Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Frank Frank posted:

So do you think Jones actually bought his own hype or does he still know it’s all bullshit and has to double down as infinitum?

You are not understanding Alex Jones correctly. Facts are irrelevant - it doesn't matter it was fake and no one died, or if the government mind controlled the shooter to kill real kids, or it was a "prozac head" on the globalist's drugs to make us all docile while they herd us into camps. He says all of these things and can think about them equally without contradiction because Alex's actual belief is that whatever happened can be blamed on the globalists and fearmongered to be about taking guns and how you need to buy his supplements. It's not that he believes or doesn't believe any of it, it just literally doesn't matter to him what the truth is.

Piell fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Frank Frank posted:

So do you think Jones actually bought his own hype or does he still know it’s all bullshit and has to double down as infinitum?

My take on this is that it ultimately doesn't matter because he definitely knows that his listeners believe it and often act on the poo poo he says. I don't think he actually believes most of it though. He has like a handful of core ideologies and everything else is whatever best fits his story of the day that might get people to buy more pills and survival food. I think ex-Infowars Employees have even said he probably voted for Obama because it was better for business.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

It’s astounding how casually evil these people are. Owen in particular seems like someone who is totally aware of his actions but is far too much of a coward to admit to anything.

He denies calling the dad a liar because you know, the word liar was never technically used but then you see the footage from the episode and he’s saying the father CLAIMS to have seen his child’s corpse but….did he really?

I hate these dishonest mind games and I truly hope these people eat poo poo.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Scam Likely posted:

I like this summary of AJ's schtick:

"Look at what Alex is doing. He's got an inaccurate piece of information he doesn't fully understand, and he's using that lack of knowledge on his part to insist there MUST be a conspiracy. Because of this incorrect information there are two possibilities: Either the government did this or they're covering up who did because they let it happen. There isn't a third possibility to him that he ever considers, and that is almost alway the correct one; that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's wrong.

This is the same poo poo with his Sandy Hook stuff. All of it was based on incorrect information that he'd decided to accept as true so that he could claim there were anomolies with the shooting that would justify him calling it a false flag so he could pretend that the Government was using mass shootings to push gun control. He's kind of a one trick pony and that one trick is being wrong."

Knowledge Fight episode #707 at 1:19:00

I think that’s actually giving Jones too much credit. Like, the idea that he made a decision to select (false) information that benefited him... I believe he’s pathologically incapable of that kind of decision-making process.

What we’ve seen in this trial is, I think, largely reflective of Jones’ genuine belief that the unscripted free-associative rant is the world’s only form of unbiased communication. Doing any fact-checking or whatever would make him beholden to some kind of academic or journalistic standards - and that would put him under the domain of the entities that established those standards in the first place. Ethics, or even basic morals, are the domain of the “globalists”, so he reflexively cannot operate in those terms.

This means, strictly speaking, that Jones doesn’t actually believe anything. He never reaches that point, maxing out with a pleasurable logorrhoea.

We’ve seen this reflected in his subordinates, like the hideously-bearded Owen guy who was - on camera - laughing with delight at the mere fact that he was spreading a conspiracy theory. It felt good. It felt liberating - even though he hadn’t actually read what he was talking about. That part didn’t matter.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It's a cliche, but the apposite quote here is always Vonneguts "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be".

By all accounts, Anne Coulter totally started as a grift. But you can't say that stuff all week, then reset your brain from your stored backup at the weekend.

You start saying that poo poo, you start thinking that poo poo, you start believing that poo poo.

And that's before you factor in the massive positive reinforcement from all the praise and money and fame these people have gotten from their positions.

AJ is 100% a true believer and has been for years, regardless of how he started.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Elderbean posted:

It’s astounding how casually evil these people are. Owen in particular seems like someone who is totally aware of his actions but is far too much of a coward to admit to anything.

He denies calling the dad a liar because you know, the word liar was never technically used but then you see the footage from the episode and he’s saying the father CLAIMS to have seen his child’s corpse but….did he really?

This is really what gets to me. The casual awareness that what they are doing negatively affects people, but because they mince their words juuuust enough (usually) they can get away with it. I don't know how people do that and still live with themselves at the end of the day.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

years ago AJ admitted in court that's he's playing a character so they wouldn't take his kids

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Or he took his lawyers advice to pretend that for the purpose of the custody hearing.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

yeah idk if it means anything but his cultists just ignored it like all objective reality

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The custody hearing is literaly the origin of the memory deleting chili memes.

