Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I am taking on a rigorous skeleton care regimen so that the local warlord will admire my skull and lash it to the front of his bone chariot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Voice of Labor posted:

perhaps the most compelling story of the hopium age collapse was the seen people. raiding bands who would shake down dying empires for their remaining reserves of identity politics and performative wokeness

As a Seen Person, this feels problematic

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i resent fury road for teaching goons that a) being a child soldier is fun and b) engineers will get all the best sex slaves

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
dont forget salt in your collapse plans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zknrl2LeI_4

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
1) doc
2) "chemist"
3) horrifically
4) my "human being Fantasy" jacket

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what happened?

I wasn’t even aware of those dorks until well after they already made it big

They took $25+ million from katzenberg (who’s a also a Liz Cheney fan lmao) and other dnc billionaires while pretending to be some edgy anti establishment org, when in reality they accepted a buyout in exchange for telling you voting/elections matter, which inherently props up the establishment they claim to be against . The same establishment that is destroying the biosphere on earth, endless militarism/spending, keeping healthcare private, privatizing education, etc. hasan even displays the hammer and sickle when he does all this . They’re loving scum

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

they live in million dollar homes now :)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

the system works !! hallelujah when they do ya'

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The funniest part about these morons is they claim to be so effective while the dem party has been more far right then its ever been, and it’s only going to get worse

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lpzie posted:

the system works !! hallelujah when they do ya'

Petrol blues, hallelujah, hallelujah

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Suppose we cracked open all the seed banks, deliberately sowed as much diversity as possible all over the surface of the planet, design the Internet to survive after the last human dies (say, compiling all datasets, learning algorithms, hypothesis engines, manufacturing of drones, all automated, with automated resource gathering), and coded it to hold the collected keystrokes of humanity, and to coax the cuttlefish and protect it and help it along guiding it's evolution and growth over eons toward sentience and intelligence and ability to use language with normative grammar and depicting causal narratives...

and then confer the collected works of humanity to the sprouting cuttlefish people, eons from now

like, seems like as good a plan as any at this point, yeah?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Suppose instead that we just burn all this poo poo we found underground until it's too hot for complex life to survive.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MLSM posted:

They took $25+ million from katzenberg (who’s a also a Liz Cheney fan lmao) and other dnc billionaires while pretending to be some edgy anti establishment org, when in reality they accepted a buyout in exchange for telling you voting/elections matter, which inherently props up the establishment they claim to be against . The same establishment that is destroying the biosphere on earth, endless militarism/spending, keeping healthcare private, privatizing education, etc. hasan even displays the hammer and sickle when he does all this . They’re loving scum

not that i don't believe you but do you have a source?

i figured their money was because they had a bazillion subscribers on twitch

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Uglycat posted:

design the Internet to survive after the last human dies (say, compiling all datasets, learning algorithms, hypothesis engines, manufacturing of drones, all automated, with automated resource gathering), and coded it to hold the collected keystrokes of humanity, and

You're just gonna make them racist and capitalism brained right from the start

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Wakko posted:

you get a free ticket to the greatest show on earth and you want to check out early. embarrassing. im embarrassed for you.

also

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Uglycat posted:

Suppose we cracked open all the seed banks, deliberately sowed as much diversity as possible all over the surface of the planet, design the Internet to survive after the last human dies (say, compiling all datasets, learning algorithms, hypothesis engines, manufacturing of drones, all automated, with automated resource gathering), and coded it to hold the collected keystrokes of humanity, and to coax the cuttlefish and protect it and help it along guiding it's evolution and growth over eons toward sentience and intelligence and ability to use language with normative grammar and depicting causal narratives...

and then confer the collected works of humanity to the sprouting cuttlefish people, eons from now

like, seems like as good a plan as any at this point, yeah?

Trying to create diversity at the beginning of a mass extinction and centuries long climate shift wouldn't work. We would just be killing all of the seeds.

Capitalist technology also isn't that durable and persistent. You could spend a trillion dollars designing your automated drone fleet and 3 months after the warranty expires they'll all fall apart and only show up as concentrations of rare earths and plastics in the soil.

