Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

when i first got tank (my tiny tortie), she was immediately fearless and chased my 15lbs hugecat (not fat just huge) and corgi around. they were both terrified of this teeny kitten. two days later i saw bigcat grooming her and i knew we were set.

cats are so strange
Big cat will yell at the kitten for chasing him but then immediately turn around and get ready to chase him again
I guess it's all just setting boundaries for them so I'm trying to just let them feel it out and only put the kitten back in base camp when it seems like big cat is really done with him for the time being but I guess conflict is also just part of them figuring things out

Mr. Nice! posted:

here is lil miss beep

i’m rubbing her belly right now.

i call tank the tortie lil miss beep, beeper, my lil dinosaur, etc because she doesn’t so much meow and make lil beeps or dinosaur screeches.

A grand cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
my large cat is named hector molina.

he’s medium hair and like 15 lbs so he’s just big and sheds everywhere. he’s almost exactly twice as large as tank, but she still wins fights, especially when she has the high ground.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
tank is still at the back window and is chirping something fierce at an animal outside of it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my large adult cat

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

mornin' :coffee:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/bkergin/status/1552760072576438272?s=21&t=D0XmFJfX8ZBYsUA1a2feqA

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a.lo posted:

my large adult cat

someone is jelly

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Plinkey posted:

someone is jelly

I don't know if a.lo is ready for the responsibility of a cat yet

maybe start him off with a goldfish or an ant farm

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a.lo you realize cats are like free

just grab one

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Nice, ty

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't know if a.lo is ready for the responsibility of a cat yet

maybe start him off with a goldfish or an ant farm

good point

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/hourly_shitpost/status/1553153413806018561

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

a.lo posted:

my large adult cat

he really is big. a few nights ago i had one of my recurring insomnia nights. my particular form of insomnia is waking up between 1-3am and then being unable to fall back asleep until after five. this is very reminiscent of navy watch schedules which i’m sure is partly to blame.

while i was catching up on the final chapter of gene takovic, i looked over to see all of my animals had migrated with me to the front room. they were waiting on me to go back to bed before they could. this includes my chonky corg getting out of his kennel and coming in to join us.

the corgo is 36 lbs. hector is 15ish, and tank is right at eight.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

he really is big. a few nights ago i had one of my recurring insomnia nights. my particular form of insomnia is waking up between 1-3am and then being unable to fall back asleep until after five. this is very reminiscent of navy watch schedules which i’m sure is partly to blame.

while i was catching up on the final chapter of gene takovic, i looked over to see all of my animals had migrated with me to the front room. they were waiting on me to go back to bed before they could. this includes my chonky corg getting out of his kennel and coming in to join us.

the corgo is 36 lbs. hector is 15ish, and tank is right at eight.

pepper sits like this also, its cute

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

look at those beasties

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

For instant sleep, pack a bowl with hash sandwiched in the middle and rip it out of a bong

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

when i first got tank (my tiny tortie), she was immediately fearless and chased my 15lbs hugecat (not fat just huge) and corgi around. they were both terrified of this teeny kitten. two days later i saw bigcat grooming her and i knew we were set.

gently caress yeah hugecat crew

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so some of you have gotten a kitten while already having a cat? interesting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CODChimera posted:

gently caress yeah hugecat crew

here he is in my lap trying to get me to stop posting. he’s a wise cat.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Would

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

cats like having friends mostly

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CODChimera posted:

hector moved into my carport at my old house when he was just under three months old (and already over 5lbs!). he likely came from a nearby feral colony because there are other such large male cats that live in the wooded areas nearby.

one of my ex-gfs years ago fostered cats. one in particular was pregnant, and gave birth while i was over there. tank was the smallest of the three kittens born and the mom was so busy with the other two that we had to pop her amniotic sack otherwise she would have suffocated. when she closed in on two months old and got fixed, i decided i'd take her home and see how she got along with the big cat and the doggo.

now she and hector are thick as thieves, and she nuzzles the corgi often much to his chagrin. every time we come back inside from a walk or a trip somewhere she greets us at the door and nuzzes his chest a bit.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

our cat used to make these cute like meeps and beeps more often but now in his old age just does these truly frightening reeeeeee noises. this corresponds with putting him in a diet cause he's a fat cat getting slim.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

lumpentroll posted:

cats like having friends mostly

yeah. some cats are strictly solo types, but generally speaking cats like having a companion.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

walking into the kitchen

reeeeee

meep

reeeeeeeeeeeeee *headbutts ankle*

meep

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

yeah. some cats are strictly solo types, but generally speaking cats like having a companion.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/SteveBH_/status/1553231223002402817

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/JustinWhang/status/1553095257860063232

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/KenMcGraw/status/1553136967419846657?t=9oj3hKXNK3Q1SXzpRPsi7A&s=19

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

oof

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what movie is this

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

a.lo posted:

what movie is this

Dune

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DunEifel

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

🤌

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nice sets of posts my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/MemriTV_fan2/status/1552096442734596097