Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I was just looking at buddy.farm and noticed, there's no actual loving point to doing the corn jail quests if you already have the runestone, the money is rear end and you get to the 31st quest before it gives you the runestone. first off what a loving tease, i've been working on it for the past like 10 days thinking there'd be something at least half decent at the end. yeah, i guess if you've farmed almost 9k corn, you deserve your stone but fuckin A for anyone else who thought there'd be something else to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

what about the satisfaction of growing all that corn though

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It‘s been mentioned before here but for everyone who has the resource saver perk or even T90:
Resource Saver perks are bugged when the crafting hits your maximum inventory.
You have 100 spaces free and craft 100 items.
The game rolls the dice 100 times to see what Resource Saver procs you get, we get 20 procs and thus craft 120 items.
This is 20 over our inventory limit, the game returns us ingredients for 20 crafts, meaning we used only 80. Those 20 crafts will have a new chance for Resource Saver procs, meaning you just got more than the 20% from Resource Saver.

Basically crafting to max inventory gives you free stuff.

It gets finicky in chains. If you do Large Nets 10 at a time, all the subitems at max inv will save too.

It can be annoying to use and will hopefully be patched out soon, but if you want to min/max you should. I think it was up to 10% saved with perks and 20% or whatever with T90.

Ignore this if you don‘t want to burn out.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the delay, here's the fishing AHK scripts:

code:
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 150, 400
			sleep %randsleep1%
	loop 20	{
		; loopcount++ ; Displays a count on screen to verify search is progressing
		PixelSearch, 2Px, 2Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0xFF0000, 50, Fast ; Find Blue Button
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Circle Found. Attempt %loopcount%
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				; tooltip, I found the Circle!
				2Py += up2y
				Random dotclick, 1, 2
				MouseMove, %2Px%, %2Py%	; Used to test Mouse Click Position
				MouseClick, left, %2Px%, %2Py%, dotclick ; Click on Blue Button
				; tooltip, I tried to click the Circle!
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 400, 1000
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp

oldskool posted:

:siren:Caveats:siren:
  • You have to zoom in enough to get the fish slider bar's popup into the fishing area, because otherwise you end up having to pixel-search way too massive an area & it fucks up. I'm not sure if this is related to searching the color itself, or the range of colors it's looking for, or just not enough CPU cycles to get it to find the dot, mouse the dot and click the dot before the dot's moved from where it thinks the dot is. Personally, my zoom is 250% and that gets the bar fully into the pixelsearch area.
  • The color set up is for dark mode. There's a bit that says ";light mode 0x50452F"; replace the 0x13323b in the line directly below that with 0x50452F if you're one of those light moders.
  • Color recognition for actually hitting fish is hit-or-miss; doesn't work at all on Minerva, works ~85% of the time on Large Island. It always moves to the fish on LI, it just....doesn't always click on them, or the click doesn't register, and I'm not sure why. I figure having it bumblefuck around a little bit here is probably good for anti-botcheck if nothing else, and atm I'm only fishing LI anyway, so I haven't dug into this like I originally wanted to.
  • Hasn't missed a blue dot for me.

And to do it with mealworms:

code:

;mealworms only!
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		;all except farm pond and lake minerva
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
		;farm pond
		;PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x3b4542, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 150, 400
			sleep %randsleep1%
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM 350 SPIDERS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE EXCHANGE CENTER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LORNE.

Please god I have everything I need for the entire pirates cove chain except the cutlasses

Edit: I have the spiders Lorne just hasn’t offered it since I got them days ago

Yarrington fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 30, 2022

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I’m one of the people tgat did not read the “DO NOT SELL” advice thoroughly enough and now I’m stuck grinding catfish and fliers with abysmal drop rates. I have 127 lifetime catfish and 192 fliers caught but sold most of them with the sell all option.

This sucks.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just made 99x4. It was a terrible journey. But I was able to save and get all the 99 pets to level 6 (not the onion though)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yarrington posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM 350 SPIDERS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE EXCHANGE CENTER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LORNE.

Please god I have everything I need for the entire pirates cove chain except the cutlasses

Same, been waiting three days now!!

I bought the 20 bells I need so I don't have to do this again at least.

Those kinda items should be mailable.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Well, I’m one of the people tgat did not read the “DO NOT SELL” advice thoroughly enough and now I’m stuck grinding catfish and fliers with abysmal drop rates. I have 127 lifetime catfish and 192 fliers caught but sold most of them with the sell all option.

This sucks.

