Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I mean, it’s one thing to say “I didn’t know” and then demand change and quite another to knowingly defend an organization that refuses to cut ties, socially or financially, with the people directly responsible for [INSERT GOLDMINED THREAD].

Sorry if that cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable for any of you. Maybe if you don’t want to be associated with a group that is being styled as the Groomswarm thanks to the leadership you should just quit the org or at least oust the leadership.
:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, it’s one thing to say “I didn’t know” and then demand change and quite another to knowingly defend an organization that refuses to cut ties, socially or financially, with the people directly responsible for [INSERT GOLDMINED THREAD].

Sorry if that cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable for any of you. Maybe if you don’t want to be associated with a group that is being styled as the Groomswarm thanks to the leadership you should just quit the org or at least oust the leadership.

In some ways you can look at GSF as a direct correlation to the USA. You're going to have some people who either support and defend the leadership no matter what happens. Or those who will decry and try and expose the malfeasance and corruption at the top. But there is a third group of people who are just apathetic. Those folks will just go about their Eve career not interested in politics as long as they can mindlessly rat, mine, or press F1 on fleets. And the third group are the majority of the organization. So long as they get what they want it doesn't matter how lovely the leadership is at the top.

triaxius
Mar 18, 2002

Dalael posted:

Hopefully Mittani is gone forever and the people who are left can start trying to unfuck things up.

Hopefully? Hope should have nothing to do with it and this is where GSF is loving up and why it deserves to continue to be scorned.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

In some ways you can look at GSF as a direct correlation to the USA. You're going to have some people who either support and defend the leadership no matter what happens. Or those who will decry and try and expose the malfeasance and corruption at the top. But there is a third group of people who are just apathetic. Those folks will just go about their Eve career not interested in politics as long as they can mindlessly rat, mine, or press F1 on fleets. And the third group are the majority of the organization. So long as they get what they want it doesn't matter how lovely the leadership is at the top.

Can everyone stop comparing video game club to ~The US Government~, ~Amazon, Inc~, and/or ~The Catholic Church~ as justifications for posters itt covering for said video game club's actual, real world harm and malfeasance?

It really is just a video game club and everyone's lives will be fine (better) if they just drop corp since the org and its leadership do not seem to want to change or even acknowledge wrongdoing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quarantine the topic into its own thread so groon/gandr can do their things.

This is essentially what happened when Darius JOHNSON came back to EVE and formed Ten Dollar Bond. There were enough posters from this forum split between groups to warrant a thread for each, which is fairly similar to this whole ordeal, because people couldn't stop slap fighting over anything for a long period of time.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 30, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
JOIN GOOSEFLEET TODAY

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
you can do what you wanted, at the same time I will just do what I want. you guys can call out entire GSF and label them whatever you wanted, but that doesn't make it the truth, full loving stop.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Zakrello posted:

you can do what you wanted, at the same time I will just do what I want. you guys can call out entire GSF and label them whatever you wanted, but that doesn't make it the truth, full loving stop.

lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zakrello posted:

Source

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Zakrello posted:

lmao

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
How about we stop posting about shitposting and post about this stupid loving game? Btw if you're fresh to wormhole space, the PI there is the best in the game, and with 16-20 planets you can make billions per month making P4's, if whatever hole you settled in has the proper spread of planets. If not, you can still likely get a good p3 setup rollin, but you'll also get an RSI from all the clicking... Bring yer icepacks. Check out https://hanns.io/pi to get a feeling for what you can make in your system

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Mederlock posted:

How about we stop posting about shitposting and post about this stupid loving game?

This isn't the time for radical ideas

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

xtothez posted:

It's too bad we don't get skillpoints for shitposting. Mandozer and Globby would be 200+ million SP already.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Was PI available to alpha clones at any point or am I mixing up phone eve and real eve?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Shortest Path posted:

Was PI available to alpha clones at any point or am I mixing up phone eve and real eve?

Not in the original version, no.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

NtotheTC posted:

Globby is angry because he came skipping into the thread with his own dank leaks about how he was totally being silenced by CCP. People didn't care enough so he got mad and did what globby does best which is to start lashing out so that someone will pay attention to him

he's a really great eve player though

idk why people think i'm angry, i think it's hilarious that almost no one that left played eve, or even had a clue on how to play eve

the pedophile and the harborer have been banned and removed from all leadership roles, and a new leader who had big personal problems with both those parties is now in control of everything. the new system for reporting harassment, racists, and shitbags is in place.

i think this is more than good enough :sun:

SHISHKABOB posted:

Very normal guy named 1001 Arabian dicks

it wasn't my choice of username, some noob changed it with an icon of a flopping hotdog

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

just post the dang ribs already

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Had a really great fleet a few nights back with asher fcing. I was flying scim in another cerb fleet. We’re fighting outnumbered ~3:2 against PL, NC., Horde, FI.RE. over another iHub. Just an incredible rush from being able to force them off-grid while (nearly) burning out our MWDs. It gets really hard to hold reps. I survived getting primaried but only because they hosed up and whipped their fleet around wrong or something and got out of range while shooting me. They leave grid a second time for whatever reason and we go home. I love flying my spaceships around.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rudeboy Detective posted:

just post the dang ribs already

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

Please stop. This is exactly what ppl have been complaining about and why idiots reasonable peoples like Bill come here to drive by bad post in an environmentally adaptive way.

I removed the projection from your post, but to your good point I wouldn't be here if this thread wasn't oozing from the infectious self-inflicted wounds of hypocritical disfranchising trends by the 10 active posters in here (yeah - the ones who haven't ever really played with the Goons that claim former affiliation with) against a literal community of 1000s of real people.

