Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Zil posted:

Not sure I believe you.

One time I went to Wisconsin with the same friend to visit another NYC exile who lived there. We baked some lovely 10 commandment bread/cracker tablets and I dressed in a bathrobe and lovely devil horns and walked around smashing them on cow statues.

It was awesome.

Edit: I looked at the pictures and it was Bemidji MN, not Wisconsin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

could you imagine like you make some mistake driving that you are unaware of and the next you know someone is shooting a gun at you on i-95

So no one has mentioned it yet. The driver being shot at in that clip had a two year old child in the backseat.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

So no one has mentioned it yet. The driver being shot at in that clip had a two year old child in the backseat.

Very cool!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

2nd Amendment posted:

All my friends are from church or shul (they are cashews) and when we get together we play board games until we gender segregate and the men go outside and shoot guns."

:chloe:

2nd Amendment posted:

He had a friend that was close to my size (quite goonly) and I borrowed his tacticool gear and one of my friend's spare ARs. We walked about his little suburb and when we crossed the street he'd stand in front of cars and I'd knock on the driver's window and ask for a donation for "the cause". People would empty their wallets. Some were crying with happiness.

It was awesome.

:chloe::chloe::chloe::chloe::chloe:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I. M. Gei posted:

Because a bullet moves at the same speed falling down as it did going up.

Lol

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

I. M. Gei posted:

anyone who remembers projectile motion from their high school physics class can tell you FALLING BULLETS KILL PEOPLE. Because a bullet moves at the same speed falling down as it did going up.

Not quite, but fast enough to still be dangerous, sure.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I get the reasoning behind discouraging warning shots and non center-mass, i.e. if it's not a lethal threat, don't loving shoot.

Buuut in reality it seems that people just get executed instead. Like with tazers, they're supposed to use it instead of guns, but ends up being used instead of tackling unarmed suspects. OTOH, in many European countries, cops are allowed both warning and less-lethal shots, and end up murdering way fewer people.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

2nd Amendment posted:

I feel like people are more generous when you open carry. I visited a buddy of mine who transfered to Apple Austin during the Covid shutdown because I wanted to live normally. In his words, "Austin is the most liberal place in Texas but it is still Texas. All my friends are from church or shul (they are cashews) and when we get together we play board games until we gender segregate and the men go outside and shoot guns."

He had a friend that was close to my size (quite goonly) and I borrowed his tacticool gear and one of my friend's spare ARs. We walked about his little suburb and when we crossed the street he'd stand in front of cars and I'd knock on the driver's window and ask for a donation for "the cause". People would empty their wallets. Some were crying with happiness.

It was awesome.

whats a cashew?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

whats a cashew?

A type of nut.

naem
May 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Very cool!

it’s a christmas miracle

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

whats a cashew?

Nothing, What's a Cashew with you?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I also want to know what the gently caress is a cashew.

Tenkaris posted:

Not quite, but fast enough to still be dangerous, sure.

Okay yeah it's not literally the same speed, but it's close enough to still hurt someone or cause property damage.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
if only there were a site that cataloged slang terms

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cashew

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the source for this story: a toddler

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

butt dickus posted:

if only there were a site that cataloged slang terms

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cashew

No, I want 2nd Amendment to tell us what it means. I want 2nd Amendment to feel bad and sorry for expecting us all to magically know what a "cashew" is.

EDIT: And for possibly robbing people in their cars at gunpoint. Seriously I can't be the only one here who is weirded out by that part of the story.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 29, 2022

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Will somebody please explain what a cashew is already? I can't take the waiting.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that 2nd amendment post reads like a GPT-3 product

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

2nd Amendment posted:

I feel like people are more generous when you open carry. I visited a buddy of mine who transfered to Apple Austin during the Covid shutdown because I wanted to live normally. In his words, "Austin is the most liberal place in Texas but it is still Texas. All my friends are from church or shul (they are cashews) and when we get together we play board games until we gender segregate and the men go outside and shoot guns."

It was awesome.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"Cashew" is someone who is half jewish and half catholic, technically I am even one of such

As a cashew from Texas, I just want people to know, whatever we are it is not this, this is a caricature

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I love how everyone's response to that was just "wtf is a cashew?"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gesundheit

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Cashew deez nuts

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Vitamin Me posted:

Cashew deez nuts

lol got 'em

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
2nd Amendment is an odd gimmick account. I guess that means I've been trolled

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Vitamin Me posted:

Cashew deez nuts

Mods, can we change the thread name to
USA! USA! Cashew Deez Nuts
Please?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bananana posted:

Mods, can we change the thread name to
USA! USA!Cashew Deez Nuts
Please?

seconded

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/shabanianaram/status/1553096595641536512?s=21&t=4x43b-JTOK4lwbPYz4j3ag

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah, "warning shots" == "stray bullets" and that poo poo hurts bystanders. Note that this includes firing a gun straight up in the air, because anyone who remembers projectile motion from their high school physics class can tell you FALLING BULLETS KILL PEOPLE. Because a bullet moves at the same speed falling down as it did going up.

A possible exception to this is shotguns, although I think that depends on the size of the pellets you're firing.

This isn't true

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Falling bullets definitely kill people. Terminal velocity is plenty fast to kill someone, especially since they’re getting hit in the brain or neck most of the time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire#Falling-bullet_injuries

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

No. 6 posted:

This isn't true

This definitely true. It's happened a few times in my city. Always during the fourth of July or other periods when people like to fire their guns straight up in the air.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Unlike bullets shot directly into people

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So, guns are actually bad? Got it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

USA education so bad that they get defensive instead of realizing someone is criticizing their misunderstanding of physics and gravity.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

This definitely true. It's happened a few times in my city. Always during the fourth of July or other periods when people like to fire their guns straight up in the air.

They can still kill, but they do not maintain the same velocity they started with due to gravity, air pressure, drag, etc.

Unless they are fired in space, I guess.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It doesn't matter because they can still injure or kill. Terminal velocity really hurts when a sharp thing hits you.

Also confirming that in every ccw class in the land they absolutely teach you that dead men can't sue.

I've heard multiple cops teaching multiple classes explain why you should for sure kill the person so that they don't tell stories or sue you.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember that lady in Florida that fired a warning shot because her abusive husband was threatening her, then got thrown in jail for years for it. It would've been better for her to just blast him and claim self defense or castle doctrine or whatever

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

quote:

It is culturally accepted in parts of the Balkans,[1] Russia, the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Guatemala, Ethiopia, and Mexico, even where illegal.

lmfao and the us list still the longest. whats the twitter that reports US news like it's a 3rd world country

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember that lady in Florida that fired a warning shot because her abusive husband was threatening her, then got thrown in jail for years for it. It would've been better for her to just blast him and claim self defense or castle doctrine or whatever

Tell that to all the abused women currently in prison for the crime of being abused juuuuust a little too much

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I think castle doctrine only works if the person getting shot doesn't live there. So probably not in most domestic abuse situations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
EDIT: Never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
They tried to put me on a jury for a trial against someone who accidentally shot someone else with celebratory gunfire, but I was nullified when I expressed dislike of the cops for them not bothering to arrest for the guy who shot my uncle to death for years.