Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The wrong Las Vegas died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Mr. Sharps posted:

hello potion seller. I’m going into battle and I require your strongest potions.

May I interest you in a fine bit of crack?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's cool that they're simultaneously flooding and have no drinkable water, very exciting combo

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Basic Poster posted:

Harvested a small fraction of wild plants growing on my plot today. Saw many fun bugs and several happy couples of monarchs.

Feverfew, pineapple chamomile, lavender, oregano, bay, comfrey, mullien, St. John's Wort

What's it like living inside an Instagram hashtag

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basic Poster posted:

Harvested a small fraction of wild plants growing on my plot today. Saw many fun bugs and several happy couples of monarchs.

Feverfew, pineapple chamomile, lavender, oregano, bay, comfrey, mullien, St. John's Wort

insanely envious of this kitchen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i've been saying 'death to america' for 20 years but oops, didn't expect that would mean everyone dies

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
always bet on blackwater

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

It's cool that they're simultaneously flooding and have no drinkable water, very exciting combo

just drink the floodwater, duh

and before any smarty-pants points out that it's "not potable", the whole thing about Vegas is gambling! take a chance on drinking it

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

different vegas, it's the one in new mexico

Las Vegas NV is flooded

Las Vegas NM is so on fire that its water got polluted by ash

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Oh now there are multiple Londons and multiple Las Vegases? gently caress's sake

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I guess it makes sense to have a spare though. Y'know, given what's going on

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

They're trying to become an uninhabitable wasteland first so they can scoop up the tourism dollars from Fallout: New Vegas fans

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i've been saying 'death to america' for 20 years but oops, didn't expect that would mean everyone dies

First rule of imperial decline is to take everyone out with you, Outlander.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i like how every single lady has to say "ohhhh my gawwwwwwwd" a bunch of times

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crazypoops posted:

More like biosphincter collapse

prolapse

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

is the prototype las vegas hyperloop tunnel safe??

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I got gas in Las Vegas NM while passing through on a cross-country move a couple months ago and when i went inside to pay an old man who was coming out gave me the stink eye, shook his head, groaned in displeasure and spit on the ground over the fact that i was wearing a mask. so good gently caress that place.

bet you wish you held onto that spit huh you old bitch

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Pryor on Fire posted:

I can't stop laughing at how terrible the leaders are everywhere
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1553036408809525248
me: I'll save the environment by not wearing a tie

the environment:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

God Hole posted:

I got gas in Las Vegas NM while passing through on a cross-country move a couple months ago and when i went inside to pay an old man who was coming out gave me the stink eye, shook his head, groaned in displeasure and spit on the ground over the fact that i was wearing a mask. so good gently caress that place.

bet you wish you held onto that spit huh you old bitch

yeah but otoh, that would have happened literally anywhere in America with old white people

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mr. Sharps posted:

Never was

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mr. Sharps posted:

lol it wasnt even a hyperloop tunnel - those are vacuum sealed for the tech to work right. The las vegas tunnel was just shittily dug smallbore hole tunnels barely big enough for a model x.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Ardent Communist posted:

i know i don't post in this thread too much, got too far behind until i decided to just go to the end.
seems like this might be a good song to suit the posting i see in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efl0G4SUdiM

I’ll raise you :unsmith:

https://youtu.be/zfGfiv9EgBU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Warren Zevon looks a lot like David Duchovny but only in that picture :toot:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Dog Case posted:

What's it like living inside an Instagram hashtag

I don't have it but I bet it would make me feel like an absolute poser, so...glad I don't. I just have you lot.

I also just finished pre-hanging leaded glass found windows for the chicken coop so...I guess I am the prissiest of bitches.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

biceps crimes posted:

yeah but otoh, that would have happened literally anywhere in America with old white people

and their reckoning will come one day too. shame about everyone else tho

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Dysthymia
May 13, 2022
Reading about the IPCC report. So…governments know the severity of the problem and have the ability to manage it, but are choosing not to because it’s easier? Neato.

Is there any reason to think world leaders will get serious about tackling climate change in the next decade? I’m hearing about some US Senate deal, but my gut says it’s tiddlywinks given the folks behind it.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

theyre going to get serious about continuing to do nothing about it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dysthymia posted:

Reading about the IPCC report. So…governments know the severity of the problem and have the ability to manage it, but are choosing not to because it’s easier? Neato.

Is there any reason to think world leaders will get serious about tackling climate change in the next decade? I’m hearing about some US Senate deal, but my gut says it’s tiddlywinks given the folks behind it.

doing something serious about climate change involves a number of steps that world leaders are personally and ideologically opposed to imagine. climate change is a biproduct of the existing economic and governance systems.

not only will world leaders continue to do "nothing," they will in fact fight and frustrate efforts to address climate change.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Dysthymia posted:

Let me put it this way: if you want to resolve the climate crisis and the other biosphere crises one of the many things you must do is stop waging war.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
you also have to get rid of capitalism so lmao

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dysthymia posted:

yes schumer and manchin are working on a deal to fundamentally change their own natures. their objectives have changed 180 degrees from what they were before

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the only way we could even feasibly stop burning every single burnable thing within reach of a drill is if we invent a more plentiful and cheaper power source, like fusion. but we spend less on fusion research than we spend on the people who write checks for the military, so lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Stereotype posted:

the only way we could even feasibly stop burning every single burnable thing within reach of a drill is if we invent a more plentiful and cheaper power source, like fusion. but we spend less on fusion research than we spend on the people who write checks for the military, so lol

fusion would have been a great thing to spend $1 billion a year researching if we had started in 1975. but with oil and coal so cheap and plentiful and safe, why bother?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Stereotype posted:

there is no way to stop Capital from burning every single thing within reach, including fusion, except if we destroy Capital.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah why would fusion mean we’d stop burning fossil fuels unless you mean the magical kind of fusion that’s “too cheap to meter”.

Fission already exists and does pretty much everything anyone wants from fusion.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Trabisnikof posted:

the magical kind of fusion that’s “too cheap to meter”.

yes, this is the only definition of fusion

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Stereotype posted:

you also have to get rid of capitalism so lmao

We should get get rid of capitalism then

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

good news. capital will destroy itself but it's looking extremely likely that it will take everything else down with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Let me put it this way: if you want to resolve the climate crisis and the other biosphere crises one of the many things you must do is stop waging war.

don't listen to this guy op, we're resolving the climate crisis right now. it's going to be fully resolved no later than 2200, possibly by 2100 if we can get enough coal plants online.