Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Also reskins all coffee to folgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1552493042044612608

Phrasing!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao all because they wanted to make the pansexual sims straight

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What was wrong with pansexual Sims? That sounds pretty great.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

Previously sims just banged whoever, they put in an update to give your sims a sexual preference and whether they're looking to gently caress marry or kill

Splicer has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Jul 29, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1552922891884212224

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well if you have a better way to produce a proper royal line, I'd like to hear it

holttho
May 21, 2007

Splicer posted:

Previously sims just banged whoever, they put in an update to give your sims a sexual preference and whether they're looking to gently caress marry or kill

Their doing this is even weirder as in The Sims 1, 2, and 3, (haven't played 4) all romantic relationships are dictated by you and you alone. The computer-controlled sims would never initiate a romance, they just would respond when you started romancing them; and they would always be into it. What they are doing now is making a feature that prevents you from taking your male character and initiating a romance with another male character, which, again, in the previous games, would never have happened unless you wanted it to.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

So did they change it to where players can initiate incest, or is the AI now able to initiate relationships, including incest? Never played The Sims, myself (if I wanted the ability to ruin a life, ah *gestures broadly*)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

No new homes in West London as electricity grid runs out of capacity

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/fayemikah/status/1553038061138747393

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

in a previous update a while ago they added options to make your sims genderfluid. stuff like, does this sim pee standing or not? can this sim impregnate others, or get pregnant? does this sim prefer female or male gendered clothing, or both? just disconnecting all of these variables from the femme or masc body type, so that a masc body sim doesn't necessarily pee standing up or impregnate others

in conformance with this option they added sexual preference options as well, which ironically is the first time you can canonically make sims homosexual or heterosexual as previously sims are vaguely pansexual until you tune them to be gay by continually flirting with same-sex sims. even as far back as the original sims in 2000, sims just kinda gently caress whoever

Marcade posted:

So did they change it to where players can initiate incest, or is the AI now able to initiate relationships, including incest? Never played The Sims, myself (if I wanted the ability to ruin a life, ah *gestures broadly*)

its a bug, whatever they did to change preferences got around the "no banging genetic relations" rules to prevent creepy incest

pretty mild bug compared to some all time greats, like dwarf fortresses' "carp spend all day leveling up swimming so they are all level 100 murder machines who one shot anything that comes near the river" or crusader kings 2 "whoops! we made the AI engine spend most of its time obsessed with blinding and castrating in-game characters!"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

How about North, South, or East London though?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Transmission lines, welcome to the #resistance.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

pretty mild bug compared to some all time greats, like dwarf fortresses' "carp spend all day leveling up swimming so they are all level 100 murder machines who one shot anything that comes near the river"

It’s good, but “wtf how all these cats overdosing on alcohol” was amazing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ngjanowitz/status/1552648820072165376?s=20&t=P5B6KwKdA-kKi9IbH81n1g

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Platystemon posted:

It’s good, but “wtf how all these cats overdosing on alcohol” was amazing.
Everything about the update to z-levels was just a clusterfuck of unexpected behaviors, and it was awesome to be on the front lines of it

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Not sure how to feel about that hashtag.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Why

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A Coen Bros. Film

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Quite a drama unfolds, is there still time for a twist ending?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

And this didn't happen in Florida... how?

Actual news report on the incident for those who want to read more.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Jul 30, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Are the dogs OK?

Wow, that's quite a tale
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/seattle-building-manager-shoots-burglar-who-freed-attacking-dogs-cops/ar-AAZZPpo

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Jul 30, 2022

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Quite a drama unfolds, is there still time for a twist ending?

Nurse attending the shot woman is a MAN! with a 'HOOK'.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Are the dogs OK?

They attacked multiple people unprovoked, so they aren't really OK.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They attacked multiple people unprovoked, so they aren't really OK.

Major did nothing wrong.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

Major did nothing wrong.

Major didn't, but these dogs did.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The MSN story is longer, but the Seattle Times story is slightly more coherent.

quote:

A woman accused of burglarizing an apartment in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood was shot and injured after releasing three pit bulls that attacked the building manager and other residents, police said.

Seattle police said they plan to request charging the 37-year-old woman with residential burglary and the 50-year-old apartment manager for reckless endangerment after Friday’s incident.

The manager for Ten Twenty Apartments, a 45-unit building on University Street, said Sunday that he accidentally shot the woman in the collarbone while trying to scare the attacking dogs after a series of escalating events. The Seattle Times does not name people who have not been charged; the manager is not being named because it is unclear whether he has been charged.

He said the problems started when he received a text from a tenant complaining of a woman banging on residents’ doors. He said he approached the woman, who he said was staying in her boyfriend’s apartment while he was away.

Fifteen minutes later, another resident called to say she was attacked by three pit bulls after getting off the elevator. Video footage showed the woman who had been pounding on doors entering the unit next to her boyfriend’s and releasing the dogs whose owner had left his apartment’s front door unlocked while he was away, the manager said.

The manager said he called police, who responded about 10:30 p.m. but left after finding the dogs had been returned to their owner’s apartment. Within minutes, officers returned after hearing reports that a woman had been shot.

In the time that the officers were gone, the dogs escaped, and “the next thing I know, I’m sitting there fighting two pit bulls and I got a gash in my hand. I got this bite down my ribs. I got a bite puncture in my leg,” the manager said.

He said he was able to trap the dogs between the building’s two sets of front doors, but released them to the woman who had initially let the dogs out.

“I’m like, ‘OK, if this dog bites me again, that’s on you,’” the building manager said. “So I let the door go. And of course the dog comes after me again.”

He said the woman took the dogs outside, and as he returned to his apartment to call 911, he heard a scream, grabbed his gun, and ran outside to find a couple holding their dog over their heads while the pit bulls jumped on them.

The manager said he fired three shots, one shot in the air to scare the dogs, and two more when they didn’t stop. One of the bullets struck the woman, so he again called 911, he said.

Police said medics transported the woman to Harborview Medical Center with a gunshot near her collarbone. She told officers there that she had entered the apartment to let the dogs out and had stolen several items, police said.

Police did not take the dogs, and they have been returned to their owner’s apartment, according to the building manager who said he would file a report with animal control on Monday and tell the owner to either get rid of the dogs or be evicted. By Saturday afternoon, the woman who let them out was back in the building and banging on residents’ doors again, the building manager said.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big Doña Energy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/EBHarrington/status/1553533320469905409

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1553426899963092992

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seriously, when Lizzy finally keels over, you are going to see literally an entire country lose. their. god. drat. mind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seriously, when Lizzy finally keels over, you are going to see literally an entire country lose. their. god. drat. mind.

Just one country?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Just one country?

Yeah Americans are gunna go loving crazy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Yeah Americans are gunna go loving crazy.

You're a little late on that one.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lobok posted:

You're a little late on that one.

Coloumbus was a mistake

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

She's probably the one thing holding the UK together and when she dies Scottish independence is going to be back on the table.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna apply to be the new queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What's your qualifications?