Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Velveteen posted:

100% chance to succeed T1-T2!? That is insanity! I am totally going to make alts. Is the character slot for 15 USD for one slot or one page with like 8 slots? Because its going to be expensive if its the former. I will have to delete some characters.

The waterpark event also looks pretty fun. I hope its more like the Naruni racing event. Although anything is better than sitting on the beach for 9 minutes.

Remember, this pass only works for one character. Absolutely under no circumstances should you use it for any characters not in Tier 1 already if you want to get the most out of it, do not claim it on a tier 3 character either. Many players made this mistake last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The new express pass is for 1302 -> 1370. They are talking about the global honing buff that applies to all characters everywhere from T1 through 1370.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Cinara posted:

The new express pass is for 1302 -> 1370. They are talking about the global honing buff that applies to all characters everywhere from T1 through 1370.

Ehhh it's these last 2 lines

"Tier 3 honing costs decreased (30% Gold decrease and 50% gear XP decrease).

Increased honing success rate by 10%."

That specifically do not mention the 1302 gear that makes me think, have they sneaked in the 10% boost up to 1415 like other regions got. It's not like they haven't undersold patches before. We'll find out today.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I said come in! posted:

Remember, this pass only works for one character. Absolutely under no circumstances should you use it for any characters not in Tier 1 already if you want to get the most out of it, do not claim it on a tier 3 character either. Many players made this mistake last time.

The punika pass brings you to tier 3. The event super pass thing can only be used on t3 characters. The tier 1 and 2 honing buffs are separate entirely.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 20, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

E: it is late

cams
Mar 28, 2003

drat i thought i had another week for the last express pass thing

oh well goodbye free resources, it's my fault for not playing enough

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinara posted:

Ooooooh I missed entirely that it is global. I guess i'm gonna be playing quite a lot of alts for a bit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Update is good.

The Midsummer Nights Dream Special Package, gives you a starfish pet that is dressed like a pirate.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 20, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Update is good.

The Midsummer Nights Dream Special Package, gives you a starfish pet that is dressed like a pirate.

That's awesome

I gave my deadeye a little bit of material I had saved up last week and hit 1368 within a few hours.

e: nvm hit 1370. These rewards are insane

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 21, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Is something wrong with Dire? We haven't had any new research or guild missions yet.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

S.J. posted:

That's awesome

I gave my deadeye a little bit of material I had saved up last week and hit 1368 within a few hours.

e: nvm hit 1370. These rewards are insane

yeah that express event is no joke, I used it on a character that had nothing saved up and I think I only needed like 5000 or so extra shards and blue crystals from my main to make it to 1370. If you get lucky with hones, you can probably just coast through all of it with the rewards they give you every ten levels.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Good thing I'm used to failing hones because failing getting to pity when starting at 40 percent kinda hurt lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My "favourite" thing is when you succeed literally one hone before getting pity. Like yea, it saved you one attempt, but c'mon, lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This current honing event :sickos:

Please AGS/SG, just make this permament.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Please AGS/SG, just make this permament.
The T1/T2/1370 honing rates are permanent. And 1415 is coming, either in August or September.

edit: it could come in October if we have the same pace as KR, but KR got t1/t2/1370/1415 in what would be October for us. Other versions got it between 3 weeks (RU) and 2 months (JP) after vykas.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 21, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khorne posted:

The T1/T2/1370 honing rates are permanent. And 1415 is coming, either in August or September.

I really need to pay closer attention to what is going on. I've lost touch with Lost Ark and its updates because i've been too busy.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Anyone have their own rule of thumb for the price of the new abyssal dungeon+ card packs? I saw a Legendary Card Pack go for 200 gold and an epic one for 68, but the sample size here is 2, so I don't know how rare they are naturally. I just completed Lostwind Cliff though, so I have no long term goals other than Light of Salvation (in two years) or Romanticist for the zoom.

edit : Jesus the event completion rewards are bonkers. The legendary honing event tomes are roster bound, not character bound, so I'm going to chuck them over to my main that's still pushing to 1425

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 21, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A legendary selector pack is worth $$$, I'd easily drop 5k without thinking and likely more. A random legendary pack is a lot less valuable but still decent.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
The common denominator on the Legendary Selector Pack is "as much gold as it takes before everyone but the richest person in the party goes broke." Which for most groups I saw/heard of is around 10-11k or so.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1550248505888821248

quote:

Starting on July 22 at 8AM PT (3PM UTC) and running through August 18, members of the Lost Ark Creator Program will have access to Pixel Glasses Selection Chest, a 3 Battle Items Chest, and 1,000 Amethyst Shards in a new Twitch Drop to enable on their channels! The Pixel Glasses Selection Chest allows you to select your favorite out of black, pink, yellow, or purple color options. The 3 Battle Items Chest will provide key items for upcoming battles and Legion Raid attempts, and includes 5 Healing Battle Item Chests, 5 Utility Battle Item Chests, and 5 Offensive Battle Item Chests.

