Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sometimes the Marceau clicks.

Just love it when I have 3x the XP of the next guy in my team. I'm not Flamu, I can't carry these teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
This game has been unplayable since the patch. I haven't completed the daily missions once in 5 days because the level of cuntishness of the playerbase has reached new levels. Alos, every single match bar none there has been at least one obvious bot.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Thanks for the Marceau advice guys. I went up against a Småland and just ran him down when he was excluded from his team. Took some damage but he died awfully fast.

I'm also starting to realize that Marceau is a ship that doesn't really need overthinking. Just go REAL FAST and shoot people. I think it might benefit from IFHE though.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 18, 2022

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Thanks for the Marceau advice guys. I went up against a Småland and just ran him down when he was excluded from his team. Took some damage but he died awfully fast.

I'm also starting to realize that Marceau is a ship that doesn't really need overthinking. Just go REAL FAST and shoot people. I think it might benefit from IFHE though.

One more thing to consider in Marceau vs Smaland brawls is that Marceau has no heal but does have really favorable damage saturation, so in a fight you want it to be quick and ideally one on one so you don’t take damage to multiple parts of your ship. The longer it drags on the more the Smaland heal and potential for exposing unsaturated parts of your ship matter.

I don’t run IFHE but it’s 21 vs 26mm. That’s one thing I don’t have memorized as to what that matters for - maybe some cruiser decks?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Velius posted:

One more thing to consider in Marceau vs Smaland brawls is that Marceau has no heal but does have really favorable damage saturation, so in a fight you want it to be quick and ideally one on one so you don’t take damage to multiple parts of your ship. The longer it drags on the more the Smaland heal and potential for exposing unsaturated parts of your ship matter.

Yeah, I think that was the thing that kept tripping me up before. Now I managed to keep angled in a way where most of his shots were hitting my nose and he was showing full broadside (which I know isn't automatically a terrible idea in gunboat DDs because you get all your guns in target) so my shells kept peppering his entire boat from bow to stern.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

kaesarsosei posted:

Shlieffen is also probably the Best ship for Brawls.

After watching Flamu try a brawl in Schlieffen last night, it turns out the best ship for brawls is Nakhimov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giwFKXzUqWQ

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 18, 2022

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Looks like they are already nerfing the potential joy out of the EU supership oh well

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NTRabbit posted:

After watching Flamu try a brawl in Schlieffen last night, it turns out the best ship for brawls is Nakhimov

It's like a hall of fame of bad WG game mode decisions

- Two randoms matched against a division
- One team has a CV, the other doesn't
- CVs in a 2v2 game mode

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

In ranked however the Schlieffen is a monster. I'm beginning to hate that loving boat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Here comes operation remove everyone's silver.

The Patrie is apparently very strong, the Edgar is apparently not.

Also the new Italian T8 premium CV is coming to the store on Friday. It's not amazing, according to reviews. Fast but extremely fragile planes, AP rockets with bad pen, powerful torpedoes but with 30 knot speed.

E: and of course both superships will be coming to the tech tree in the reasonably near future so don't blow 200 million silver on them.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 20, 2022

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Here comes operation remove everyone's silver.

The Patrie is apparently very strong, the Edgar is apparently not.

Where do you get this weird info? Edgar is a Minotaur +2km torp range +1 turret +some deck armor +360 degree turrets +burst fire mode.

Lets check on some Minotaur recents:

Yeah, a super version of that sounds terrible

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Nobody expects the Dutch AA.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is just ... I have never fired a blind shot half this lucky, and this time it won the game.

https://imgur.com/8euTYBI.mp4

https://replayswows.com/replay/163983#stats

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is just ... I have never fired a blind shot half this lucky, and this time it won the game.

https://imgur.com/8euTYBI.mp4

https://replayswows.com/replay/163983#stats

As a DD main I hate hate hate watching this.

