Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would it be a dick move to mention they kind of shelfwarmed here and I walked past them a few times?

I assume the local :rodimus: eventually got wind of how hard they were to find in the states and bought up what was left to resell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

Right, so are the Kingdom/Legacy beast repaints and I can’t go into a Walmart toy aisle without seeing pegs full of them. Hopefully Velocitron shows up like that (but sells better)

Keldroc posted:

As usual with the Walmart stuff there's an initial rush and then once the relatively small number of people who want the obscure thing get it, the rest of them shelfwarm for some time. I'm not worried about finding Cosmos.
I will be coming to one of you to sell me a Cosmos from your bountiful Walmarts in a few months when all the ones in my area are still completely empty.

Anyway, new third-party CHUG IDW Optimus just got announced:

Honestly it looks pretty cheap but if it's a reasonable price I'll probably get it anyway since I'm a sucker for Optimi.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Got a Studio Series 86 Perceptor, bit disappointed you can't look through the scope, some light piping through the scope would have been nice too

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Huh. Well I'm glad nobody took me up on this offer

flavor.flv posted:

Anybody still looking for these? There's a bunch at this Wal-Mart in Hamilton.

I got one, I'll mail it out to anybody that wants to pay the retail and shipping

Still have it moc

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Get it on ebay ASAP and roll in that cash.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh man, Smyth's have discounted Kingdom Galvatron from £45 to £30. And Legacy is £54 despite being the exact same toy! I don't really like Galvatron's design, but if any of you have been waiting for a big discount, go for it.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

flavor.flv posted:

Huh. Well I'm glad nobody took me up on this offer

Still have it moc

That looks like a Misfire to the bottom right of the image too... Any chance of grabbing that and sending it to the UK (for monies of course).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BooDooBoo posted:

That looks like a Misfire to the bottom right of the image too... Any chance of grabbing that and sending it to the UK (for monies of course).

That picture was taken years ago

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That picture was taken years ago

Once again, time has defeated me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This glorious bastard just arrived.

I have't transformed him yet. I need some instructions!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Daaaaaaaaang that looks great!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Dino mode!

The rollerskates have working wheels! HE ROLLS.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dabir posted:

Oh man, Smyth's have discounted Kingdom Galvatron from £45 to £30. And Legacy is £54 despite being the exact same toy! I don't really like Galvatron's design, but if any of you have been waiting for a big discount, go for it.

Not quite exact same, since the Kingdom one has the battle damage and the Legacy one is a clean paint job.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I hear the difference is two minutes, a piece of cotton wool and a bit of rubbing alcohol.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

I hear the difference is two minutes, a piece of cotton wool and a bit of rubbing alcohol.

You are correct, sir.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Legacy is also guaranteed to have the fixed shoulders.

Unrelatedly, I got Motormaster in. Forget every aesthetic criticism or philosophical objection you've had to the menaskeleton play pattern. This toy is incredible. It evokes the Fire Convoy emotion. It is a Combiner Playset with immaculate handfeel and tolerances. Even with just Drag Strip this is one of the coolest toys Hasbro has put out in ages.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DoctorWhat posted:

Legacy is also guaranteed to have the fixed shoulders.

Unrelatedly, I got Motormaster in. Forget every aesthetic criticism or philosophical objection you've had to the menaskeleton play pattern. This toy is incredible. It evokes the Fire Convoy emotion. It is a Combiner Playset with immaculate handfeel and tolerances. Even with just Drag Strip this is one of the coolest toys Hasbro has put out in ages.

Yeah but does it elevate the Transformers Prime cartoon by simply existing?

BE HONEST

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

People are finding Velocitron in the States. Word is they're street dated for 8/1.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Alright! Walmart tour tomorrow! I did find a couple of SS Slugs yesterday in one. Very tempted to grab em since they’ve basically vanished now.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Ugh I was just talking to my friend on how I missed the window to get him. You're in the UK though aren't you?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thew and Nick from Toy Fu go through the stock they'll have at TFNation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGZVirj6aCI

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Definitely going to see what they’re selling the MMC stuff for.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Generations Selects Cyclonus arrived this morning, the darker colors are really pleasing to the eye. Same great figure otherwise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's it based on, the original toy's aubergine colour?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

What's it based on, the original toy's aubergine colour?

Yes, exactly. The greys are a little darker than the originals, from reference photos I've googled, and the stickers included bring the look even closer though the thigh ones might get ripped via transformation. The ones that go on top of the cockpit are a bit fiddly, also. These stickers aren't line Toyhax's, there is no opportunity to move them around a little before the adhesive takes, so I screwed up the roof.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well poo poo. Now I’ve ordered a Selects Cyclonus.

If anyone needs a Legacy Galvatron, I can probably get you a good deal on this one. Been on the shelves like this for a while now.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just finished watching a playlist of the CG promotional videos Takara has been doing for the Diaclone Reboot line and man I can really feel the urge to buy really expensive plastic rising, currently trying to save up for an electric bike or scooter so I'm ignoring the urge for now* but I can definitely see it emerging in the future to bring me joy/cause me problems

*except maybe a potentially really good deal I spotted for one of the Gridman crossover sets that I might go for if the shipping isn't ridiculous

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Electric bikes are bad rear end. I use mine to hunt Targets for good toys.

Relatedly I got MPM Blackout today. Excellent.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Well poo poo. Now I’ve ordered a Selects Cyclonus.

If anyone needs a Legacy Galvatron, I can probably get you a good deal on this one. Been on the shelves like this for a while now.

Reminds me once of being in a store and this mother was pushing a cart when her kid came up with some action figure saying he wanted it. The mother looked at it, ripped it open, handed it to the kid and put the packaging on the shelf.

It was a WTF moment.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Queen poo poo

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I picked up Waspinator for cheap in Game yesterday, and I guess I might be the universe because I think I kinda... hate him? Robot mode is good so I think it's probably just the transformation. Plus I think he has the misconstructed shoulder issue like Galvatron because you can't get the yellow sides on the outside in wasp mode... maybe I'm just getting old and kuppy.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, I am that much of a sucker for the Wreckers

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DigitalRaven posted:

Yes, I am that much of a sucker for the Wreckers

Amazon hasn't sent me Leadfoot yet. I'm jealous of your base for your Iconic Wreckers Hammer.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Joe Fisto posted:

This glorious bastard just arrived.

I have't transformed him yet. I need some instructions!

Mine has also arrived and
drat this dude rules

Except for the lame golden disk hand I am guaranteed to lose

https://twitter.com/rottentunagames/status/1553902469817712640

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Do I want Stunticons or Dinobots? Trying to be responsible. I also need Velocitron Scourge and Cosmos at some point.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do I want Stunticons or Dinobots? Trying to be responsible. I also need Velocitron Scourge and Cosmos at some point.

Stunticons are fun, the SS86 Dinos are pretty amazing - although I think it's tougher to get hold of Grimlock and Slug now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

No luck at Walmarts today finding Velocitron

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Fil5000 posted:

Stunticons are fun, the SS86 Dinos are pretty amazing - although I think it's tougher to get hold of Grimlock and Slug now.

Slug is still here and there. Grimock goes for well over $100 now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Walgreens exclusive Minerva seems to be showing up at some Walmarts? Mixed up boxes, it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's a good Wheeljack spotlight episode from G1?