Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

Nice kbs but do the layer lines bother you or is it kind of a deliberate 'this was 3d printed' vibe?

Thanks, honestly I don't even notice the layer lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
can anyone confirm or deny if any key cap sets come with the special size space bars on the kinesis freestyle edge. I’ve gotten conflicting info

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Silver Alicorn posted:

can anyone confirm or deny if any key cap sets come with the special size space bars on the kinesis freestyle edge. I’ve gotten conflicting info

Kenesis Website posted:

Can I upgrade my keycaps?
Yes! The Edge uses standard Cherry MX keycaps so any 3rd party Cherry-compatible keycap should work. Note that due to the Edge’s compact split layout there are some unique keys: Right Ctrl and Right Shift keys are 1.75x wide (substitute a Caps Lock key) and the space bars are 3.5x wide (We are not aware of any 3rd party 3.5x space bars).

I also do not know of any 3.5u keycaps. Those are weird as gently caress. Might be a good case to get an artisan maker involved like Asymplex though.
https://www.asymplex.xyz/

Maybe if you beg hard enough he will make you something.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Fortaleza posted:

ergo prompter hyuk :newlol:

piss cock ergo proper cock

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
sorry no knob

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

turn off your monitor lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no f-keys no consider

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
small delete what the gently caress is this poo poo next you’re gonna say you want the big L enter key

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

really slamming on a big vertical enter key is like the best feeling in computing
you ANSIs don't know what you're missing out on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

really slamming on a big vertical enter key is like the best feeling in computing
you ANSIs don't know what you're missing out on

ANSI is short for A Nicer Standard is ISO

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I slam a big vertical enter key

it's on the keypad and it's satisfying

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

I slam a big vertical enter key

it's on the keypad and it's satisfying

it's not that big

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s big enough mate i’m not trying to gently caress it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

it’s big enough mate i’m not trying to gently caress it

frankly, i don't believe you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i had an ISO keyb for a while. it was terrible. i can't even describe it, it had a je nais se quois of awfulness about it. i can understand the appeal if your a child and get excited by big shiny enter keys but it just wasn't for me

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Raluek posted:

this is what you look like to normal ansi keyboard users

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug
i don't know if this is the most pathetic slapfight, but it sure feels like it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

somewhat confused about this one, but leaving it here to be judged

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dioxazine posted:

dogshit garbage. at least call it a "kirboard"

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

dioxazine posted:

tiny makes those keycaps

burning swine
May 26, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

wait why are you replacing the entire pcb if just the MCU is dead? Just get this: https://keyhive.xyz/shop/wasdat-controller

out of stock but a neat idea - I didn't know there were aftermarket MCUs for these. What makes this WASDAT more esd resistant than the first 3 I zapped though? My understanding is that the problem was a result of the placement of the thing right around the arrow keys

e: when I said "PCB" the first time around what I really meant was MCU apparently

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
What's a decent mechanical with full inverted-T arrow keys and just a female USB-C socket on it?
I want something to swap in when the kiddos and I play turn-based games like Scorched Earth. My usual one has too many modifiers and crap.

edit: I don't care if it's TKL or not

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

burning swine posted:

out of stock but a neat idea - I didn't know there were aftermarket MCUs for these. What makes this WASDAT more esd resistant than the first 3 I zapped though? My understanding is that the problem was a result of the placement of the thing right around the arrow keys

e: when I said "PCB" the first time around what I really meant was MCU apparently

gotta cover it in tinfoil or something next time, i don't know how you manage to EMP a keyboard so often

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

burning swine posted:

sorry for the late reply but I don't know that it necessarily is more ESD resistant.

I would check the github to see if there's anything about it but it appears to be gone. https://github.com/Maartenwut
His website is also gone. http://www.maartenwut.com

This might be helpful... idk
https://git.captain-malu.de/morland/qmk_luckenbach_fork/-/tree/0.8.12/keyboards/maartenwut/wasdat

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hed posted:

What's a decent mechanical with full inverted-T arrow keys and just a female USB-C socket on it?
I want something to swap in when the kiddos and I play turn-based games like Scorched Earth. My usual one has too many modifiers and crap.

edit: I don't care if it's TKL or not

ducky one 3

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thank you. I'm trying to figure out if this yellow one would be cool or I'd hate it on my desk. There are some other color choices that seem fun too.

Before I knew about this Ducky one I was looking at this Vaporwave WASD custom one, whose colors are awesome but I want the japenese glyphs taken off. I couldn't get the same colors with basic keycaps using their customization tool. Maybe later I'll look into caps like that.

edit:

Hed fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 18, 2022

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Check out keychron too. I have a tenkey less and its very needs suiting.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
had a little get together with a couple of keyboard friends as one was passing through town.
The plan was to just get lunch but it turns out we had a few keyboards on us so we decided to also have an impromptu tailgate keyboard meetup.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

but you can only use one keyboard at once, what are you going to do with so many?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BONGHITZ posted:

but you can only use one keyboard at once, what are you going to do with so many?

psh, do you only have one computer like some kind of weirdo?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

prevent this:
https://youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

BONGHITZ posted:

apparently keep them in the back of my truck because I've run out of space to put them.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I will be using my original version Kinesis Gaming Freestyle Edge for the foreseeable future.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I did get gamer keys for it though. This is an official Kinesis Gaming product. Yes my keyboard is dirty. You should probably clean yours too.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

It came in! It's very nice! ty Jenny Agutter.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Hed posted:

It came in! It's very nice! ty Jenny Agutter.

oooo how you like that wood keyboard

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

keyb

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

had a little get together with a couple of keyboard friends as one was passing through town.
The plan was to just get lunch but it turns out we had a few keyboards on us so we decided to also have an impromptu tailgate keyboard meetup.

hmm

maybe I’ll stick with my razor ornata instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pseudopresence posted:

I'm still using this keyboard I designed and made from scratch, very needs suiting

https://imgur.com/a/g67CxwT

drat nice