstrel Song remaster have a release date? I'm really excited for it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

actually thaht was the worst part and far behind its contemporaries such as risk of rain

Risk of Rain is top tier

I should replay the original

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fail choice that year. Almost as bad as ff14 winning it

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

threy right