I guess we could dig an underground complex on the part of the moon least likely to be hit by asteroids and hope that some day in the future the cuttlefish visit and receive the peak gifts of our civilization, marvel movies.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I guess we could dig an underground complex on the part of the moon least likely to be hit by asteroids and hope that some day in the future the cuttlefish visit and receive the peak gifts of our civilization, marvel movies.

okay yeah let's do that

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/cmmsrbl/status/1502419504336355329

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I'm going to live a full and happy life and die naturally at a ripe old age surrounded by loved ones

i'm gonna live another 50 years and watch the human race solve climate change, just in time to die of ALS which they still dont know how to fix

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
lol it got so hot at 9k ft in greenland that the runway melted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgblPFbLxAE

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

actionjackson posted:

not that i don't believe you but do you have a source?

i figured their money was because they had a bazillion subscribers on twitch

https://medium.com/@RobletoFire/the-ideological-failure-of-the-young-turks-90c15ddde408
https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/young-turks-jeffrey-katzenberg-wndrco-funding-1202518938/

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
What if we're just collectively overreacting and actually things are going to be ok! I know that's not the case, but one can dream!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Confusedslight posted:

What if we're just collectively overreacting and actually things are going to be ok! I know that's not the case, but one can dream!

things aren't actually that bad yet

unironically

bring joy to yourself and others around you :unsmith:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Dog Case posted:

(1) Has to be earned.
(2) The big guy that always has like a big hammer or a really big sword for a weapon.
(3) Usually I get to throw the protagonist around a little but eventually he beats me by being faster
(4)

Coyote Suit :hmmyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL4w0tvSvlY

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, it's funny how the "just far enough into the future so I don't need to care too much" narrative keeps holding despite rapidly accelerating evidence of imminent collapse.

Yeah it keeps holding because people keep one-upping their world collapsing by caring less

We're going to be hearing it's not that bad yet the year you can't buy wild-caught ocean fish anymore at any price because there are still some farms

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Hubbert posted:

alright team, welcome to the biosphere collapse apocalyptic raider warband audition

i've got a few questions to determine if you'll get to be part of the goonmeet, or if you'll be goonmeat

ok here we go:

(1) what is your new nickname
(2) what will be your role in the gang
(3) how do you expect to die
(4) what will be your signature piece of BDSM attire

(1) Haircutter
(2) Guy who welds scrap metal and skulls to things
(3) Killed by private security during The Raid on Lake Geneva
(4) 3M respirator, sloppily spray painted black

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hubbert posted:

alright team, welcome to the biosphere collapse apocalyptic raider warband audition

i've got a few questions to determine if you'll get to be part of the goonmeet, or if you'll be goonmeat

ok here we go:

(1) Toilet Paper
(2) rear end cleaner in post-toilet paper world
(3) e. coli
(4) toilet seat around my neck

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what happened?

I wasn’t even aware of those dorks until well after they already made it big

Hasan was a RoushV pua before he pivoted into leftism in December of 2016

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

lol that quiz thing has made me acutely aware that I have zero practical skills that would be a benefit in a societal collapse lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

(1) Cherry Blorch
(2) fat renderer
(3) crushed by falling debris in the ruins of a 40,000 seat stadium built for a highschool football team
(4) assless chaps but worn backwards

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
1. squeaky or pip, because of my squeaky warcry
2. screamer
3. arrow/boomerang to my neck as i run screaming towards the enemy distracting fire
4. LEDs and solar panels of varying conditions

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah it keeps holding because people keep one-upping their world collapsing by caring less

We're going to be hearing it's not that bad yet the year you can't buy wild-caught ocean fish anymore at any price because there are still some farms

After a few years no one will remember that there were ever fish in the ocean and if you bring it up they will gaslight you.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1553836426843889673

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Confusedslight posted:

creative writing prompt: things are going to be ok

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

AceClown posted:

lol that quiz thing has made me acutely aware that I have zero practical skills that would be a benefit in a societal collapse lmao

What, not even

Filthy Hans posted:

(2) rear end cleaner in post-toilet paper world

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

1) bomberman
2) making explosives
3) accident while mixing explosives in the heat without access to ice baths or refrigeration to keep them stable
4) thong and shoulder pads crafted from car tires

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Don't care about that other poo poo as long as I get to fight Lomborg in the Thunderdome.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

kater posted:

creative writing prompt: things are going to be ok

editor of a major publication bursting into the room sweaty and out of breath: "you're hired"

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
(1) Gern Fully 
(2) Inadequately trained tree worker
(3) See (2)
(4) Chainsaw pants and kickin rad shades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hubbert posted:

ok here we go:

Beast tamer
Lead packs of feral dogs to hunt down enemies
Torn apart by feral dogs
A spikey dog choke collar