Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am. I recently got a very very nice promotion, too. EHG has been by far the best company I've worked at, and bar none the healthiest gamedev environment I've been part of. The gap between ehg and whatever would be second place in my resume is so large I can't even bother making the comparison.

I'm working very hard towards improving the performance, co-managing the mtx store and the performance group. Also, our mtx store will be 100% cosmetic, no in game advantages even as tame as tabs. Not to dis on Poe, we just want them to be completely optional.

We have a very good relation with GGG, speaking of which, and I'm very happy about that. EHG has been treating me very nicely, especially with my health issues I got a nice paid leave to take care of them and in general I get a lot of freedom in how I do my work.

This sort of resulted in me having less time to Poe. PoE is still my favorite game but working on LE is so satisfying that it ends up fulfilling my arpg needs. Especially now that the 3 challenges left are just grinding.

I'm not gonna lie, as far as the performance issues of the game go, there's a big battle ahead of us. While I'm not responsible for anything that slowed down the game, I am responsible for fixing it, so if anyone knows of anything game breaking or PC melting in particular feel free to dm me. The scene I fixed first was told me about it's slowness by a goon; ruins of welryn, is sitting on a peak 150% performance increase, from 60 to 150 fps now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

I am. I recently got a very very nice promotion, too. EHG has been by far the best company I've worked at, and bar none the healthiest gamedev environment I've been part of. The gap between ehg and whatever would be second place in my resume is so large I can't even bother making the comparison.

I'm working very hard towards improving the performance, co-managing the mtx store and the performance group. Also, our mtx store will be 100% cosmetic, no in game advantages even as tame as tabs. Not to dis on Poe, we just want them to be completely optional.

We have a very good relation with GGG, speaking of which, and I'm very happy about that. EHG has been treating me very nicely, especially with my health issues I got a nice paid leave to take care of them and in general I get a lot of freedom in how I do my work.

This sort of resulted in me having less time to Poe. PoE is still my favorite game but working on LE is so satisfying that it ends up fulfilling my arpg needs. Especially now that the 3 challenges left are just grinding.

I'm not gonna lie, as far as the performance issues of the game go, there's a big battle ahead of us. While I'm not responsible for anything that slowed down the game, I am responsible for fixing it, so if anyone knows of anything game breaking or PC melting in particular feel free to dm me. The scene I fixed first was told me about it's slowness by a goon; ruins of welryn, is sitting on a peak 150% performance increase, from 60 to 150 fps now.

Tell them to stop being cowards about Multiplayer. :mad:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Give the multiplayer

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nephrite posted:

Pretty sure the MP beta will be in the next update

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Don't forget chainhook too!!!!

I didn't, it's a utility skill

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't remember any performance issues last time i played last epoch but when it comes to pc games, especially as old as my card is, you don't even bother trying to run stuff on default settings. i turned everything to low pretty much before I ever started the actual game lol. now if only poe would let me do that...

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
As someone who has 2+ mirrors into my unearth cremation build, I strongly advise against league starting it.

Mapping loving sucks even with all this gear. You will have a much better league start experience doing almost anything else.

But once you get some basics together (I'd say phant unearth phant cremation minimum) then you can consider transitioning, but if you do I strongly advise you avoid mapping and use other strategies (I did exclusively simulacrum).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nephrite posted:

Not sure what you mean but I'm not involved with Mp. Ever since I joined in Mar the teams priority has been multiplayer and a lot of people were hired for that purpose. Me as a techart and the performance team i put together is an exception but only I don't deal with Mp directly.

I wish I could tell more without breaking nda but we've had multiple waves of tests for f n f, then alpha, and at some point in the future beta. Multiplayer tests occur very frequently almost on a daily and some of our testers are big names and netcode developers with experience in, let's say, games of the same genre we both happen to enjoy. Like I said we have a very good relation with GGG also.

