Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Christmas posted:

I mean, the options to join a military alliance are there, aren’t they? You’ll never get them to do it, but they’re there.

Oh yeah, I didn’t mean confederation. I guess that’s still comparing apples to oranges. I guess there really aren’t any intractable intra-race disagreements on the level of Settra and Arkhan.
Ah yeah thats why I was confused.

Also, you probably caused Arghy to stroke out with that sentence, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Chaos Dwarfs probably shouldn't be able to do any diplomacy with Dawi.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dawi Zharr should be able to initiate diplomacy, but the dawi should pretend the reception is bad.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

my main trading partners in my Thorek campaign were a bunch of High Elves, including Tyrion

feels like that should go in the book tbh, sorry Thorek

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIJA5eOmSw

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

It’s fun that this has been unlisted on their site for two weeks, but it’s only getting “leaked” now.

I’m not getting Vilitch vibes from this, but it’s gotta be him. Unless… wouldn’t it be perfectly Tzeentchian for the Puppets of Misrule to take a misleading name? :aaa:

Comments say it might be based on a new AoS model included in a box set, as we’re seeing two eyes instead of five. Vilitch survived the End Times, but hasn’t reappeared yet. His model is used to represent a more generic character.
Old model:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Cursling-Eye-of-Tzeentch
Scroll down for the new model:
https://www.warhammer-community.com...nt=model-reveal

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I'm going to say it's Valkia so if I'm right I can make a "looks like I was right" post about it

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Twigand Berries posted:

I'm going to say it's Valkia so if I'm right I can make a "looks like I was right" post about it

Nah, CA is pretty consistent with color schemes. Khorne is red, whereas this teaser is very blue/Tzeentch.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

looks like i was wrong

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

orangelex44 posted:

Nah, CA is pretty consistent with color schemes. Khorne is red, whereas this teaser is very blue/Tzeentch.
Was about to post this

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

isnt Valkia the one that ppl are most hype for? Would make sense to save her for last

itd be real cool to pair her reveal with the blood dlc as well

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

isnt Valkia the one that ppl are most hype for? Would make sense to save her for last

I'm indifferent personally other than the fact that I'd love to see more female LLs both for equality and to piss off the nazis that love the game and hate women

I'm fully expecting the blood DLC to come with Immortal Empires to help get people back into the game.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm indifferent personally other than the fact that I'd love to see more female LLs both for equality and to piss off the nazis that love the game and hate women

I've got bad news for you about nazis and what is essentially a valkyrie.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

Chaos Dwarfs probably shouldn't be able to do any diplomacy with Dawi.

I'd be happy with a state of constant war because under no circumstances could i see a chaos dwarf and dawi not killing each other on sight.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

my main trading partners in my Thorek campaign were a bunch of High Elves, including Tyrion

feels like that should go in the book tbh, sorry Thorek

In lore even after the war of the beard they still traded but had to use human go betweens. A dawi would never directly buy from an elf but he'd buy the elf trinkets from a human.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah I thought the Dwarfs considered that grudge settled because they took the Phoenix King's crown. Not saying there still isn't animosity there but that helps.

Also if they ever find out about the Slaan moving the world then lol

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
You know, TW:WH has actually been making steady progress on that front. Out of 86 legendary lords, if my count is right there's 13 women (Fay Enchantress, Repanse, Morathi, Hellebron, Alarielle, Khalida, Aranessa, Cylostra, Sisters, Drycha, Miao, Katarin, Valkia). Now, 1/6 of the total that doesn't sound like much but game 1 had one female LL, period, so it's at least trending correctly. There's also a few races that sorta transcend gender (Daemons, Orcs, Lizardmen, possibly Skaven and Ogres) that are included in the LL total, although it would be nice if some of these non-gendered types could default to a female VO for once. It's very notable that the totally new (or essentially new) races have a much more reasonable split than the older ones - e.g. Cathay, Vampire Coast, and Kislev are all equally split (except for Papa Boris).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

That's my assumption for what'll happen, yeah. Hell maybe her reveal trailer will have the blood too.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I’m making a prediction that in a day or two those eyes in the darkness will be joined by another pair that is slightly above and to the side of the original.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I honestly don't know what finished products the dawi would buy from the knife ears because they're so stubborn. They sure as hell aren't gonna use any elf tools/weapons and i'd imagine it would be a pretty huge grudge to give a dwarf elven consumer goods like gems or jewelry. I could see raw materials but it's not like the knife ears have anything that dawi can't already get from multiple closer sources. It doesn't make sense that they'd resell elven stuff to humans when their already buying it from humans too.

A grudge is entered when a dawi belt breaks and his clan sees he's wearing elven silken underwear.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Magical beard oil from the finest trees.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I rarely if ever declare war on fellow order races when I play as one, unless it’s an unpopular minor faction I can swat aside. When I did my Thorek Vortex campaign, this problem was solved when Teclis made the very un-Teclis move of declaring war on me unprovoked. Thanks for the excuse to settle some grudges!

