Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Nedum Onuoha has to be the best recent ex-player pundit around. I love him and think he should be on every show on every network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Nedum Onuoha has to be the best recent ex-player pundit around. I love him and think he should be on every show on every network.

Yes, he is excellent.

Also amusing that both the mail and the express did articles moaning about archy's jacket for the england game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
There were a lot of people in touch with them who should gently caress off and watch rugby.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The first football cliches ep I have skipped so far is with lawro.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

It's a great episode. His wife calls him Lawro!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mickolution posted:

It's a great episode. His wife calls him Lawro!

I can't handle it.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Ramble 15 year specials got me all nostalgic for old ramble and for old times

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

grvm posted:

Ramble 15 year specials got me all nostalgic for old ramble and for old times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtm_PJvoox0&t=12s

Timestamped for a nostalgic treat

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i think i'm the thread's ramble ride-or-die but i also didn't realize how much i missed those old shows (and theme song)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mactheknife posted:

i think i'm the thread's ramble ride-or-die but i also didn't realize how much i missed those old shows (and theme song)

Maybe you can explain this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Football_Ramble

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

i'm workposting and distracted so if there's a joke here i'm missing it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mactheknife posted:

i'm workposting and distracted so if there's a joke here i'm missing it

Same. I'm not making any joke, I just was looking to see why the ramble theme changed and started noticing that phrase all over the wiki article :psyduck:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Thank you for this! Also seeing that the Linford Grimes YouTube has a bunch of old comps. Gonna relive my time as a broke delivery boy obsessed with this dumb sport by listened to all the 2008-2011 stuff.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Same. I'm not making any joke, I just was looking to see why the ramble theme changed and started noticing that phrase all over the wiki article :psyduck:

Edited by a fan of Football Cliches no doubt

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Backdoor Delivery posted:

For their sins.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Loved the clip of Paul Hollywood saying he was raised 'in and around cakes'

also lol somebodies definitely taking the piss with that wiki page: "Support for these shows was provided in and around Doc Brown."

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 29, 2022

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Max is on football cliches.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Very cool

Ramble 15th anniversary was a bit disappointing, seemed to be making a point of not having the original 4 together. I'd been going back to some of the old ones and you almost pick any episode between 09 to 15 and it's all good.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I like Max but I do find him kinda embarrassing on the 'minority' specials. His heart's obviously in the right place, but he feels such inherent white male straight cis guilt that he hedges almost every question with apologies and nervousness, and spends a lot of time asking people to confirm that HE'S ok and HE'S one of the good ones.

Then he apologises for being 'trite' at the end.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
He did fine. He was just talking about things he isn't used to discussing and didn't want to mess up.

I did laugh when barry chirped up about halfway through (I had completely forgotten he was there). I thought "oh no what are you going to ask". :D

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I haven't listened to the last few specials. The previous ones were ok and they were talking about important issues, but they're very much preaching to the choir. As the post above said, everyone's heart is in the right place, but I wonder what, if any, impact they have.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Whoever recommended Football clichés I can only thank you, consistently brilliant. Laughed out loud at Tony Blair talking about the country being in danger of being relegated, 'are we sleepwalking towards relegation?'

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Max is great.

https://twitter.com/maxrushden/status/1547543368158400513

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the pod they just did with everyone (especially max) sounding audibly hungover was great.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Whorelord posted:

the pod they just did with everyone (especially max) sounding audibly hungover was great.

Ha ha yeah you could tell max had been shouting.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

I need to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed myself once in my life as much as Max is enjoying himself in that video :unsmith:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Just try having a new baby and then being allowed to go on tour with your mates for a few weeks. I'd be dancing too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I'm not saying this is the greatest thing I've seen in my life... but it's up there.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Wilson with his finger in his ear.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/maxrushden/status/1550012688146829320

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Hands up who didn't realise that was a meme. I am old as hell.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Cross posting from the transfer thread.

https://twitter.com/WestHam/status/1552294790166978563

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bravo, West Ham, they’ve at least won the transfer announcement game this season.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/footballramble/status/1553666783969779713?s=21&t=W8ZH9QUZRC9sx2axW4wgcA

It kinda sounds like they might be doing something similar to the classic format(?), which may get me back listening

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/footballramble/status/1553666783969779713?s=21&t=W8ZH9QUZRC9sx2axW4wgcA

It kinda sounds like they might be doing something similar to the classic format(?), which may get me back listening

Ooh

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Thought the announcement was a bit vague, basically the two regular shows Monday and Friday, On the Continent on Thursday and a selection of the other stuff in between. Isn't that what they do now?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I didn’t listen for most of last season but I thought they were still doing daily shows?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I absolutely did not get that they’re going back to the original 4 for a Ramble from that update, but I’ve been wrong very often so here’s hoping. I do wish they’d put Marcus back on OTC - that was probably my favorite show when he hosted. Dotun and Andy together are too grandfatherly for me to get into that show at all.

I think it’s pretty cool that they’re putting the Women’s content on it’s own feed (according to the Upfront from yesterday) I hope it doesn’t impact the listenership negatively. I know I wouldn’t have sought out a women’s football focused pod, but I enjoy them when they come up.

e: I guess I was half wrong, not the original line up but back to four person panel.

grvm fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 2, 2022

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

one can only hope that it means we get the original four back occasionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Very funny to hear Max talking about how "a portly middle aged man" came on for Dele Alli in Everton's most recent friendly, I was expecting someone like Barry to make a quip about how Lampard is thinking about becoming player-manager if things get too desperate for him.