Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Vilgan posted:

Mittens was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for the Imperium. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the Imperium. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Asher start making Goons 3.0.

He's not supposed to be stepping down peacefully on his own terms, he's supposed to be being forcibly removed as a consequence of his wrongdoings as a leadership figure while the organization formally severs ties with him and his legacy.

The fact that this or anything like it hasn't happened yet implies that either leadership doesn't think his actions were serious enough to warrant any kind of formal response, or they are afraid that he has too much support of among the line members to risk publicly denouncing him (or both). Either of these are serious problems for people who don't like the kind of culture he fostered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Vilgan posted:

Lowtax was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for Something Awful. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the website. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the community. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Jeffery start making Goons 3.0.

:munch:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The 'groomswarm has changed' discussions can start *after* Mittani has been actually removed and amnesty for the whistleblowers. Until then it's all just empty words.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this is the most creative definition of disavowed anyone has ever used

not even removed from the corp lol

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Vilgan posted:

For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

please remember that this is the same guy recorded as saying this about someone being sexually harassed:

a leader for a long time who put a lot of energy into trying to maintain THE EMPIRE posted:

(5:18:02 PM) The Mittani: this has been going on for months and this bitch can't find a block button and is sending us walls of goddamned text, and when the entire directorate goes over the complaint - loving PAGES of words - and we don't have anything other then he said she said breakup bullshit

like, never mind that you're saying "the person who allowed this shouldn't be removed from my group's community because he has seniority and sweated a lot" - you're saying that there's a decent amount of people in GSF that are okay with poo poo like this if it's coming from some dude they like. like enough that they're a potential schism risk for GSF officers that want to prevent this from happening again

do you really want to be in a group with people like that?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

It's too bad we don't get skillpoints for shitposting. Mandozer and Globby would be 200+ million SP already.

The gently caress? Did CCP remove a lot of SP at some point? I broke 200m SP before I won eve years ago, I had assumed everyone is running around with 400m+ nowadays.

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 30, 2022

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I have under 45m across all my characters lmao.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Rudeboy Detective posted:

become gnome

return to forest (syndicate)

ezpz

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

BigPaddy posted:

Hit me up in game I have like 20 in station.

oh I'm in Jita in a scanning cloaky venture now, +2 on the built in stabs for the inevitable 47 jumps though low back to the nest

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Spice World War II posted:

The gently caress? Did CCP remove a lot of SP at some point? I broke 200m SP before I won eve years ago, I had assumed everyone is running around with 400m+ nowadays.

please stop quoting people on my block list tia

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Vilgan posted:

Mittens was pretty much the entire reason I left, and seeing him gone is a huge leap forward for the Imperium. However, I don't get the kick/ban thing. I don't see that happening. For all his faults, the guy has been the leader for a long time and put a lot of energy into trying to maintain the empire. He then initiated a peaceful transfer of power on his way out and I assume has a decent amount of people who still think well of him.

Vengefully kicking isn't the right thing to do imo. Not only would it rub a lot of people the wrong way, but you risk him getting motivated and starting his own thing which could fracture the Imperium. Let him drift away in inactivity and let Asher start making Goons 3.0.

anyone rubbed the wrong way by it can and should get hosed

and lots of people including myself put a lot of time and energy into the imperium; him deciding to not go gently caress goons on the way out is not winning him brownie points either, I don't thank the chef at the local country-style chicken restauraunt for not giving me salmonella

Good Dumplings posted:

I think the last whistleblowers are still banned lmao

this poor, persecuted megacoalition. you need to go easy on them, it's hard to do what this perpetually dying site accomplished in like a week with ten mods

they are still blacklisted lmao

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vilgan posted:

Stop thinking that "avoiding fracturing the Imperium" is essential! Ideally you would try not to, but if there are truly *that many* Mittens diehards that this is a risk, you are going to have to fracture the Imperium to get rid of them, they're not going to change their attitude just by ignoring them and hoping it goes away.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

zero chance of this happening

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Yeah, in fact it's even more weird this isn't happening when 'strong arm tactics to quell unrest' is the reasoning behind no mercy for Delta. It just makes it look like certain things are always going to be accepted (whether that's because of direct agreement or because keeping the supply of F1ing bodies is seen as more important is irrelevant) and that bringing it up is the real problem.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

TEST's poo poo is on fire :sun:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
guys please stop you need to understand how important the institution of mittanis media empire is in this dead mmo please won’t someone think of the pubbies

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Wibla posted:

TEST's poo poo is on fire :sun:

Were they dropping those Forts?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Feliday Melody posted:

Were they dropping those Forts?