Mad respect tho.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I sent the guy a message after the game and we were both baffled together. He did everything right and that was just pure loving luck.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Was it completely random or did you have any thought processes leading you to pick that area?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kaesarsosei posted:

Was it completely random or did you have any thought processes leading you to pick that area?

Yeah, I figured since the DD player seemed pretty decent (they turned out to have a 56% WR after the game) they weren't likely to keep trailing us towards B and C, and was instead probably going to cut back towards the cap we were leaving. That plus the direction the torps came from, and the common sense feeling that as a decent DD player they were probably fairly close to their detection range to maximize the chance of landing torps gave me a ballpark to aim at.

But it was still a hail mary.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is a bot, right?

In addition to that, he was also my ranked teammate in the last game.

E:

this motherfucker in the next game

He's been playing since beta so WG clearly take botting very seriously.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 27, 2022

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So who bought one of the new superships and how much did you pay???

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is a bot, right?

In addition to that, he was also my ranked teammate in the last game.

E:

this motherfucker in the next game

He's been playing since beta so WG clearly take botting very seriously.

Those are probably just using divisions to pad their loss rate, that is a lot of xp/game for a bot

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Burt posted:

So who bought one of the new superships and how much did you pay???

The auction ended at 250 million each. I certainly didn’t buy one.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

James Garfield posted:

Those are probably just using divisions to pad their loss rate

But...why?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

I mean they're just really bad and like to play boats with their friends who are also really bad, it's weird that that first person thinks shooting two ships and then dying is fun enough to repeat it seventeen thousand times but the division part isn't weird.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today I played ranked with a guy who had grinded a Yamato entirely by playing the Kearsarge in co-op. He had literally under 10 games in any other boats. 2900+ in a Kearsarge in co-op and then 15 in the Yamato in non-co-op, and it very much showed.

Dude just got deleted about 30 seconds into the game by sitting flat broadside on to the entire enemy team, then spent several minutes yelling slurs and insults at us for not helping him.

Grinding nearly 3000 games in co-op to free XP a T10 bote is a level of lunacy I didn't think was possible. This playerbase never ceased to amaze me, and not in a good way.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Today I played ranked with a guy who had grinded a Yamato entirely by playing the Kearsarge in co-op. He had literally under 10 games in any other boats. 2900+ in a Kearsarge in co-op and then 15 in the Yamato in non-co-op, and it very much showed.

Dude just got deleted about 30 seconds into the game by sitting flat broadside on to the entire enemy team, then spent several minutes yelling slurs and insults at us for not helping him.

Grinding nearly 3000 games in co-op to free XP a T10 bote is a level of lunacy I didn't think was possible. This playerbase never ceased to amaze me, and not in a good way.

There are people who spend YEARS doing stupid poo poo in other games. Like that one guy who spent like 7 years grinding out at the beginning area of FF7 or something.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'll head into co-op to knock out dockyard missions and such, and its incredible to run into people who only play that mode. What is funny is how the economy is different there, so people talk about having to play another dozen games to afford a ship upgrade.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CitizenKain posted:

I'll head into co-op to knock out dockyard missions and such, and its incredible to run into people who only play that mode. What is funny is how the economy is different there, so people talk about having to play another dozen games to afford a ship upgrade.

Yeah, co-op is fine for stupid dockyard poo poo but I will never understand "co-op mains". The co-op in WoWS is absolutely godawful because the bots just blindly sail forward and it's a game of "who can get there to unload a launcher of torps from 150 meters first".

I seriously don't understand how someone can put up with drat near 3000 of those games.

I also tried doing an operation today because I remembered them being good XP and money back in the day. Well they super aren't anymore. 340k damage and 7 kills was ~160 000 credits and 5000 xp with boosters. And half the team were bots, so I guess that's why it's so awful now.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, co-op is fine for stupid dockyard poo poo but I will never understand "co-op mains". The co-op in WoWS is absolutely godawful because the bots just blindly sail forward and it's a game of "who can get there to unload a launcher of torps from 150 meters first".

