Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Mine heals about 2.6 so far

I'm using Festering Desire on her and have 328 EM and 1321 ATK (I think these are the main things relevant to her heal strength).

Edit: nevermind, I was completely wrong about the healing numbers (or was beneguring from some buff at the time); it's only like 2k

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Opera posted:

Mine's stats aren't too far off yours, except I have 280 EM (mostly from her dark iron sword) and that end up being like an extra 400 hp per tick, for 3k on every tick above 50%. As someone else mentioned, she won't work well in abyss, but personally I hate abyss so that's fine by me.

Ytlaya posted:

I'm using Festering Desire on her and have 328 EM and 1321 ATK (I think these are the main things relevant to her heal strength).

Yeah looking at Kuki's stats compared to my other characters and I think it's just that she's getting 0 EM from her artifacts

It doesn't even show it as a 0 if you're not getting any from the artifacts, maybe that's why I'm not healing as much as I'd like. She C0 so I thought it didn't matter if she got EM or not.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SirKibbles posted:

Thoma is outright the worst unit in the game, like he's not completely unusable but it's close.

If you're just starting out he takes too much investment compared to other units and if you've been playing for a bit Yanfei does his thing just as good or Xinyan if you want the pyro shield sacrificial greatsword.

And of course that fucker is all I get in the wishes

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah looking at Kuki's stats compared to my other characters and I think it's just that she's getting 0 EM from her artifacts

It doesn't even show it as a 0 if you're not getting any from the artifacts, maybe that's why I'm not healing as much as I'd like. She C0 so I thought it didn't matter if she got EM or not.

RareAcumen posted:

Mine heals about 2.6 so far

Yeah, all that ATK and CRIT is essentially wasted stats, since she scales so poorly with them. Definitely ditch them for EM substats. Every point of EM will increase your heal ticks by about 1:1 if you keep the crown, in addition to giving her actual damage from reactions.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, all that ATK and CRIT is essentially wasted stats, since she scales so poorly with them. Definitely ditch them for EM substats. Every point of EM will increase your heal ticks by about 1:1 if you keep the crown, in addition to giving her actual damage from reactions.

I'd even go as far as changing the weapon at that point, unless they're using that and her crit stats for battery purposes. Her burst is pretty meh so no need to try and stack ER.

RareAcumen posted:

I think you got her A2 passive and C1 mixed up. C1 is a small buff to her burst AoE, her A2 buffs healing based on EM.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Space Opera posted:

I'd even go as far as changing the weapon at that point, unless they're using that and her crit stats for battery purposes. Her burst is pretty meh so no need to try and stack ER.

Yeah that too. Iron Sting or Dark Iron Sword would be best as stat sticks, but Sac Sword also works.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
At this point I'm building Kuki for quicken, so EM+crit+electro dmg with festering. Her burst won't be meaningless anymore either!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I managed some artifacts to split EM and HP% substats. Still haven't broken 3k per tik, at something like 2980 but still have an arti to take from 16 to 20.

Also the healing bonus helm with 110 elemental mastery substat has been sitting on my barbara for a million years. Poor barbara, I legit don't remember the last time I pulled her out

Garrand fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 30, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, crit will be good on Kuki once Dendro comes out, so I wouldn't ditch those pieces. Though she really does need to make choices as to what stats she goes into, because her kit pulls her in a lot of different directions. HP, EM, CRate, CDMG, Electro DMG, ER, and even Healing are all stats she can put to use.

Now that Dendro leaks give context, I really like her kit design as a whole. Hope it doesn't take too long for her to get a rerun.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 30, 2022

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Endorph posted:

if we're tlaking about new players than the best units in the game are razor, kaeya, and barbara because you can just click barbara's e, click kaeya's q, and autoattack your way to ar45 and spiral abyss floor 9

Yeah I ran this poo poo straight to AR45 (and beyond) and it worked great. Problem is I'm AR51 now and I still haven't set foot in abyss 5 because that's where you need two viable teams and I don't have a second main DPS built. Maybe XL + Kazuha can duo it, IDK.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Just like to report that I got my boy Kazuha and only had to spend $15 :shepface:

Thank god I have only failed a 5* roll once to date

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
god bless

just beware of budgeting around rolling for characters, if you fail 50/50 it can be like $200bucks dollars usd extra to hit the next pity
as long as you know the costs/risks before you spend then feel free to spend whatever you're comfortable with tho