Also again puppet master conman doing it for money, power, whatever, VS true believer is a classroom debate that doesnt really matter until they person is dead or in jail/de powered/ de platformed, etc. If they still doing their act or not act, they're still adding more evil/bullshit into the world.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 30, 2022

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

Or he took his lawyers advice to pretend that for the purpose of the custody hearing.

He tells his moron base that he has multiple rolex watches because he must pretend to look like a demon rich person. 99% of what he does he does knowing full well what he's doing. I believe there's a tiny part of it he believes, but its a tiny part. You can easily justify bullshitting your base - as I assume he and tucker carlson and the rest of fox do - by reasoning that they are telling lies to steer the idiot masses towards a greater good for the nation they're incapable of comprehending any other way. Rich people good, strong, poor people angry, don't know any better. Tell them a little story and they'll vote the right way and everyone "wins", even in spite of themselves. These people don't actually sit around twirling their moustaches and congratulating each other on being diabolical. Its not Disney. Its nice to think people you're opposed to are cowardly, or evil or stupid or deluded, but....they're probably no more any of those things than you or I.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Flinger posted:

years ago AJ admitted in court that's he's playing a character so they wouldn't take his kids

Doesn't this immediately destroy any arguments that he's crazy, he's just a fool, he's been duped etc?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PhazonLink posted:

The custody hearing is literaly the origin of the memory deleting chili memes.

I know that we don't under any circumstances gotta hand it to 'em, but that must've been a drat good chili.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I bet you Alex Jones’ chili is spicy but in a “this is the sensation of spice and zero flavor” way

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Elderbean posted:

"Evil is unspectacular and always human, and shares our bed and eats at our own table."

W.H. Auden

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

wit posted:

Its nice to think people you're opposed to are cowardly, or evil or stupid or deluded, but....they're probably no more any of those things than you or I.

gently caress that, I'm for sure more smarter than alex jones.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I thought he was just a lying grifter before Knowledge Fight, now I'm of the opinion he genuinely believes crazy poo poo, but the exact way it comes out of his mouth changes constantly because he also lies constantly and is incapable of controlling it. He's also running a scam and is aware of that, which is part of why he makes an effort at avoiding his fans at all times because he understands anyone listening to him is a dipshit nutjob and there's nothing in it for him to tolerate them. It's an inseparable melange of true believer and horseshit and neither of them really exists on its own.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

I bet you Alex Jones’ chili is spicy but in a “this is the sensation of spice and zero flavor” way

alex jones is the embodiment of whitness so yeah probably

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

I thought he was just a lying grifter before Knowledge Fight, now I'm of the opinion he genuinely believes crazy poo poo, but the exact way it comes out of his mouth changes constantly because he also lies constantly and is incapable of controlling it. He's also running a scam and is aware of that, which is part of why he makes an effort at avoiding his fans at all times because he understands anyone listening to him is a dipshit nutjob and there's nothing in it for him to tolerate them. It's an inseparable melange of true believer and horseshit and neither of them really exists on its own.

You gotta analyze him on a case by case basis because yeah he’s a grifter, but he’s also batshit loco bircher-bred-and-born. They’re not opposing ideas, so each individual act of crazy has at least some of both ; he’s like a taijing of right wing death cult beliefs.

Just like he’s both very stupid and also evil as poo poo.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I believe that Alex Jones is a right wing shithead whose ideology is just slightly more moderate than the turner diaries.

Independently of that, somewhere during his 30 years if grifting he has completely lost any concept of what truth is or why it matters. To him it's just s cynical rhetorical game, partially also because he believes it is like that for his imagined opponents. I genuinely believe that he cannot anymore emphasize with people who want to know the truth of anything, or understand why they would even want to.

As a result I'm half inclined to believe him when he expresses that he feels like he is in a kangaroo court. His shithead Ideology aside he feels persecuted because he believes everyone acts like him.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Imagine living inside of a Twitter slap fight. That is the purgatory AJ exists in.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

As a result I'm half inclined to believe him when he expresses that he feels like he is in a kangaroo court. His shithead Ideology aside he feels persecuted because he believes everyone acts like him.

It's also important to realize that anything that happens in court without him there he is absolutely not watching and is just being told what he wants to hear by his lawyers and sycophants. Alex never looks into anything, especially anything that could be bad for him. Anyone in this thread who has been watching the streams has a much clearer view of what is happening than he does.

Fentry fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 31, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jones has filed the notice of bankruptcy in the CT case meaning the judge there has lost jurisdiction before she could rule on the cross-claim and right before jury selection began next week.