I seriously don't understand how someone can put up with drat near 3000 of those games.

I also tried doing an operation today because I remembered them being good XP and money back in the day. Well they super aren't anymore. 340k damage and 7 kills was ~160 000 credits and 5000 xp with boosters. And half the team were bots, so I guess that's why it's so awful now.

They nerfed operation rewards because they were paying enough that people were actually doing them.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I have been drinking heavily, but PvE mains in this game are basically worthless. They are actually awful at the game and their input has no value in anyway. It’s a bit like YouTube ads - I have basically learned to block them out of my consciousness to the extent where they might as well not exist.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The co-op in WoWS is absolutely godawful because the bots just blindly sail forward and it's a game of "who can get there to unload a launcher of torps from 150 meters first".

A reminder that WG made bots for PvE that were competent, and made smart decisions about positioning, aiming, and target selection, and they had to remove them because they were wiping the floor with co-op mains so substantially that they were whining and quitting in droves

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NTRabbit posted:

A reminder that WG made bots for PvE that were competent, and made smart decisions about positioning, aiming, and target selection, and they had to remove them because they were wiping the floor with co-op mains so substantially that they were whining and quitting in droves

Hah. Well that says a lot, really.

Of course this being WG it's possible their bots were some "always 100% perfect aim, can't dodge, can't avoid damage" bullshit just like early FPS bots before game designers realized that wasn't fun and bots needed to not be perfect terminator killbots. But having seen a lot of "co-op mains" playing this game it's also possible the bots were actually reasonable.

E: so uhh, the Halland doesn't have ASW equipment anymore, huh? Is this just temporary while they figure out what to do with the forward firing depth charges it had before, or does WG think it just doesn't get any for reasons?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 30, 2022

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Of course this being WG it's possible their bots were some "always 100% perfect aim, can't dodge, can't avoid damage" bullshit just like early FPS bots before game designers realized that wasn't fun and bots needed to not be perfect terminator killbots. But having seen a lot of "co-op mains" playing this game it's also possible the bots were actually reasonable.

E: so uhh, the Halland doesn't have ASW equipment anymore, huh? Is this just temporary while they figure out what to do with the forward firing depth charges it had before, or does WG think it just doesn't get any for reasons?

If you’re playing ranked the asw gets removed for some reason.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Velius posted:

If you’re playing ranked the asw gets removed for some reason.

Ah that'll explain it!

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

No, the bots right now as they always did have if not as perfect as a unicum still excellent aim (with dispersion handling balancing) and will react to unspotted torpedoes from unspotted ships. Co-op win rate is still 95%+ because charging dick first into focus fire does not work.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Not going to lie, Hannover in co-op doing the shipyards missions is some laid back, stress free, over powered bullshit and I love it.

Especially when you get thrown into a game with you and nothing else but bots on both sides. Get a 1000 ribbons? Well here's 700 of them in one game :haw:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Having taken a bunch of destroyers into co-op for various missions I dispute that bots have perfect aim. Their aim is way way worse than players.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DEAR JESUS

E: it's fun to get a "get ribbons" mission in the Royal Navy Battleships missions, because you can just take out the Schlieffen and get like 400-500 ribbons in a single game of Ranked.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 2, 2022

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
That doesn’t seem physically possible

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
It's divisions, there are people with thousands of 30% division games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This guy was a Schlieffen who spent the entire game chasing a Grozovoi around the edges of the map, and got shot to death by the Grozovoi, who finished the match with ~85% HP. If he's playing in a division with another similar skilled player, or even a couple more, I can definitely see them tanking their team's chances in 2/3 games.

I have to say now that I'm getting the hang of the Schlieffen and changed the last mod from the main battery reload to the secondary armament one, this thing is loving filthy. Time and time again some doofuses in Stalingrads or something try to nose tank me and just get melted. Just get within 12,6km of the enemy, keep angled and that's it. Job's done.