Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Fischl does have the lowest base HP in the game, as well as the 6th lowest DEF. Her, Yanfei, and Lisa are probably the squishiest characters in the game ranking near the bottom for both stats.

With Keqing getting buffed, I'd probably refine the sword. It's NA/CA multiplier will work on the new Electro/Dendro reactions.
Goddamn that explains why i always feel like Fischl implodes whenever i bring her out for 2 seconds

And whats this about a keqing buff? Or are we talking dendro being a buff for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

And whats this about a keqing buff? Or are we talking dendro being a buff for her

Yeah, I mean through Dendro. She seems like one of the biggest winners from the addition of quicken/catalyze, which favors fast application of Electro.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Can't wait to try Keqing in 3.3 when Baizhu launches. His E-based dendro application over time will be much better for Keqing, and his role compression will allow you to comfortably run 2x Dendro + another support (such as an anemo) or maybe even 2x Electro/ 2x Dendro.

For legal reasons this is a joke.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was also only able to beat the recent claymore Dire Straits challenge due to my Itto team. These challenges are really forcing me to use all my strongest options. I tried Eula first and she just couldn't quite cut it.

It's a shame the rewards are so garbage. I don't expect much from the highest difficulty rewards, but at least make it 10 crystals instead of 4, or throw in some extra gold.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, do you know off-hand if she gets the heal at the start of her burst or after she stops birding about? Seems like it would be more welcome afterwards, considering things can still hit you, but I never really paid attention to it.

After, including when you change character mid Bird. Fischl gets the heal as you switch or the Bird form fades.

MadHat fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 1, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I rather like the toughest tier basically having no point other epeen flexing. It means if I'm just in a hurry playing an event at the last minute I don't have to tryhard at all because if the toughest rewards were actually noteworthy I would feel like I'm actively missing out on them unless I go for the whole thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aside from the game finally approaching 70% of their planned launch content with the release of the Dendro element, I'm really looking forward to being able to go from needing 4 days to just 3 days to knock out the leylines quest every week.

Also I've looked at no stats but Fischl, Ganyu and Ningguang all feel like the most fragile characters in my biased experience.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sushibandit posted:

I rather like the toughest tier basically having no point other epeen flexing. It means if I'm just in a hurry playing an event at the last minute I don't have to tryhard at all because if the toughest rewards were actually noteworthy I would feel like I'm actively missing out on them unless I go for the whole thing.

I agree that the highest difficulty shouldn't provide great rewards and that the vast bulk should be in the more approachable tiers.

But still, 4 crystals?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

lmao mihoyo going for this kind of heady experience at the end of mona's event which just resulted in my wandering in circles for 5 minutes before just looking up what i was supposed to be trying to do

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I know it's common to be bewildered about time-limited events disappearing. But up until now they were mostly slapping together textures and assets that already existed. GAA 2.0 is absolutely insane, dozens of hours of content with brand-new objects and mechanics. On top of it I think a huge % of players won't finish it. I just keep getting surprised by this game, why go THIS hard the patch before Sumeru??

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Because they had a year to fiddle with stuff they'd mostly already made? There's also a good chance that it's a testbed for various things before sumeru. I have a vague feeling the first go-round was, although I can't think of any specifics off-hand.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Reminder that there is a rumor that Tighnari will be added to the standard banner when his patch ends (so about 9 weeks, assuming the other rumor about patch length doesn't happen). I usually spend my standard wishes as I get them, but a (miniscule) chance at a 5* dendro is better than nothing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zenostein posted:

Because they had a year to fiddle with stuff they'd mostly already made? There's also a good chance that it's a testbed for various things before sumeru. I have a vague feeling the first go-round was, although I can't think of any specifics off-hand.
If I'm remembering correctly it was just the harpastum and the boat. I think the only new furniture was the klee beach stuff and it mostly used Mondstadt textures otherwise.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zenostein posted:

The boat was GAA first I think, cannot remember if we got it there or a previous event. Also the first time major landscape states were seen, just the islands coming further up from the sea but was a new thing at the time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean regardless it's kinda insane that the domains and all that effort, along with the character development, goes poof eventually.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

A lot of stuff from temporary events tends to get reused, both in permanent and future temporary content. Obviously some stuff can't really get reused like dialogue and cinematics. But building assets and mechanics for these generally aren't that much of a waste of time. Hell, GAA 1.0 saved them a lot of time building the basic islands.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

I know it's common to be bewildered about time-limited events disappearing. But up until now they were mostly slapping together textures and assets that already existed. GAA 2.0 is absolutely insane, dozens of hours of content with brand-new objects and mechanics. On top of it I think a huge % of players won't finish it. I just keep getting surprised by this game, why go THIS hard the patch before Sumeru??

