Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Thanks VG for banning that dude…

What a weird string of posts to wake up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Anyone else want to defend a pedo before we resume the natural course of the thread? Or are we at the part where someone comes in and ACKTUALLY BFM WAS A HEBEPH...

Personally i want to wish everyone in Gander or whatever name for the WH corp good luck, i hope you all have fun in this new chapter in EVE.

*edit* edited cuz i unknowingly used a slur

Dalael fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 31, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

This was after you and plaid rabbit had your real dumb drama slap fight and both got banned right? Like I don’t even remember the details really other than it triggered the “PVE drama eject all involved” clause.

I don't think that this is Joe Barbarian, haha.

That thread was an interesting read on my first week though.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

orange juche posted:

Isn't/wasn't IAGO part of TISHU, during the 2016 AT? Real upstanding folks, TISHU were. They were the people who put 1488 units of reactive gas along with minmatar slaves in their cargo holds for an AT, as a joke, you see.

IAGO are good men. Adversity is the corp within TISHU that does all the nazi poo poo. TISHU was just a normal alliance back then

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

Anyone else want to defend a pedo before we resume the natural course of the thread? Or are we at the part where someone comes in and ACKTUALLY BFM WAS A HEBE...

Personally i want to wish everyone in Gander or whatever name for the WH corp good luck, i hope you all have fun in this new chapter in EVE.

I wanna learn how globby was involved with the bonus room stuff since that one person kept saying they were the bonus room person or involved with it, and i don't ever recall their name (or voice in the recordings that got released) ever being mentioned in conjunction with that whole ordeal once

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 31, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dalael posted:

Anyone else want to defend a pedo before we resume the natural course of the thread? Or are we at the part where someone comes in and ACKTUALLY BFM WAS A HEBE...

Uh, unfortunate ellipsis there D-poster

Hebe, [ heeb ], noun

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.

a contemptuous term used to refer to a Jew.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Came to see the slapfight, stayed for the propagander.

Thanks, VG, et al. :haibrower:

Rust Martialis posted:

This poo poo is too fun

Bonus

GOSA! GOGAS GORCA!! HE SORK GOOSE!!! :honk:

blueprintsmistress
May 29, 2009
:honk:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Did you kick and ban mittani yet

I dunno, I've sadly missed the last few days of thrilling space meetings by selfishly going on a family holiday. Luckily all the creative fanfic here about what GS leadership are up to and why helps to ease any withdrawals.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rust Martialis posted:

Hebe, [ heeb ], noun

Jesus gently caress how is anyone suposed to keep up with all these terms. Ill edit the post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rust Martialis posted:

Hebe, [ heeb ], noun

whats the view on using "jewbal" as a name/term for the guilds money making team these days? i hope the goon groups have changed away from thinking that was clever or witty in the past 4 years or so whenever it popped up last by a member

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 31, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mekchu posted:

whats the view on using "jewbal" as a name/term for the guilds money making team these days? i hope its changed away from thinking that was clever or witty in the past 4 years

The "jewing" term for making ISK was eradicated a few years ago in my experience, replaced by "krabbing".

A small point, and an apology: when I left MiniLuv and moved up to Deklein in 2012 as Sixx Spades suggested, and joined Theta, it was still 'jewing' and I felt it was obviously inappropriate, but I never said anything about it, and at the time I probably could have had an effect in Theta comms (under Ted). At first I just didn't say it, but after a while I found myself saying it too, once in a while. It was a convenient shorthand for "making ISK"... at some point, 'krab' appeared and thus 'krabbing', mostly during one of my vacations from Eve, and 'jewing' seems to have been stamped out, partly by the advent of the alternative, and partly by actual pressure on comms.

Anyhow, I actually feel bad I didn't mention it at the time.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Mekchu posted:

whats the view on using "jewbal" as a name/term for the guilds money making team these days? i hope the goon groups have changed away from thinking that was clever or witty in the past 4 years or so whenever it popped up last by a member
I think Aryth was the last holdout to keep insisting on repeating that word. Luckily he's been gone for quite a few years now.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Some of these have issues

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 31, 2022

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Rust Martialis posted:

The "jewing" term for making ISK was eradicated a few years ago in my experience, replaced by "krabbing".