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyoro posted:

Just like to report that I got my boy Kazuha and only had to spend $15 :shepface:

Thank god I have only failed a 5* roll once to date

:boom:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

yeah if I fail then I take the L and just cheer myself up with "the next character I want will be guaranteed at least"
"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

yeah if I fail then I take the L and just cheer myself up with "the next character I want will be guaranteed at least"
"
Qiqi's Lament

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

I qiqi'd on yelan and haven't rolled since (already have Itto and Kaz).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Yeah I ran this poo poo straight to AR45 (and beyond) and it worked great. Problem is I'm AR51 now and I still haven't set foot in abyss 5 because that's where you need two viable teams and I don't have a second main DPS built. Maybe XL + Kazuha can duo it, IDK.
You can just do Bennett/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Kazuha and quick swap between them. the 'on field dps' can just be benny mashing his tap e.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
As someone who played barely through Monstad at launch and then came back recently I'd like to see them do something about the way characters require mats from their specific area which is locked behind story progression.
It sucks when the game says "congrats on getting that fun character you just got from the banner! Oh too bad they're stuck capped at level 20 until you've advanced the story 20 more hours!"
But I also know any catchup mechanic or say ability to trade earlier zones farmables for later ones basically just guarantees more established players will instantly max new stuff when it drops.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems like that might be an inazuma specific problem, theres no narrative reason you shouldnt be able to walk over to sumeru and the area its going to be in is just next to liyue. itd be weird if it was just artificially blocked off until some story point. iunno how thed even do it, the raiden storm makes sense for inazuma but what would the excuse for sumeru be.

and you can already find some of the sumeru enemies in the chasm for prefarming, even

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 30, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Endorph posted:

it seems like that might be an inazuma specific problem, theres no narrative reason you shouldnt be able to walk over to sumeru and the area its going to be in is just next to liyue. itd be weird if it was just artificially blocked off until some story point. iunno how thed even do it, the raiden storm makes sense for inazuma but what would the excuse for sumeru be.

and you can already find some of the sumeru enemies in the chasm for prefarming, even

Chasm is locked behind story too. I thought I recalled bits of Liyue were locked by adventuring level like the Monstad "you're not a high enough level, Piamon automatically makes you turn around" but yeah Liyue was largely there at launch and I even had 2 or 3 of the characters from there when I stopped. It's Inazuma that's fully off limits until you advance through 2 big story chunks, and I assume the next area will function the same way -but it shouldn't.

I could also be 100% wrong about the red borders the game kicks you out of not actually shifting with level and it's strictly as they've added content.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The last time Liben was an event, he talked about trade routes to Sumeru starting to feel dangerous and even said to stay away. I wouldn't count out them putting something to make you turn back like in Inazuma when you get spotted by city guards during the Vision Hunt Decree.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but sumeru isnt through the chasm, there's other ways through.

idk, itd feel very lame and random to block it off and my point with the chasm thing is theyre clearly aware of the issue and want people to be able to prefarm more. from their perspective making more people more willing to roll on new characters is a goodt hing, there's no benefit to blocking off progression of them. so again, i really doubt sumeru will be that hardwalled. and if they did block off sumeru theyd also be blocking off an entire element.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Coolness Averted posted:

But I also know any catchup mechanic or say ability to trade earlier zones farmables for later ones basically just guarantees more established players will instantly max new stuff when it drops.

Which shouldn't even be a problem and I hate that these companies think this way. "Oh no, the players that have already sunk hundreds of hours into our game are only gonna play for 50 hours this patch instead of another 100, what are we gonna do!!!!"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

As someone who played barely through Monstad at launch and then came back recently I'd like to see them do something about the way characters require mats from their specific area which is locked behind story progression.
It sucks when the game says "congrats on getting that fun character you just got from the banner! Oh too bad they're stuck capped at level 20 until you've advanced the story 20 more hours!"

Yeah I have no idea what they're thinking with the long-term ramifications of this. It'll just become more and more ridiculous as new areas are added, until newer players can't level up their characters until they've put like 100 more hours into the game.