It's hilarious how Globby has better honest takes than 95% of you.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Maybe if you don’t want to be associated with a group that is being styled as the Groomswarm thanks to the leadership you should just quit the org or at least oust the leadership.

It's starting to amuse me that our alliance recently turned 16, and you've spent the whole month trying to gently caress Goonswarm.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

"i'm not mad," he says, punching a hole in the wall. "you're the one that's mad," he continues, sweep-kicking a small child to the ground. "actually," he grunts, throwing his laptop at a nearby pedestrian, "i think it's pretty funny"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I removed the projection from your post, but to your good point I wouldn't be here if this thread wasn't oozing from the infectious self-inflicted wounds of hypocritical disfranchising trends by the 10 active posters in here (yeah - the ones who haven't ever really played with the Goons that claim former affiliation with) against a literal community of 1000s of real people.

It's hilarious how Globby has better honest takes than 95% of you.

That's exactly what i said. You're like a fly moving from one pile of poo poo to another. Once the stink from here dies down we wont have to deal with you again, you'll just find another discord to be demodded or banned from.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Hey genius, just because thousands of people are happy to ignore problems doesn't make their community magically good.

The reason people are not satisfied that GSF is salvageable isn't because of 'playing the game less', it's because the policies of the last month do not instil faith that the organisation will be a good place to be in the future. If it takes the likes of Delta Squad losing their poo poo publicly for anything to be done about The Mittani, what will it take for something to be done next time? Will the people who speak up then also get banned? Will people avoid speaking up at all because hey, I don't want to get airlocked, better to just keep my head down and let the <insert bigot of choice here> do the boring space job while I avoid them?

Actions speak louder than words, and the actions taken so far all point to 'we would prefer whistleblowers just be quiet thanks'. There sure are a lot of words about how the actions definitely don't mean that though!

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Vando posted:

The reason people are not satisfied that GSF is salvageable isn't because of 'playing the game less', it's because the policies of the last month do not instil faith that the organisation will be a good place to be in the future. If it takes the likes of Delta Squad losing their poo poo publicly for anything to be done about The Mittani, what will it take for something to be done next time? Will the people who speak up then also get banned? Will people avoid speaking up at all because hey, I don't want to get airlocked, better to just keep my head down and let the <insert bigot of choice here> do the boring space job while I avoid them?

I think the last whistleblowers are still banned lmao

this poor, persecuted megacoalition. you need to go easy on them, it's hard to do what this perpetually dying site accomplished in like a week with ten mods

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I played EVE online, a bad game, from my boat today :toot:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kazinsal posted:

but see that's a whole two weeks in which we could have been harassing people in bonus rooms in easily the sketchiest loving poo poo this side of Xenuria himself

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

In some ways you can look at GSF as a direct correlation to the USA.

Yo, it's really easy to quit a video game guild.

Leaving a country is far more disruptive, what with family and career ties.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 30, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mederlock posted:

How about we stop posting about shitposting and post about this stupid loving game? Btw if you're fresh to wormhole space, the PI there is the best in the game, and with 16-20 planets you can make billions per month making P4's, if whatever hole you settled in has the proper spread of planets. If not, you can still likely get a good p3 setup rollin, but you'll also get an RSI from all the clicking... Bring yer icepacks. Check out https://hanns.io/pi to get a feeling for what you can make in your system

I would have made absolute bank if I'd remembered to fit a gas scoop today

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

If you think Goosefleet’s killboard is funny now just wait until I start losing all the faction fit ships I brought into the hole.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

xtothez posted:

Did you kick and ban mittani yet

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Eyud posted:

If you think Goosefleet’s killboard is funny now just wait until I start losing all the faction fit ships I brought into the hole.

Or my marauders/orca. Lol. I'm gonna lose so much poo poo.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Or my marauders/orca. Lol. I'm gonna lose so much poo poo.

I am training small hybrid turret II, get ready eve world.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the pedophile and the harborer have been banned and removed from all leadership roles, and a new leader who had big personal problems with both those parties is now in control of everything. the new system for reporting harassment, racists, and shitbags is in place.

i think this is more than good enough :sun:

i'm not installing eve to check myself did they actually remove mittani from poo poo finally per this claim or no

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

learnincurve posted:

I would have made absolute bank if I'd remembered to fit a gas scoop today

Hit me up in game I have like 20 in station.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

atelier morgan posted:

i'm not installing eve to check myself did they actually remove mittani from poo poo finally per this claim or no

Eve who dot com

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

squirrelzipper posted:

It's so weird. Just keep being gobby in GSF. Noone's taking that from you. You can still do that. I'm sorry you feel so threatened by a group of people who are going to ride bikes around in EVE. You should maybe think about what that means?

One of our rules is literally "no sov." We aren't a threat to anything pubbieswarm wants to do in the game. In fact, we explicitly reject that goal as a valid path for our corp to take. That he's having a freakout over us deciding to play an entirely different part of the game suggests some deep seated control issues tbh.

hailthefish posted:

globby kumitomo here to tell the people having fun that their metrics aren't good enough

LMAO

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ugh fine

looking like a big 'the harborer has not been banned' on account of mittani still being in gw right now

1001 lying dicks

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Mittens was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for the Imperium. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the Imperium. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Asher start making Goons 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Vilgan posted:

Mittens was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for the Imperium. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the Imperium. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Asher start making Goons 3.0.

there's nothing vindictive about wanting mittani to be removed in the exact same fashion as any other banning in the history of the organization lmao

certainly for me, not playing this terrible game, its also the only actual visible metric of whether he's been removed at all. its not like being thrown out of gw at the same time you get chucked from services is somehow novel