A small point, and an apology: when I left MiniLuv and moved up to Deklein in 2012 as Sixx Spades suggested, and joined Theta, it was still 'jewing' and I felt it was obviously inappropriate, but I never said anything about it, and at the time I probably could have had an effect in Theta comms (under Ted). At first I just didn't say it, but after a while I found myself saying it too, once in a while. It was a convenient shorthand for "making ISK"... at some point, 'krab' appeared and thus 'krabbing', mostly during one of my vacations from Eve, and 'jewing' seems to have been stamped out, partly by the advent of the alternative, and partly by actual pressure on comms.

Anyhow, I actually feel bad I didn't mention it at the time.

The speed of the posting is pretty high, I think I missed a bunch and didn't read up. I was busy trying to understand crypto but it's complicated and those guys change their stories/'facts' every 20 posts or so... ( https://forums.eveonline.com/t/the-rise-and-fall-in-bitcoin-value/346290/1372 ).

Didn't that name came from misinterpreting "JU-ing..." https://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/JU-OWQ... by those not krabbing there?

Krabbing comes from a Russian proverb, "На безры́бье и рак – ры́ба." meaning "Where there is no fish even a crayfish is a fish." and a crayfish is more like a lobster but not everyone is a zoologist and so here we are with a catchy name for making ISK.

The goose art is amazing!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aedaxus posted:

Didn't that name came from misinterpreting "JU-ing..." https://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/JU-OWQ... by those not krabbing there?

You cannot possibly be offering the smallest sliver of good faith to the term "jewing" when used as a term to make money.

I mean, the station that was there is now in 1DQ for all to see.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Katt posted:

Speaking of Hole Squad. Whatever happened to the 100 bill we briefly had in the corp wallet before everything went to poo poo?

That was funny. That Angelique Duchemin (?) person gave us $100B and then we promptly imploded.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

This was after you and plaid rabbit had your real dumb drama slap fight and both got banned right? Like I don’t even remember the details really other than it triggered the “PVE drama eject all involved” clause.

get out

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Rust Martialis posted:

Some of these have issues

Oh poo poo, it's the gritty live-action reboot of GOOTS

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Feliday Melody posted:

You cannot possibly be offering the smallest sliver of good faith to the term "jewing" when used as a term to make money.

Also use of that term predates us living in deklein by years. And also used by people not living there.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

andromache posted:

Nah I'm some other nerd

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Feliday Melody posted:

CainFortea posted:

Also use of that term predates us living in deklein by years. And also used by people not living there.

Ok, I logged in and am addressing this immediately. I will provide an update when a solution is found.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Aedaxus posted:

Ok, I logged in and am addressing this immediately. I will provide an update when a solution is found.

THETA THURSDAYS FTW! hahahahahaha

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Hezzy posted:

how do you make 100bil a day pls

make? idk a scam

destroy? gank in uedama/jita

Mekchu posted:

I wanna learn how globby was involved with the bonus room stuff since that one person kept saying they were the bonus room person or involved with it, and i don't ever recall their name (or voice in the recordings that got released) ever being mentioned in conjunction with that whole ordeal once

i wasn't, it's that person just randomly lying about people for the 7th time.

you'd think after being called out twice and being made to look like a complete moron twice they'd stop trying to lie for no reason just to disparage people they didn't like, but no, they want to lie for either attention or to hurt those they don't like

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 31, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aedaxus posted:

What are you going to do?

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

CainFortea posted:

Use of that term was prevalent in basically the entire eve community back in the day, not just goons, a quick google will reveal. There are complaints about it on the eve forums going back to the 2000s, and it was definitely a thing before I started playing eve in 2006.

