Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

wow, it was around for less time than I even expected. They really didn't plan on keeping it around

Looks like they used the 1.4T but that's hardly a proper performance option https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dart_(PF)#Engines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Does that 300 have the Uconnect4?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sergio dying also contributed to ended the Dart, imo.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dort

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
mort

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Pre-K Bikini Carwash posted:

Vsport fam :hfive: It's such a massively fun car, emphasis on massive. I've had mine for just about a year and I'm still floored by how good it feels in hard cornering. It's more fun to throw around than my 500 Abarth was.

Yeah it's pretty silly how well it handles for such a large car. I may have to try taking it to the track at some point, though I've read it has serious brake fade issues. Hardly surprising for a 4,000 lb car. I think it's a perfect daily driver. Comfortable, roomy and able to scare the poo poo out of your passengers on an onramp.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah it's pretty silly how well it handles for such a large car. I may have to try taking it to the track at some point, though I've read it has serious brake fade issues. Hardly surprising for a 4,000 lb car. I think it's a perfect daily driver. Comfortable, roomy and able to scare the poo poo out of your passengers on an onramp.

That sounds perfect for me.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Darchangel posted:

That sounds perfect for me.

If you can find one near you to test drive check it out. I had originally planned to get an ATS-V instead but they're about 6-8k more for similar year/mileage and after driving the V-sport it was good enough that I changed my mind. I wanted a 2017+ specifically because that's when they added android auto. Downside is the 2017+ cars are exceedingly rare with less than 700 produced. There were only about 4,400 V-sports made in total.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Arrived this afternoon (shipper dropped it in the driveway about 10 seconds before my wife got home from work, hence the crowded driveway)

I'm a huge fan of this splash screen

Needs the timing belt replaced (I knew this when I bought it); getting that done next week. The bumper's been resprayed kinda poorly, looks better in the photo than in real life and somewhat masked by bugs it acquired on the ride here. The rear glass doesn't stay up well by itself when opened separately from the tailgate. I will want to put a trailer hitch on it. There's various little bits of minor interior wear (button labels worn, a few little unimportant bits of broken plastic not immediately visible).

But other than that, it's in great condition. V8, air suspension, locking rear (and center) diff. My wife is excited about the heated steering wheel.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

For those of us in the doomer-rustbelt-peanut-gallery, how is the corrosion

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Enjoy:

Steve French fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 27, 2022

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

This is what my Mazda looked like after two PA winters

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Steve French posted:

Touareg content

more B7 RS4 content please

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah your rear suspension is ready to rust through #unsafeatanyspeed

Tangentially related, do any custom/kit builds utilize the Tourareg rear suspension subframe. That seems abnormally cookie cutter for all sorts of projects but I'm not seeing anything immediately on Google, also looks laughably easy to add a 1" "lift kit" to the rear with four hockey puck spacers and about an hour of garage time

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

loving Timeless. This photograph has quite possibly one of the largest time ranges it could have been taken in, in possibly the entire thread.

:perfect:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Car is long overdue for a solid wash

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Magnificent

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

GramCracker posted:

That looks great, all this time I've been doing it wrong, all my car washes are liquid.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GramCracker posted:

If I end up needing to swap my F-Type for something I can put my kid in, an RS3 is definitely on my list to check out. I love yours in green.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hospital parking garage is the new glamour shot location.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Hospital parking garage is the new glamour shot location.

So nice, so clean.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Mine isn't clean, but I liked how it looks even more with roof bars.

djhaloeight
Jan 23, 2007

techno mafia.

davecrazy posted:

Does that 300 have the Uconnect4?

Uconnect 4C with 8.4” screen. Uconnect is the best of all of the factory infotainment systems I’ve used. Very intuitive.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I really like how fast and responsive UConnect is. My 21 Corolla’s infotainment system takes a couple minutes to startup and it can be unresponsive at times.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Jeezus. I thought my '13 Accord was bad with its 3-5 seconds of audio latency

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bluetooth sucks poo poo at the best of times but manufacturers are of course buying in cheap bluetooth boards and then loving up the software that integrates it into the system. Car manufacturers suck poo poo at software at the best of times, that these systems work at all when cars are so full of chipsets from dozens of manufacturers is honestly incredible*.

*but obviously they should be doing better.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I guess I'm a dinosaur as I still use CDs in my cars. If I were to hook up a device for music I'd definitely connect wired so as to avoid Bluetooth compression.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Oh for sure. I have a VERY cheap Pioneer BT headunit in the Integra that is MAYBE a year newer than what the Accord has, but it's still faster and more useable. Even with just a basic segmented display.

Side note, I am glad Honda ditched the dual screens because they just kinda suck.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I guess I'm a dinosaur as I still use CDs in my cars. If I were to hook up a device for music I'd definitely connect wired so as to avoid Bluetooth compression.

I bought a mechless head unit and am just using a USB stick.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Are they still putting SD readers in new cars? My 2019 GTI lets me load a 256GB SD card full of FLAC in the glovebox, and then android auto / bluetooth covers streaming. Best of both worlds

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Mine isn't clean, but I liked how it looks even more with roof bars.

Having owned my E61 for 8 years now I’m very jealous of your, many years newer, BMW longroof.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

i use my cassette deck in my rx-7 but it has a bluetooth cassette in it lol

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

a bluetooth cassette

TECHNOLOGY HAS GONE TOO FAR

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i use my cassette deck in my rx-7 but it has a bluetooth cassette in it lol

does it have a battery? I can't imagine it gets power through the play head lol

edit: yep, at least one model does anyway

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 3, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

TECHNOLOGY HAS GONE TOO FAR

:getin:

Panty Saluter posted:

does it have a battery? I can't imagine it gets power through the play head lol

yeah it has a battery that charges with micro-usb, has about 4-5 hours of life, plus a little on/off switch so it doesn't get constantly drained. i usually prefer to listen to the engine/exhaust anyway, but when i want to listen to music it's nice to have

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
replying again to say: holy poo poo that avatar :kimchi:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bluetooth sucks poo poo at the best of times but manufacturers are of course buying in cheap bluetooth boards and then loving up the software that integrates it into the system. Car manufacturers suck poo poo at software at the best of times, that these systems work at all when cars are so full of chipsets from dozens of manufacturers is honestly incredible*.

*but obviously they should be doing better.

I've been using Bluetooth across multiple different cars and phone and have never had any issues - it's always just worked like it should even when I've had phones that were supposedly notorious for Bluetooth issues (Google Nexus)

The only time I've had serious problems is on my work laptop and headset which I'm pretty sure is more of a hardware issue with newer Intel Bluetooth chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Every time I've tried to use the plug-in smart charging ports on a modern car that attempt to force my phone to run some ugly busted rear end Android app I've regretted it, but my scosche btfm4 and my $20 Amazon Fosi Audio ZK-1002 Bluetooth class D stereo amp have both been great. My only complaint about the amp is that it has only two outputs so I can't do front/rear fade but honestly I only put them in single cab pickups so I just put the speakers in parallel (IIRC they're 8 ohm and the amp will run 4 ohm, or they're 4 and it'll run 2, I'm not sure) and forget about it... For $20 I really can't complain and it's plenty loud enough for me even on only 12V.