They’re fitted, cored, and fueled

So more like they were dropping a deuce

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Honestly, if that happened I'd be tempted to put my alts back in but goosefleet is fun af right now. If we end up having krab fleets like locust fleets, we should do pretty nicely.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Please remember when discussing splinter groups that Goonwaffe and Swarm severed their connections to these forums and are no longer legitimate.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Durendal posted:

Please remember when discussing splinter groups that Goonwaffe and Swarm severed their connections to these forums and are no longer legitimate.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

xtothez posted:

It's starting to amuse me that our alliance recently turned 16, and you've spent the whole month trying to gently caress Goonswarm.

not only is this so-called "joke" deeply unfunny for a host of reasons

no matter what idiotic notions of juridical personality you hold dear, corporations are not people

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Vando posted:

Stop thinking that "avoiding fracturing the Imperium" is essential! Ideally you would try not to, but if there are truly *that many* Mittens diehards that this is a risk, you are going to have to fracture the Imperium to get rid of them, they're not going to change their attitude just by ignoring them and hoping it goes away.

Agreed, it would literally be better to break it apart a bit to be rid of the chuds - the only thing preventing it would is the space pixels and a loss of power/asses in chairs for this dumb game

this, plus blacklist reversals would be A+, it would not make him popular, it would be hard and divisive, but it would be the right thing.

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 30, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

xtothez posted:

It's starting to amuse me that our alliance recently turned 16, and you've spent the whole month trying to gently caress Goonswarm.

Yeaaaaah, go to hell. "It's all a fig leaf for goonfucking" or "it's just schismatics" or "actually you're the ones remaining in a place with that black mark."

Just, go to hell with all of it, get out.

This stuff will all stop coming up itt when it stops coming up itt. You need to prevent your guilty consciences from dragging you back in here night after night. This is not where you will find your absolution, especially not through chuddy shitposting.

vv I'm also curious to see Big Bonus Room Man argue with a chatbot.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 30, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Can someone post the chat logs of globby getting into a fight with a bot and losing

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

Can someone post the chat logs of globby getting into a fight with a bot and losing

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

On the other hand please don't. chat logs are never funny.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CainFortea posted:

don't post blatant disinformation tia

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

CainFortea posted:

They are when it's globby getting owned by butt-bot.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i don't think you'll hit 100 bil by the end of the year. I can do that in a single day by myself.

Killboard stats in my dead spaceship game? Important? :laffo:

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the fact of the matter is the people that left are entirely irrelevant to the health of goonswarm

Has it occurred to you, that perhaps this is exactly why they left?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

They are when it's globby getting owned by butt-bot.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Xolve posted:

Killboard stats in my dead spaceship game? Important? :laffo:

Has it occurred to you, that perhaps this is exactly why they left?

i dont know that globby has things that occur to him

i get the feeling he sees good ideas the way most of us see floaters in our vision

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Solus posted:

it looks like he deleted those posts lmao

not any of his other posts though, so you get gems like this

the best eve player posted:

[9:57 AM] globby: Player cooperation is strictly against the intent of this game

or

quote:

[10:27 PM] globby: !auth
[10:27 PM] globby: !poggers
[10:27 PM] globby: !authme
[10:28 PM] globby: hlp
[10:28 PM] globby: help
[10:28 PM] globby: @[HONK] MaliciousOnion hello
[10:29 PM] globby: i am wanting to play with the goon
[10:49 PM] [HONK] MaliciousOnion: all applications must be submitted in person at 233 Mornington-Tyabb Rd, Moorooduc, Victoria, Australia
[11:00 PM] globby: i did that, i'm waiting outside
[11:00 PM] globby: im outside ur window
[11:00 PM] globby: look behind you
globby started a thread: "all applications must be submitted in"
[11:09 PM] globby: !authme
[11:09 PM] globby: !help

this one's good, but not for the reason he meant

faaart posted:

[1:37 PM] globby: Imagine where we'd be if we didnt lose our poo poo over nothing at [lovely Goonswarm Echoes CEO]

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Globby did make a good post about improving the lovely Dynamic Bounty System/ESS, so there is that

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

The irony in Globby telling us that none of us play EvE is the fact that it's true.

We don't play nullsec with its sov grinds and endless spreadsheets. We don't play highsec with its dull grindy missions. We don't play FW or incursions or any of the new content CCP has cooked up for the player base in the past five years. We, truthfully and honestly, don't play the game that EvE players play.

Or to borrow a wonderful line that GSF no longer has claim to:

We don't play EvE. We play Something Awful.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

My name is Globby K. D. R. and I'm so much more spacepure than the rest of you.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

corgski posted:

We don't play EvE. We play Something Awful.

:chloe:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The forest beckons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rudeboy Detective posted:

The forest beckons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0