Not defending it, just saying the record here is awful, and it didn't even start with goons in space, but yes, everyone should have known better then.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
when you got poo poo all over the place named by 19 year old edge lords in 2008 then it's going to take some spotting and tidying up, no matter the gaming org.

CCP are the ones way way behind the curve here with not having anything in place to re-name characters and corps for a "you hosed up so now you gots to pay half a billion in punishment tax" fee.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2w_EHt3ug

Garr khan did nothing wrong

god i miss that iteration of Hole Squad, loving Garr Khan creating a corp of pubbies and then fleecing them for everything they owned, locking them out of their own tower, and then getting Hole Squad to drop on the mercs his victims hired to kill him.

everything about this was lol and iirc this was one of like two times i undocked that bhaal

pls stop making me want to resub :(

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

grumplestiltzkin posted:

everything about this was lol and iirc this was one of like two times i undocked that bhaal

pls stop making me want to resub :(

funnily enough I have a baaahlogorn for sale to goose at mates rates....

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Feliday Melody posted:

What are you going to do?
What the hell did you just ask me, you Feliday Melody? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Gooniversity, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on PAPI, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire universe. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in EVE Online, mark my words. You think you can get away with asking questions to me over the Internet? Think again, Feliday Melody. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across high sec, low sec, nullsec and every wormhole you could be hiding in. Your location is being traced by NPC agents right now so you better prepare for the storm, Feliday Melody. The storm that is fierce and electric, or not, depending on what filament you used... but that aside, it wipes out the pathetic little ship you call your doctrine. You’re getting wrecked and podded, over and over again, Feliday Melody. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wreck and pod you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Drake that I will bring along. Not only am I extensively trained in space combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Goonswarm Federation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ship off the face of the universe, you Feliday Melody. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” question was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouse before clicking "post". You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, Feliday Melody. I will bubble all over you and you will drown in it. You’re just another line on my zkillboard, Feliday Melody."

That meme aside, I will follow protocol and see if we can be the change we need. I like the Players versus Protocol part of the game.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aedaxus posted:

What the hell did you just ask me, you Feliday Melody? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Gooniversity, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on PAPI, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire universe. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in EVE Online, mark my words. You think you can get away with asking questions to me over the Internet? Think again, Feliday Melody. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across high sec, low sec, nullsec and every wormhole you could be hiding in. Your location is being traced by NPC agents right now so you better prepare for the storm, Feliday Melody. The storm that is fierce and electric, or not, depending on what filament you used... but that aside, it wipes out the pathetic little ship you call your doctrine. You’re getting wrecked and podded, over and over again, Feliday Melody. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wreck and pod you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Drake that I will bring along. Not only am I extensively trained in space combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Goonswarm Federation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ship off the face of the universe, you Feliday Melody. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” question was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouse before clicking "post". You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, Feliday Melody. I will bubble all over you and you will drown in it. You’re just another line on my zkillboard, Feliday Melody."

That meme aside, I will follow protocol and see if we can be the change we need. I like the Players versus Protocol part of the game.

I have no idea what any of that means, haha.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

I have no idea what any of that means, haha.

Navy SEAL guy meme retasked

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rust Martialis posted:

Navy SEAL guy meme retasked

I'll take your word for it, haha.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Normal Barbarian posted:

Nah I'm some other nerd

Too many barbarians.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aw, the Joe Barbarian thread was in helldump. It's now lost forever.

Some admin could at least move that to the goldmine.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Please only attack globby for his bad posting and not for the bonus room stuff, we sorted that out in the old thread a while back. Before the most recent issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

IAGO are good men. Adversity is the corp within TISHU that does all the nazi poo poo. TISHU was just a normal alliance back then

this tbh. ive never heard anything bad from anyone before this about the bird from aladdin corperation. their ceo rescues babies and kittens from burning buildings.

also i was mad at dod for going out for cigarettes while holesquad got murdered by mittani over falcon srp and trolling atrum but after hearing him talk about what he was going through outside of the dumb game at the time i feel pretty terrible.