Viewers will need to accumulate 4 hours of watch time in participating Lost Ark streams to claim this Drop reward. Full instructions on account linking and claiming can be found on our Twitch Drops page.

RoboCicero posted:

Anyone have their own rule of thumb for the price of the new abyssal dungeon+ card packs? I saw a Legendary Card Pack go for 200 gold and an epic one for 68, but the sample size here is 2, so I don't know how rare they are naturally. I just completed Lostwind Cliff though, so I have no long term goals other than Light of Salvation (in two years) or Romanticist for the zoom.

edit : Jesus the event completion rewards are bonkers. The legendary honing event tomes are roster bound, not character bound, so I'm going to chuck them over to my main that's still pushing to 1425

I had the random legendary card pack drop in mine and it went for 3.5k

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1550248505888821248

I had the random legendary card pack drop in mine and it went for 3.5k

what kind of nerd still thinks those pixelated sunglasses are funny in 2022

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Is something wrong with Dire? We haven't had any new research or guild missions yet.

The something wrong might be that I'm the most active officer? I didn't log in yesterday but it has research and weeklies now.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Doing Argos P1 with a bunch of pubbies who forgot how weak/fragile their characters were at the beginning of 1370 is hilarious. Me and a friend's bard managed to down P1 with like 2 seconds left on the clock after everyone else died. Was great.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I haven't played this in ages and started a Paladin with my new Punika Pass.

1. One 2.5 hour session of play and he's already 1360.

2. Oops, it's much more fun than Bard and I should have rolled this instead.

3. However, he also feels a lot weaker than my Bard did in terms of keeping failgroups alive, specifically his gauge gain rate is really slow in comparison. Anyone have any sick Paladin tips for better aura uptime?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Xalidur posted:

3. However, he also feels a lot weaker than my Bard did in terms of keeping failgroups alive, specifically his gauge gain rate is really slow in comparison. Anyone have any sick Paladin tips for better aura uptime?
When you get Expert 3 paladin's mitigation and healing become much better. This isn't as true for bard, because most of bard's mitigation isn't impacted by expert & bard already heals for a lot without it.

For meter gain, wealth rune & tripods from gear help immensely. Tripods significantly increase meter gain. Higher swiftness can help. Cooldown gems help because you can use your meter builders more frequently.

Awakening 3 helps because you can use your awakening more frequently (use the 2nd awakening that gives a big aoe shield). It gives almost a full meter.

Cooldown gems help a lot by giving you way better uptime on your buffs & healing stuff.

Not really sure when you should get gear. The market is in turmoil due to the honing buff and pass. 1370 was an okay time but prices are super inflated. 1415 is nice for tripods because you can build a +4 set on primary stuff through the inventory system. Until then, I'd hoard useful tripod purple/legendary gear and transfer stuff through the inventory system (don't bother eating items yet).

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 22, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The water flowing from its eyes took me by complete surprise and I started laughing so hard.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Xalidur posted:

I haven't played this in ages and started a Paladin with my new Punika Pass.

1. One 2.5 hour session of play and he's already 1360.

2. Oops, it's much more fun than Bard and I should have rolled this instead.

This has been sort of answered, but Paladin is smaller shields and tick healing vs more burst style from the bard. A bard will do better triage, but the Paladin is more consistent and doesn't have to pick between healing and damage buffs. A Paladin also basically requires Expert, Blessed Aura, and Awakening all at 3 to feel like you're really doing a lot. Wealth runes are also a big deal to help generate meter faster with Wrath of God and Heavenly Blessing. Also, putting your biggest cooldown gem on Holy Protection helps a ton. The last piece of advice I have is using godsent law to help dumb people. If you know someone f'd up or is gonna get caught out that 70% damage reduction is huge.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Khorne posted:

When you get Expert 3 paladin's mitigation and healing become much better. This isn't as true for bard, because most of bard's mitigation isn't impacted by expert & bard already heals for a lot without it.

For meter gain, wealth rune & tripods from gear help immensely. Tripods significantly increase meter gain. Higher swiftness can help. Cooldown gems help because you can use your meter builders more frequently.

Awakening 3 helps because you can use your awakening more frequently (use the 2nd awakening that gives a big aoe shield). It gives almost a full meter.

Cooldown gems help a lot by giving you way better uptime on your buffs & healing stuff.