It's less of an issue in other gacha games because they don't have the same "adventure rank" element limiting progress. You don't have to put in a zillion hours just to reach the content that drops new materials, but it's different in Genshin, where you need a higher enough AR to access things.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

yeah but sumeru isnt through the chasm, there's other ways through.

idk, itd feel very lame and random to block it off and my point with the chasm thing is theyre clearly aware of the issue and want people to be able to prefarm more. from their perspective making more people more willing to roll on new characters is a goodt hing, there's no benefit to blocking off progression of them. so again, i really doubt sumeru will be that hardwalled. and if they did block off sumeru theyd also be blocking off an entire element.

It would be wild if the only route to sumeru WAS through the chasm.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm just excited to find out what structure in Sumeru you'll be able to see over the horizon from any nation

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm just excited to find out what structure in Sumeru you'll be able to see over the horizon from any nation

Changing the horizon is nifty. Even if what they chose to put in it is odd.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/waxjh9/30_alternate_sprint_change/

Why yes please as an Ayaka main I welcome this fix

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Endorph posted:

if we're tlaking about new players than the best units in the game are razor, kaeya, and barbara because you can just click barbara's e, click kaeya's q, and autoattack your way to ar45 and spiral abyss floor 9
Thank you for this. As a completely new player, this was really helpful. The variety of builds and combos and stuff is overwhelming at first. This is a lot more fun than the stuff I was running around with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

np, glad youre enjoying it.

if you wanna optimize it, make sure barbara's using a 3* weapon called the thrilling tales of dragon slayers. it gives hp which increases her healing, and the attack buff it gives to the person she switches into is significant enough that it gets used even at top-end play, so be sure to hold onto a copy of one (preferably use duplicate copies of it to refine it up to max, too). most 3* weapons are pretty bad longterm but that one is extremely good.

and if youre unsure who to put in the 4th slot, if you have a second cyro unit cyro resonance gives a bunch of free crit. (resonance is a bonus you get for having two characters of the same element in the party,) and if you have a second electro unit electro resonance can help razor keep his burst up on cooldown since it gives more meter. hydro resonance is pretty bad rn though, it just gives more healing and barbara already heals enough. dont worry about artifacts or anything, just slap whatever gladiator/berserker pieces you get onto razor, and everyone else can use whatever scraps you have laying around

besides that its pretty fire and forget.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Endorph posted:

You can just do Bennett/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Kazuha and quick swap between them. the 'on field dps' can just be benny mashing his tap e.

I wish I could do this, but I have neither Bennett nor Xingqiu yet.

I'm probably going to do ~30 pulls on Yoimiya's banner just for the chance of pulling a Bennett -- I'm at basically 0 pity and no guarantee, but I definitely wouldn't mind pulling a Yoimiya if I randomly get lucky. Going to save the rest of my pulls to guarantee Zhongli.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they wall sumeru, it's prob because of performance concerns with older phones/last gen consoles

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Needing a fully kitted out Ameno character to full-clear today's Diluc stage is pretty mean.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

:bisonyes:

Hoping this means no more getting stuck on stairs. And please let Sayu get over bumps as well

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/UniversoGenshi2/status/1553084521184116738

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Changing the horizon is nifty. Even if what they chose to put in it is odd.

I think it actually just renders stuff that far away? So you can basically see anything that you would actually have a line of sight to.

Justin_Brett posted:

Needing a fully kitted out Ameno character to full-clear today's Diluc stage is pretty mean.

Xiao helped a lot with this. Used another team I haven't used before - Xiao, Raiden, Fischl, Kazuha (no healer or shield, since you can fortunately use food and I can generally avoid most damage for the limited span of the round).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

:bisonyes:

Hoping this means no more getting stuck on stairs. And please let Sayu get over bumps as well

She was one of the ones shown to be tweaked yeah. It mainly effects Ayaka, Mona, Yelan and Sayu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I wish I could do this, but I have neither Bennett nor Xingqiu yet.

I'm probably going to do ~30 pulls on Yoimiya's banner just for the chance of pulling a Bennett -- I'm at basically 0 pity and no guarantee, but I definitely wouldn't mind pulling a Yoimiya if I randomly get lucky. Going to save the rest of my pulls to guarantee Zhongli.
if nothin else xingqiu will be in the monthly shop in september, so try and save starglitter for that.

who do you have, incidentally, if you want advice on a second team?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The boss you have to kill to get Kazuha's ascend mats is really loving annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I never learned how to actually dodge that marionette guy's attacks, I just wave Zhongli in its general direction and then rub my face against it until it's dead