Here it is if you wanna see: https://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=23251339

Per their word, they have not filed the same in the TX case.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Scam Likely posted:

I like this summary of AJ's schtick:

"Look at what Alex is doing. He's got an inaccurate piece of information he doesn't fully understand, and he's using that lack of knowledge on his part to insist there MUST be a conspiracy. Because of this incorrect information there are two possibilities: Either the government did this or they're covering up who did because they let it happen. There isn't a third possibility to him that he ever considers, and that is almost alway the correct one; that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's wrong.

This is the same poo poo with his Sandy Hook stuff. All of it was based on incorrect information that he'd decided to accept as true so that he could claim there were anomolies with the shooting that would justify him calling it a false flag so he could pretend that the Government was using mass shootings to push gun control. He's kind of a one trick pony and that one trick is being wrong."

Knowledge Fight episode #707 at 1:19:00

I thought it was a hoot that their recent episodes where they review what his show was like on 9/11 revealed that a) the day’s special guest was Joe Rogan and b) Rogan got exasperated with Jones for saying he was 98% sure the EU had done it in order to weaken the dollar against the newly-launched Euro, and finally said something like “Alex, you’re my friend, but you know what your problem is? You can never just say you don’t know what’s going on.” And that’s why everything is a globalist conspiracy: because that way you can always say you know what’s going on.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones has filed the notice of bankruptcy in the CT case meaning the judge there has lost jurisdiction before she could rule on the cross-claim and right before jury selection began next week.

Here it is if you wanna see: https://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=23251339

Per their word, they have not filed the same in the TX case.

This doesn't sound like a good indicator that this is the reality in which Alex Jones' final moments are spent in the driving rain, drunk on malt liquor, penniless, and as the aneurysm destined to kill him finally bursts the last thing he sees is two male frogs loving in the storm ditch that was his post litigation home.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fabulousity posted:

This doesn't sound like a good indicator that this is the reality in which Alex Jones' final moments are spent in the driving rain, drunk on malt liquor, penniless, and as the aneurysm destined to kill him finally bursts the last thing he sees is two male frogs loving in the storm ditch that was his post litigation home.

Well, we don't know yet. A lot of questions will be answered on Monday morning, but unfortunately there isn't anything in front of the bankruptcy judge calling it a bad faith filing yet and I don't think anyone gets that filed before Monday morning.

Getting the judgment against Jones has always just been half the fight. Collecting the judgment is going to be another long arduous process.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Holy poo poo that was a gross exchange after the prosecution listed upcoming witnesses.

Prosecution: *lists witnesses*
Defense: I was hoping you'd bring Ms Kelly (because I want to ogle your witnesses)
Prosecution: I could get her, I don't think you'd want that.
Defense: That was an attempt at humor btw.

gently caress that poo poo forever.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Puke posted:

Holy poo poo that was a gross exchange after the prosecution listed upcoming witnesses.

Defense: I was hoping you'd bring Ms Kelly (because I want to ogle your witnesses)

yeah i hope the defense is getting paid well because this is the last job they're getting

ah who am i kidding this dudes gonna make $5 million doing ambulance chaser ads on local tv

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Does anyone have the timestamp when they the jury gets to ask Owen questions? No worries if not! I just want to laugh again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Deptfordx posted:

at this point i think alex jones listening to his lawyers is less plausible than most things on project camelot

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He doesn't hire lawyers to give him advice. He hires people to be yes men and do what he wants. this is at least part of the reason why his options for lawyers are limited to the very small pool of info warriors who have passed the bar.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also why this is like, the fifth legal team he’s gone through during these cases

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Cat Puke posted:

Well that's a fair read but wasn't mine on the moment. The old guy sounded like he was saying "you would bring that radiant being into this?" as if she was too famous/tangential/much of a joke accusation to include. Secretly I saw it as "you have the nail for our coffin on your list? That's way too on the nose"

But probably more about rich blonde lady

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Akex going to testify? He has to at some point. That shits goong to be wild

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think it's unlikely that he will testify but he might have that Trump instinct that makes him think if he can just get up there and do his thing it would fix it.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is Akex going to testify? He has to at some point. That shits goong to be wild

He can’t be forced to testify.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Automatic Slim posted:

He can’t be forced to testify.

It's a civil case, sure he can.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
He’s married to his ego and can’t be forced to testify against it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's loving bullshit AJ pulled this bankruptcy schtick and took away my fun time circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Y'all declaring victory for Alex Jones more often than Alex Jones is