I have 102 catfish you can have some what's your name?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

H110Hawk posted:

I have 102 catfish you can have some what's your name?

cant trade them

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

cant trade them

:rip:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

1 more skull coin.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The next event is supposed to be early August, right? Just trying to decide whether to save spheres for sale and whether to stockpile large nets.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Arcturas posted:

The next event is supposed to be early August, right? Just trying to decide whether to save spheres for sale and whether to stockpile large nets.

Always stockpile large nets unless you are close to capping out

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
On the third stage of the tower questline (I think). Growing so many pumpkins. And corn, again.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Yarrington posted:

Cutlasses are in the EC now for me.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Always stockpile large nets unless you are close to capping out

Could you expand on this? For me they’re the best way to start climbing the tower and those relics are really useful

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to get mugs of beer besides the exchange center, or do I just have suck it up and wait?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

FreshFeesh posted:

Could you expand on this? For me they’re the best way to start climbing the tower and those relics are really useful

Assuming you can make a decent number of large nets each day, get to your max, and only use them to not void new ones

You do this since when an event comes, everything you sell get a big bonus on to silver. That’s when you dump nets, you don’t want to be caught in an event without a way to cash in

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Assuming you can make a decent number of large nets each day, get to your max, and only use them to not void new ones

You do this since when an event comes, everything you sell get a big bonus on to silver. That’s when you dump nets, you don’t want to be caught in an event without a way to cash in

I’d rather spend my nets on mastery and get the extra daily free money from the tower/get closer to new artifacts, personally. Event bonus of 20% on cash is nice but honestly at the mid-tower stage it’s AK, not money, that you’re short on.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

But why

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

monkeytennis posted:

Cutlasses are in the EC now for me.

Yep, now I’m just blocked by… cutlasses

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Yarrington posted:

Yep, now I’m just blocked by… cutlasses

There on the exchange again, I've got 100 spiders if anyone needs them.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Oh god, I need so much seaweed.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Vasler posted:

Oh god, I need so much seaweed.

600? And no pet, and no wishing well. More like Fishing RPG

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm never going to get 10k manual fish am I, Dad? The AHK bot is way flaky and I'm tired of tweaking it.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I hit 99 fishing and there's only a reward for reaching 99 farming? I feel scammed ):<

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
New items have shown up in the Workshop, likely related to the upcoming exploration zone: canoe and steel plate

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

BACK-TO-SCHOOL-BASH EVENT IS AUGUST 10-16
- The Back-to-School-Bash Event will take place August 10th - 16th
- During the event, there will be Special Help Requests and Event Items
- There will also be +20% Skill XP, +20% Silver at Market and a boost towards Item Mastery when crafting
- We hope you can come out and be a part of it, and learn a lot during the event!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm now wondering if I should hold off on GMing until the event. Not sure what they mean by a boost towards Item Mastery.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Guessing you'll get 2x towards mastery count when you craft items. Giving an AK boost would be very very stupid, balance-wise.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FreshFeesh posted:

New items have shown up in the Workshop, likely related to the upcoming exploration zone: canoe and steel plate

Yep I clicked on steel plate and it needed a small bolt or something. I clicked that and it said it could be found at Judland Desert so I clicked again and it let me explore it for a bit (clicking only though no cider or lemonades) and I collected some metal bits before suddenly being locked out.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

check in on your raptors for something I can't talk about

edit: raptor must be at least level 10

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 2, 2022

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Kaboobi posted:

I didn’t realize what you were talking about until I clicked into an individual raptor and wow.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Kaboobi posted:

My first raptor turned level 10 yesterday and my next one turns level 10 tomorrow. :rms:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I have a few over 10 and still have no idea what's going on or if it gets you anything other than more numbers go up but I need to change some raptor names now...

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Every win gets you a bar of soap

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
lmao look at the leaderboards and click on them for stats. My boy got annihilated by #3.

My other one seems somehow competitive at least so far.

Tho exhaustion sets in even with wins apparently? Seems like ten in a row or so = exhaust

E: ignore the above

tildes fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 2, 2022

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i officially have more raptor antlers than inventory space, and the game knows because it suddenly won't stop giving me raptor eggs

game needs a mid level pet with orange gecko, herbs and honey @ level 6, what no this isn't directly correlated to what's quest locking me right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

oldskool posted:

i officially have more raptor antlers than inventory space, and the game knows because it suddenly won't stop giving me raptor eggs

game needs a mid level pet with orange gecko, herbs and honey @ level 6, what no this isn't directly correlated to what's quest locking me right now

I feel your pain