It’s kind of silly that Teclis is supposed to be diplomacy-minded and having a respect for other races uncommon among his peers, but game mechanics force him to invade other races’ territory unprovoked. Meanwhile, Tyrion can get win the Vortex race more easily by just defending the Donut, striking up trade deals with faraway races, and taking the fight to Malekith.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I'm realizing that between Tzeentch, Cathay, Khorne, and Kislev playthroughs, I have literally never entered the south-center part of the map. There be dwarves, and ogres I think, but I've just never had a reason to go down there except with caravans. Guess Grimgor and the chorves will change that eventually.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm fully expecting the blood DLC to come with Immortal Empires to help get people back into the game.

People keep speculating this, and yes, they announced this would happen when they showed the first roadmap a few months ago.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

img_thread_title.jpg

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

turns out streamers do agree with him

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was looking at the TW Reddit, and someone posted this old art of Vilitch from before he got a model. Where did he exist before then? It’s pretty cool:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

kanonvandekempen posted:

Lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

kanonvandekempen posted:

:eyepop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

spoiler: this is a rating based on only domination

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

kanonvandekempen posted:

lmao

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'm realizing that between Tzeentch, Cathay, Khorne, and Kislev playthroughs, I have literally never entered the south-center part of the map. There be dwarves, and ogres I think, but I've just never had a reason to go down there except with caravans. Guess Grimgor and the chorves will change that eventually.

That's where Boris starts, it'll probably be a more interesting start once the chorfs come out but there is a lizardmen faction at the very south that's fun to make an alliance with! Nothing like fighting demons with bear cav and dinos lmao

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I assume that ranking is “after the DLC releases”?

FWIW that seems like a pretty balanced game considering the massive number of moving parts/this still being pretty early on. Plenty of A/S factions.

Also hell yeah good for my Nurgley boys.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dr Christmas posted:

I rarely if ever declare war on fellow order races when I play as one, unless it’s an unpopular minor faction I can swat aside. When I did my Thorek Vortex campaign, this problem was solved when Teclis made the very un-Teclis move of declaring war on me unprovoked. Thanks for the excuse to settle some grudges!

It’s kind of silly that Teclis is supposed to be diplomacy-minded and having a respect for other races uncommon among his peers, but game mechanics force him to invade other races’ territory unprovoked. Meanwhile, Tyrion can get win the Vortex race more easily by just defending the Donut, striking up trade deals with faraway races, and taking the fight to Malekith.

Teclis is much less of an arrogant dickhead to other races than other high elf nobles, but he's still extremely arrogant in his own ways, such as always believing that he knows best and being willing to remove obstacles in the way of his present objectives if he believes it's for the greater good.

There's a novel of Teclis running into Gotrek and Felix and working with them to stop a chaos plot and the Teclis POVs include a lot of him thinking about stuff like "Well, if I could save the humans I'm working with here it would be nice and I'd certainly like to do it, but if it becomes inconvenient I'm going to use them as human shields because ultimately their lives are expendable for my goals".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The ranking is what they expect domination play to be like based on very limited gameplay

Like norsca was tried maybe 5 times total between the 3

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Turn 100+ on my Ku'gath campaign, up to three armies and full infrastructure in multiple Kislev provinces, as with all things Nurgle it took me awhile but the death grip on the throat of the valley is pretty absolute. Starting to put elites in each army and a generic lord ascended to a Great Unclean! A big jolly lad!

Nurgle: S!!!!! Talk about a glow up from their release pvp reputation! Interesting to note that Grand Cathay, very similar in style to Dwarves, is getting savaged as well and have been known as pvp weak for awhile. Empire escapes the same fate, and Dawi are conspicuously absent any good cavalry/mobility, where Empire has greater options and muscle then Cathay's anemic "fast guys, bad guys, great overpriced flying guys." VampCoast is pretty low too, though they have better monster/flyer options for faux-cavalry and speed responses.

Seems Dawi can't pump those Dwarven Legs fast enough... I'm sure they hold just fine but when your only option for "fast" reactions to an opening in land grab matches is slayers, well, your opponent summons a slayer counter. Slayers are great, Dwarven infantry holds like anvils made of smaller, angrier anvils but the lack of flexibility is quite an ironic anchor around their necks.

Also no magic when even Khorne has pretty sweet map-wides.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Anno posted:

I assume that ranking is “after the DLC releases”?

FWIW that seems like a pretty balanced game considering the massive number of moving parts/this still being pretty early on. Plenty of A/S factions.

Also hell yeah good for my Nurgley boys.

Yes, it's post-release (although that means they're speculating a bit on the actual units getting added, since they don't have access to them - or at least are claiming they don't).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dawi more like naw-i lol lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

What's going to be funny is when Chaos Dwarfs end up having all of the best qualities of dwarfs (armor, high mass, etc) but with cheap chaff, cavalry, magic and probably better artillery.

And all of the exotic things people wishlist for a Dwarf DLC like Runic Golems, Thunderbarges, Goblin Hewers, etc still wouldn't give them any greater flexibility where they are sorely lacking. Even if they are extremely cool.

Did Dwarfs ever have any kind of cavalry in the ancient editions?