Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its going to be a sweep for Square Enix with Tristrat, Live-A-Live and Stranger of Paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
satisfactory just looks like Minecraft with hella automated redstone homework and none of the fun parts of playing once you get the stuff from the autofarm.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its going to be a sweep for Square Enix with Tristrat, Live-A-Live and Stranger of Paradise

SA GOTY 2022 commemorative NFT

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If an HD-2D game ever wins GOTY stux will spontaneously combust

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, realistically, nothing else this year really has the singular heat to touch Elden Ring.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

If an HD-2D game ever wins GOTY stux will spontaneously combust

Picturing stux's old avatar with flames and smoke coming out of it

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, realistically, nothing else this year really has the singular heat to touch Elden Ring.

Yeah it's just so universally acclaimed. It's a tough contender to be sure

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm not sure what my GotY will be. Kirby, TMNT and Nirvana Initiative are all up there but I only finished NI. Maybe GAAA as well.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So anyone have tried Digimon Survive? All I've heard is that it's more VN than RPG, the PC version has a crash due to a video and the Switch version somehow runs badly in battles.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Eeeh, I loved a lot of my time with Elden Ring but it really was too freaking big, and it’s not like you can just cherry-pick not-chalice dungeons relevant to your build without being glued to a guide. Definitely a strong GOTY contender but I probably enjoyed Kirby about as much because it was just maybe 20 hours long to 100%

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my goty is crystal project, until i get a chance to play live-a-live, tunic or trails from zero

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So anyone have tried Digimon Survive? All I've heard is that it's more VN than RPG, the PC version has a crash due to a video and the Switch version somehow runs badly in battles.

It is 70/30 VN/RPG according to the devs. Switch version runs fine in VN mode (doesn't have the crashing issue PC does) but I'm just now on my first non-tutorial battle so I can't say much about that.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
elden ring came out too early in the year, everyone will have had time to pick it apart and think about the things that bugged them and forget about the 100 good hours they had with it

goty is going to be specifically playing goldlewis dickinson in guilty gear strive

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Goty is playing catch with my toddler, sorry gamerz

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
GOTY will the Dwarf Fortress steam release duh

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

verbal enema posted:

Oh hell, that is this year? I thought it wasn't until 2023.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

verbal enema posted:

i dont believe that it is real

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Zil posted:

Oh hell, that is this year? I thought it wasn't until 2023.

Inshallah this year

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will never forget Elden Ring.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

wuggles posted:

I'm going to replay Elden Ring towards the end of the year and that will probably help it overcome recency bias to maintain #1, but it's going to be fuckin hard to order the rest of the list.

maybe you'll actually beat the final boss instead of it bugging out on you lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

dhamster posted:

I released my fighting game today:

https://twitter.com/MegaKnockdown/status/1553033278751444993

Hilariously I also spilled water on my dev laptop, so I probably won't be able to patch anything until it gets back from the shop

From the Fighting Games thread, another goon-made game is out

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

maybe you'll actually beat the final boss instead of it bugging out on you lol

gamer shaming me here, in public for all to see

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I will never forget Elden Ring.

Elden Ring already forgot you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games I need to play:
Crystal project
Final Fantasy xiv
Live a live
Total warhammer 3
Elden ring again
Disco elysium again
Baldurs gate trilogy again
More Europa Universalis 4 anbennar

Someone please pay me to play video games for a living

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Someone please pay me to play video games for a living

This is what Twitch.TV is for.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Gonna be sweep thanks to Star Ocean 6

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just contacted a psychiatrist. Think it's time to try to do something about this ADHD issue. poo poo's gotten worse since I quit drinking and smoking.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Elden Ring already forgot you

But why would Elden Ring do this to me?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

digimon survive is devil survivor. if you like devil survivor and thematically are as cool with smt as you are with digimon you'll prolly dig it. im not super far yet though.

really been having a lot of fun with Mechwarrior 5 Mercs, but ONLY with 3 other friends online. The coop rules. I run the lance, everyone gets stompy mechs. We work together and customize 'em and have a lot of fun taking ridiculously low armor mechs into high weight fights so that someone can bring their atlas in.

Back 4 Blood and No Mans Sky have also been enjoyable with buds.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good luck Walla!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna be sweep thanks to Star Ocean 6

More and more people have been saying this.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Walla posted:

Just contacted a psychiatrist. Think it's time to try to do something about this ADHD issue. poo poo's gotten worse since I quit drinking and smoking.

Hell yeah, taking care of yourself is always a great idea. You got this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This is what Twitch.TV is for.

😧

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would watch, and subscribe to your channel if you got Twitch affiliate.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I want to grow up and be that dude that put Sonic 2006 on his GOTY list

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
SA rules say any game you played that year counts regardless of original release so godspeed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Exactly. I am going to have a top five including games from 1998-2005 as it stands right now.

What a thrilllll.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

goty so far is my replay of pokemon soul silver

im workin on a living dex rn and just started heart gold

were off to a good start

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'd argue that if your goty list doesn't have at least one older game on it rarity should just not count it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

haveblue posted:

SA rules say any game you played that year counts regardless of original release so godspeed

Yeah I know that, but its still funny that Sonic 2006 ended up on the SA GOTY list because of that

It was a good excuse too, that as terrible as it is its a pretty good speedrun game for how badly you can break it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will never ever forget the guy who gave Cyberpunk his number one spot before it even released.

Even better, they returned after playing it and confirmed that it hit everything that they wanted and was definitely #1. I was so happy they got what they wanted :)