Anyone not working on mp right now isn't because it's outside the scope of their skills or field and that's been the case for as long as I am in the company.Grtting multiplayer right isn't easy and there's s lot of effort on netcode, bug fixes, bandwidth, anti hack measures. I don't know when it will be ready but there's no lack of resources and effort put into it.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 31, 2022

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Elentor posted:

Not sure what you mean but I'm not involved with Mp. Ever since I joined in Mar the teams priority has been multiplayer and a lot of people were hired for that purpose. Me as a techart and the performance team i put together is an exception but only I don't deal with Mp directly.

I wish I could tell more without breaking nda but we've had multiple waves of tests for f n f, then alpha, and at some point in the future beta. Multiplayer tests occur very frequently almost on a daily and some of our testers are big names and netcode developers with experience in, let's say, games of the same genre we both happen to enjoy. Like I said we have a very good relation with GGG also.

Anyone not working on mp right now isn't because it's outside the scope of their skills or field and that's been the case for as long as I am in the company.Grtting multiplayer right isn't easy and there's s lot of effort on netcode, bug fixes, bandwidth, anti hack measures. I don't know when it will be ready but there's no lack of resources and effort put into it.

Thanks for these awesome updates! Looking forward to playing .9 and 1.0.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
It's dumb but I probably played less Lost Epoch than I should have due to the weird character proportions

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I expect GGG is going to take a hatchet to the current builds, and pair that with some additional nerfs to archnemesis mods to make it more palatable.

There will probably be a bunch of small numerical buffs to the underused skills just so people stop asking for that, but GGG always tweak the numbers by such a small amount that it doesn't move the needle. Most of the meta shakeup will come from taking out all of the current meta builds.

At least we are almost certain to get new skills this league.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
archnem mods already got the hatchet. rares feel no stronger to me now than they did before this patch, even in gauntlet where there was a lot of damage reduction it didn't feel that different

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If Skelemages or Absolution are fine, I'm happy.

If those get thrown into the dumpster, I'll be content if some other minion build gets some love. Because I have a type, at least for league start builds.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I hope they nerf Seismic Traps/Exsang by whatever tiny percent is necessary to scare off a ton of people so I can give it a try, before I inevitably fall back on PConc for the 3rd league in a row.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Will they EVER make Soulwrest interact with Absolution the way the tooltips say it should???

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Elentor posted:

<Last Epoch stuff>

You're saying you can't say anything more because you don't want to inadvertently spoil the introduction of the new endgame boss Cactuar, right?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm fine with most of the archnems apart from Ice nova one and that one that gives them stupid amounts of Dr / regen

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I hope they nerf Seismic Traps/Exsang by whatever tiny percent is necessary to scare off a ton of people so I can give it a try, before I inevitably fall back on PConc for the 3rd league in a row.

They tried doing exactly that in 3.17, guess how that went

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 1, 2022

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
i think seismic will get nerfed mainly due to GGG's reasoning not to re-balance this league. it won 6 classes in the gauntlet lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Deki posted:

If Skelemages or Absolution are fine, I'm happy.

If those get thrown into the dumpster, I'll be content if some other minion build gets some love. Because I have a type, at least for league start builds.

Skelemage is right up there with EA Totems and Seismic Trap for a complete obliteration from the ban hammer.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The most important part of adding new uber boss content is also making sure no build ever can do it. Crab mentality game designers in this thread.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The only build that should truly be nerfed is Elentor's.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

If Skelly mages gets obliterated, will there be a starter friendly to endgame Minion build left? I guess Phys skellies but that sucks for clear.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

queeb posted:

If Skelly mages gets obliterated, will there be a starter friendly to endgame Minion build left? I guess Phys skellies but that sucks for clear.