Not really sure when you should get gear. The market is in turmoil due to the honing buff and pass. 1370 was an okay time but prices are super inflated. 1415 is nice for tripods because you can build a +4 set on primary stuff through the inventory system. Until then, I'd hoard useful tripod purple/legendary gear and transfer stuff through the inventory system (don't bother eating items yet).
There are also some situational skill swaps that you can do. For example if you don't need the mobility + personal shielding from charge, you can run something like Light of Judgment or Holy Area. There is also some switch you can do that requires using Godsent Law to apply synergy while dropping light shock, but I don't like that one.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Light of judgement in for charge is basically the play. Light of judgement is the single biggest piety meter generator that paladin has. I can see using charge at lower gear levels, but once you approach 1500 swiftness and 4pc yearning, you are more than mobile enough for all content currently, and adding in LoJ just pushes your piety gain through the roof.

As stated paladins are about consistent support vs burst. While bards help more with groups that are struggling, paladins allow strong groups to win faster.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So, after the first few clears, the Legion Raids ended up being a kind of chore that I put up with it to progress and today I just realized that the whole reason to progress is to unlock new Legion Raids to put up with to progress to unlock new Legion Raids......aaaaaaand I just kinda quit Lost Ark on the spot. :v:

This is like the third time I convinced myself to try a Theme Park MMO only to remember that I hate Theme Park MMOs after spending like 500-1000 hours of playtime on it. And the sad thing is I will probably do it again for the next one.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

maybe the next one will be good

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea without a group of friends to chill with a MMO just never lasts for me.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah if I didn't have a buddy to chat with while we did content together I wouldn't be playing this at all. I'm just gonna try and convince them to start FF14 with me.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I was doing some late reclears because I didn't get it done earlier in the week. Then this genius joins the party and drops this line.

The audacity of some people. I was the last dps spot but the party was up for awhile and most people were waiting for a long time and this person expected everyone to get kicked for him because he was a support. He could've made his own group, or find another group that are just starting to fill up. But he joined a group that was waiting for 1 support. We kicked the guy and got a support in fairly quickly and cleared it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Korean PTR patch notes

Artillerist is getting a change to how their identity gauge works. Looks like they are splitting up the current firepower meter into firepower and barrage respectively.

SH demon form is getting a new model lol

I wonder if these Summoner changes count as their "redesign". I think they wanted to do that with Soulfist too last ptr but the backlash was severe so they walked it back. I don't know if they gave up on Soulfist 2.0 or if it's still in the works.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/august-september-2022-roadmap

Who's excited for 2 months of nothing at all

Khorne
May 1, 2002
clown not being august is baffling

we're getting it slower than KR did and slower than some other regions

I'm fine with it, because more dead time means I benefit more from the choices I made with my roster and my alts past character #6 will be ready for 1415+ once honing buff comes in.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Khorne posted:

clown not being august is baffling

we're getting it slower than KR did and slower than some other regions

at the same time, this gives me a ton of time to get multiple alts into clown range and to get my 2nd roster & maybe even a 3rd roster ready

I'm still playing catchup with my main at 1402 so I have no issues with clown being later. I probably won't be at that gear level in September anyways since my play time will drop drastically on Monday.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

kirtar posted:

I'm still playing catchup with my main at 1402 so I have no issues with clown being later. I probably won't be at that gear level in September anyways since my play time will drop drastically on Monday.
If you're mostly doing maintenance and don't have to do story/horizontal stuff then play time can drop a lot.

With limited time, I'd setup 3x bifrosts for the 2 feiton leap dailies and skip all others (takes 90s tops to do these per character + guild check in + guild silver donation). Then do double rested everything. This is how I manage my roster(s), it's ridiculously time efficient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My playtime has cooled a lot, I just started another heavy rpg, and a several nights a week I coop other stuff (gloomhaven, spirit island, other mmos). I still like this game though so I log in each night for a bit to grab login rewards and use up my rapports. I need to try to put some time in this weekend as all my main characters have stalled. Shadow hunter and my newly expressed paladin are at 1370 until I do argus or oreha 2 hard a few times, sorc needs punika, bard needs feiton, and most of my others are at rohendel. Everyone needs to update their bifrosts as I've finished all the una's and souls I was previously set to except the dumb fermata one and the dwarf castle food item.

I also need to drop some gold to buy accessories and stones for my 1370s, I was kind of avoiding it since I'll have to gear up again (at 1385 or 1415?) but doing oreha 1 normal and hard as SH I could tell my damage was lacking and I was often the last person standing. I feel like even if I don't want to do legion raids anytime soon I should push to 1415 to do moake so I can start working on his star and crab.