Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
no no kirk gets invited to TONS of halloween parties but he doesn’t go because they’re sinful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pontius Pilate posted:

no no kirk gets invited to TONS of halloween parties but he doesn’t go because they’re sinful

He does all his blackface at home. As God intended.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I think there are some Twin Cities suburbs where showing up at your church's trunk or treat in blackface would be met with nods and high fives.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Brian Urlacher has hair again and that’s very funny to me

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Every practice thus far in Minicamp and actual camp mentions how awesome Jared Goff has been.

Darkhorse Comeback player of the year candidate, can't even bet him in Vegas.

Last four years were all QBs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1553033622193672192

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

putting up a Save Justin water tower in lake forest

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pontius Pilate posted:

Oh god please refresh my memory

3-13-GB 25(8:09) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham pushed ob at GB 2 for 23 yards (M.Evans). Chicago challenged the runner was out of bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to B.Cunningham to GB 2 for 23 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds in End Zone, Touchback.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ah, you have to see the clip too to see Fox's reaction.

https://twitter.com/PanthersBill/status/929787380067983361

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Pad your stats any way you can, challenge win +1.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man looks like corned beef

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1553045047880437761

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1553045932433985536

Bears are in midseason form baybee

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Fields is the next Mathew Stafford confirmed?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Stafford at least had Megatron. And generally good WR's.

He just had poo poo defenses, poo poo running games and the curse of the lions on his back.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1553047943728463878

Zach Tom got reps yesterday at LT.

This is actually pretty decent I think; Bakh and Elg shouldn't need a lot of practice reps to get back up to speed, but all of these guys starting today will really benefit from the experience.

Watkins came off PUP and is practicing. Doubs looks really good, time for him to be the next hype train WR.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If I have to watch a whole season of Fields laying 35 yard darts on the run right into the pocket of equanimeous st. brown who stone hands it, I’m going to go zero dark Lebron mode

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

If I have to watch a whole season of Fields laying 35 yard darts on the run right into the pocket of equanimeous st. brown who stone hands it, I’m going to go zero dark Lebron mode

Lmao if you think fields is getting off a 35 yard pass before getting sacked by 4 guys simultaneously

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SKULL.GIF posted:

Thank you, it’s beautiful

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Cops ran up and knocked him off the bike right after this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lmao if you think fields is getting off a 35 yard pass before getting sacked by 4 guys simultaneously

He gets the whole fourth quarter blitz-free in the weekly 27-10 standard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

Don't you dare wear blackface!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dexo posted:

Thinking about this. I'm debating if it is more likely that Aaron Rodgers or Kirk cousins has a picture of them somewhere in black face

Definitely Rodgers. Kirk has lovely opinions, but he keeps them relatively low key and knows when they'll be unpopular.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh Rodgers keeps his to himself. The vaccine thing came out by accident after all

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh Rodgers keeps his to himself. The vaccine thing came out by accident after all

He then proceeded to spend the next month making an rear end of himself on podcasts.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

He said this right after the Jacob Blake shooting:

“There’s a systemic problem, and until the problem is fixed, this is going to be an all-too-common sighting in this country."

"Again, I think that goes to a systematic problem that needs to be addressed at some point...there’s antiquated laws that are prejudicial against people of color in this state. I think the governor and the folks at the Capitol need to take a hard look at some of those systems that are in place.”

Also in 2015 a random fan yelled "Muslims suck" during a moment of silence and he said this in a post-game interview:

“I think it’s important to do things like [the moment of silence]. We’re a connected world, you know — six degrees of separation,” Rodgers said after the game, as The Washington Post’s Des Bieler reported. “I must admit, though, I was very disappointed with whoever the fan was who made a comment that I thought was really inappropriate, during the moment of silence. It’s that kind of prejudicial ideology that I think puts us in the position that we’re in today, as a world.”

That stuff is a big reason why people were caught off-guard by the anti-vax poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

He said this right after the Jacob Blake shooting:

“There’s a systemic problem, and until the problem is fixed, this is going to be an all-too-common sighting in this country."

"Again, I think that goes to a systematic problem that needs to be addressed at some point...there’s antiquated laws that are prejudicial against people of color in this state. I think the governor and the folks at the Capitol need to take a hard look at some of those systems that are in place.”

Also in 2015 a random fan yelled "Muslims suck" during a moment of silence and he said this in a post-game interview:

“I think it’s important to do things like [the moment of silence]. We’re a connected world, you know — six degrees of separation,” Rodgers said after the game, as The Washington Post’s Des Bieler reported. “I must admit, though, I was very disappointed with whoever the fan was who made a comment that I thought was really inappropriate, during the moment of silence. It’s that kind of prejudicial ideology that I think puts us in the position that we’re in today, as a world.”

That stuff is a big reason why people were caught off-guard by the anti-vax poo poo.

...and his Trump support.

"Oh gee, police violence sure is bad! So is racism and anti-muslim bigotry.

Anyway, off to go vote for Donald Trump and retweet Rand Paul. Peace!"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I mean, Rand Paul has also spoken out against police violence and called for their demilitarization. Voicing those thoughts does not mean you aren’t a dipshit in other ways, it just means you don’t neatly align with the base of either party.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

My impression has always been that he was a vaguely liberal, relatively thoughtful guy who was told he was smart one too many times and turned libertarian in the last few years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Genuinely curious here - what Trump support?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Genuinely curious here - what Trump support?

In late 2020/early 2021 he liked a few tweets saying the election was stolen iirc

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Cognac McCarthy posted:

My impression has always been that he was a vaguely liberal, relatively thoughtful guy who was told he was smart one too many times and turned libertarian in the last few years.

I think he's just an empty vessel that regurgitates the last thing trapped between his ears.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

In late 2020/early 2021 he liked a few tweets saying the election was stolen iirc

His dad absolutely did, but if you look at what his likes around then they are a shitload of Russell Okung tweets of basic libertarian / bitcoin crap. Then Alex Trebek died and there was a lot of stuff about that.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 30, 2022

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

There was definitely one that he liked himself from Rand Paul or somebody like that. It's possible that he didn't really understand what Rand Paul was saying but uh that doesn't reflect well on him either

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cognac McCarthy posted:

There was definitely one that he liked himself from Rand Paul or somebody like that. It's possible that he didn't really understand what Rand Paul was saying but uh that doesn't reflect well on him either

It was Rand Paul saying the election was stolen.

Rodgers is a chud, like all libertarians. Libertarian is a fake thing. It’s a Republican that either wants to share your drugs or have sex with you and doesn’t want to scare you off.

The Peacemaker series had a line about, “proto-fascist libertarian,” and I was like :hmmyes:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Here's the one that was liked:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1325795224657010693

Which makes exactly zero sense as a MAGA thing because...Trump was in office and signed off on mailing out the stimulus checks (literally having his name printed on them!). All his other likes around then are your bog standard anti-government libertarian stuff.

Also because I'm loving around instead of working, he has donated a whopping $1k to political causes over the past five years to...the NFL Player's Association. https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=aaron+rodgers

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 30, 2022

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He sounds like a dumb guy who changes his politics every couple years to whatever is trendy or he thinks will make him look smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

this tweet turned me into the goddamn Joker, WHAT THE gently caress DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ahahahahahahahahaha

Z E R O

D A R K

L E B R O N

M O D E