Just jack up your attack speed, or do blight. :)

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

queeb posted:

I would not be surprised if Absolution will only get minor adjustments. The skill is in the sweet spot where it is easily strong enough for all content, but nobody plays it because Skellies are just a straight up upgrade.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Okay, I think I've gotten my FR build as optimized as I'm going to get it without outside help. Anyone want to take a look at my pob and tell me if I missed some easy way to get better? I didn't really do that much research outside of looking at builds on ninja, so I might be missing some easy optimization. I can use a 3% attack speed jewel to get to exactly 10.1 attack speed, but pob says that will lose me damage vs my current jewels. I've got about 100ex I can still throw at this build if I want to, so I'm not looking at power charge rings or anything like that. https://pastebin.com/KKR9u8tB

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Katasi posted:

Okay, I think I've gotten my FR build as optimized as I'm going to get it without outside help. Anyone want to take a look at my pob and tell me if I missed some easy way to get better? I didn't really do that much research outside of looking at builds on ninja, so I might be missing some easy optimization. I can use a 3% attack speed jewel to get to exactly 10.1 attack speed, but pob says that will lose me damage vs my current jewels. I've got about 100ex I can still throw at this build if I want to, so I'm not looking at power charge rings or anything like that. https://pastebin.com/KKR9u8tB

Is there a goal other than "make my PoB number bigger"? Because this build should literally melt just about anything and basically never die. I've got like 1/3 your dmg and 25% less ES and have done all uber bosses (most many many times) and a 280+-depth Aul with unfriendly mods and juiced all-at-once Feared invitations and deathless Simulacrums and you name it.

e: a very easy but dumb and super minor improvement is just anointing Arcane Potency instead on your amulet, according to PoB it's 0.1% more damage :haw:
e2: also just get more levels and invest in the crit wheels I guess?

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 1, 2022

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

No Safe Word posted:

Is there a goal other than "make my PoB number bigger"? Because this build should literally melt just about anything and basically never die. I've got like 1/3 your dmg and 25% less ES and have done all uber bosses (most many many times) and a 280+-depth Aul with unfriendly mods and juiced all-at-once Feared invitations and deathless Simulacrums and you name it.

Not really, I just like making numbers go up. I still have a decent number of challenges to do so I'll at least get to use it a bit before league end, but at this point it's more about making sure I made the number as big as I could after the amount of currency I dumped into it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eezee posted:

I would not be surprised if Absolution will only get minor adjustments. The skill is in the sweet spot where it is easily strong enough for all content, but nobody plays it because Skellies are just a straight up upgrade.

I'm slightly worried fleshcrafter is gonna be the avenue for a nerf, which is gonna hit absolution too.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

queeb posted:

How would anyone know before patch notes.

make non popcorn srs work :)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

von Braun posted:

How would anyone know before patch notes.

make non popcorn srs work :)

We have leaked translated pretend patch notes, that counts, right?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wonder if they will drop the gem / socket rework prior to poe 2.0.

It would be extremely funny and cool to just see that at the end of the manifesto.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

External Organs posted:

It would be extremely funny and cool to just see that at the end of the manifesto.

They will not

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

External Organs posted:

Of course not

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The gem / socket rework is a massive system change that will require a complete rebalance of the game, including all minion skills/builds and all items that grant a skill or support gem. It's not something they can just throw in on a whim.

It's also easily one of the biggest selling points for PoE 2, so they would want to hold it back just for the hype.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Cinara posted:

a complete rebalance of the game

Lol.

I'm betting they just throw numbers at it and wait for the community to break it, and life continues on as normal.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

xZAOx posted:

Lol.

I'm betting they just throw numbers at it and wait for the community to break it, and life continues on as normal.

Unironically my biggest argument for it being put in before PoE 2!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cinara posted:

The gem / socket rework is a massive system change that will require a complete rebalance of the game, including all minion skills/builds and all items that grant a skill or support gem. It's not something they can just throw in on a whim.

It's also easily one of the biggest selling points for PoE 2, so they would want to hold it back just for the hype.

PoE 4.0 Patch Notes;

-All strike skills buffed; 80% damage, 40% attack speed, 30% accuracy rating
-All other skills nerfed by 80%
-All Mirrors in standard erased

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Let me use Flicker while unarmed cowards, I want to be Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Let Facebreakers work with Hallow Palm. What kinda dummy can’t punch with some gloves on?