Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Didn't shibboleth get its name from the word shibboleth which was used in the exact same way in the bronze age and is written down in the Bible or some poo poo

Book of Judges, Ch.12:

4 Then Jephthah gathered together all the men of Gilead, and fought with Ephraim: and the men of Gilead smote Ephraim, because they said, Ye Gileadites are fugitives of Ephraim among the Ephraimites, and among the Manassites.

5 And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, art thou an Ephraimite? If he say Nay;

6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
OK that last one is clearly incredibly blessed and if it looked like it was gonna die I'd take it home & try to nurse it back to health

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OK that last one is clearly incredibly blessed and if it looked like it was gonna die I'd take it home & try to nurse it back to health

Do you want to start a blood curse? Cause that’s how you start a blood curse

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Why is the Popzuckle photorealistic?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why is the Popzuckle photorealistic?

It's the power of the Metaverse

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Have a sip

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ooh, American beer!

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Perfect example of how the world still follows "Separate but Equal" when it comes to women. Women are allowed to do as they please in women dominated fields but the moment they try to enter a male dominated field they're given poo poo for disrupting the "natural order".

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Yaldabaoth posted:

Perfect example of how the world still follows "Separate but Equal" when it comes to women. Women are allowed to do as they please in women dominated fields but the moment they try to enter a male dominated field they're given poo poo for disrupting the "natural order".

:wtf:

I hate that so much.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Yaldabaoth posted:

Just disqualify any male rider who gets passed by the women's race - like on a charity ride where there's a follower bus that collects the people that go too slow

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
WTF is this?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ospVPTUUXs

No one outside of Something Awful could know about Groverhaus, which one of you freaks made this super cursed video?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Groverhaus has been all over the place for years and years

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If 4chan proves anything it's that SA cannot contain the awfulness, only slow it to a drip.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

People refute that prophecy by denying it's true whereas I say even if it is true, Donald Trump should still be opposed because God wants the messiah to bring about Revelation by killing all life on Earth.

Content:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Yaldabaoth posted:

People refute that prophecy by denying it's true whereas I say even if it is true, Donald Trump should still be opposed because God wants the messiah to bring about Revelation by killing all life on Earth.
Either way it's a win for Evangelicals. :smugdon: is the Messiah? The new kingdom of Heaven is upon us. :chaostrump: is the Antichrist? He'll destroy the world with all the bad people and the real Messiah comes to rule the righteous that are left (mainly themselves).

Have some unrelated cursed images:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

that's a tumor isn't it?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Hate to break it to you but this was a symptom of poor planning and not misogyny. For logistic and safety reasons you can't have two races merge. This also happens when they break races up into groups and fail to account for somebody who's faster with the time gap. It happens on occasion regardless of gender.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The above is true, maybe the real curse is that it resonates with people as an analogue to their personal experience.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Think of the deaths and chaos if they let that bicycle pass.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Busket Posket posted:

Book of Judges, Ch.12:

6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

Cool I never knew the bit in that Conan novel about the secret snake people not being able to say a code phrase was based off some religious thing. Wonder where the space elephant comes from.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Be not afraid

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tell me you don’t understand what “fascist” means without explicitly telling me that you don’t

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

ChubbyChecker posted:

that's a tumor isn't it?

Looks remarkably like a baked placenta

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The sad thing is this is arguably true. Does Trump win if 4chan never gets created? It's impossible to say he doesn't. However, 4chan did/does have a verifiable effect on the rise of fascism in the US.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thanks, OLowtax

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Waltzing Along posted:

The sad thing is this is arguably true. Does Trump win if 4chan never gets created? It's impossible to say he doesn't. However, 4chan did/does have a verifiable effect on the rise of fascism in the US.

Cultural movement would exist with or without 4chan. To really prevent it from happening you would need for the internet to never happen so weirdos like that couldn’t create echo chambers where they are told that being a fascist piece of poo poo is ok and good without someone smacking them upside the head and saying “hey gently caress you, no. Don’t do that”

Edit: those people absolutely existed before the dawn of the internet but were pariahs in their respective communities because people would outright tell them they sucked. The internet made it possible for idiots like that to connect with other likeminded idiots and (apparently) create entire political movements centered around abject stupidity

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This is why people thought lizard people weirdos and flat earth morons were funny prior to 2000 but those people are now a legitimate threat to democracy lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah. Exactly. And no way to know what happens without 4chan. But when the story is good, go with it. So Lowtax is the reason roe was overturned. Not that RBG was a prideful idiot who should have retired 10 years earlier.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Didn't dems sit on row for half a century without ever making it a law

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Content:

OH. Oh...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Didn't dems sit on row for half a century without ever making it a law

Lol yes. Obama had a Dem supermajority (ie immune to filibuster) for 75 days and didn’t do poo poo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Another curse is people on these very forums who sincerely say the forums have have gone downhill since its creation. They were obviously never around back then (I wasn't, either) or have never looked up the vile poo poo that was the norm around here. It's not perfect, obviously but I couldn't ever imagine being around during the super edgy days.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 31, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol yes. Obama had a Dem supermajority (ie immune to filibuster) for 75 days and didn’t do poo poo

He had to use those 75 days to focus on passing the Affordable Care Act, he didn't even have 3 months.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Unperson_47 posted:

Another curse is people on these very forums who sincerely say the forums have have gone downhill since its creation. They were obviously never around back then (I wasn't, either) or have never looked up the vile poo poo that was the norm around here. It's not perfect, obviously but I couldn't ever imagine being around during the super edgy days.

Nostalgia's a hell of drug.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Unperson_47 posted:

:regd07:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Yaldabaoth posted:

He had to use those 75 days to focus on passing the Affordable Care Act, he didn't even have 3 months.

The ACA which was neutered by R intervention anyway? gently caress that.

Also