I've been continuously impressed by all of these new "mini" zones we've gotten in semi-recent patches. Chasm was particularly great (IMO the best area so far), but the Inazuma one (that I forget the name of) was also really neat.

Do we know if Sumeru is going to be released in parts like Inazuma was? I kinda like the way it was done with Inazuma, since it made each period of exploration more manageable and allows for a steady drip of new content.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Ytlaya posted:

I agree that the highest difficulty shouldn't provide great rewards and that the vast bulk should be in the more approachable tiers.

But still, 4 crystals?

Earning platinum medals in previous events gave no reward which is what I'd prefer.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know if Sumeru is going to be released in parts like Inazuma was? I kinda like the way it was done with Inazuma, since it made each period of exploration more manageable and allows for a steady drip of new content.

yeah, it looks like we're going to be getting the jungle in 3.0 and then the desert in 3.1. after that (or if we're getting ALL the desert in 3.1) is unknown still

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eimi posted:

I mean regardless it's kinda insane that the domains and all that effort, along with the character development, goes poof eventually.

Honkai impact makes wholesale mini games and then vanishes, it's a company tradition.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

No Wave posted:

What's getting me is that a bunch of the exploration puzzles are non-obvious. Not only that, some of them I can't even find the solutions for through Googling, which makes me think people aren't even trying to get all the stuff?

For example, I can't figure out the chest on Minacious isle near the teleport waypoint, that's talking about foggy weather and obscured shapes. I can turn the weather foggy, but no idea what to look for after that.

edit: I think I got it, you need to flip to the other version of the island (for some reason...), find three of the animal mirages, and herd them around the chest. Assuming that was even the same chest... :psyduck:

Redmark fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 1, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

sushibandit posted:

Yeah I agree that the whole flipping of reward tiers was kinda refreshing. Usually the "so you came and checked it out" is garbage and the ridiculous stuff is where a game tucks the premium currency rewards. I wouldn't bother even looking since I'm still world tier 3 if it took max difficulty clears to get anything good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sushibandit posted:

Genshin has been doing this with events for quite a while.
Even the rhythm-game events have the only primogem rewards at the absolute lowest just-mash-buttons-randomly score tier for the easiest difficulty, everything else is just extra weapon crystals and stuff.

Space Opera posted:

Reminder that there is a rumor that Tighnari will be added to the standard banner when his patch ends (so about 9 weeks, assuming the other rumor about patch length doesn't happen). I usually spend my standard wishes as I get them, but a (miniscule) chance at a 5* dendro is better than nothing.

I'm at 61 pity on the standard banner right now so with the next 2 paimon shop refreshes plus whatever we get from Sumeru I'm probably gonna be able to roll that sweet 1-in-12 chance to try and get a Tighnari.
Pray for me, gamers.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
So I think I blew all my luck for years to come :aaaaa:
I think I'll have to rush to Inazuma now to get him leveled up. Just finished Liuye, but the event has had me all busy.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

serefin99 posted:

So, for the web event, has anyone managed to like extract the little chibi versions of the characters? Xinyan is too adorable and I absolutely wanna save her somewhere.

Two options: you can build your own:

or you can have this, which I promise is a video but since it's playing properly in safari it might not elsewhere, I don't quite remember how it works but different tags work differently in various browsers. So if it isn't, here is a direct link to the mp4, which makes me feel silly for bothering to make it a webm when I was cropping it

No, I'm not really sure why she's moving and making it not loop right. Must've moved my mouse or something when I recorded it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Two options: you can build your own:

or you can have this, which I promise is a video but since it's playing properly in safari it might not elsewhere, I don't quite remember how it works but different tags work differently in various browsers. So if it isn't, here is a direct link to the mp4, which makes me feel silly for bothering to make it a webm when I was cropping it

No, I'm not really sure why she's moving and making it not loop right. Must've moved my mouse or something when I recorded it

https://i.imgur.com/XGFqXw5.mp4

[url] tags seemed to have been the answer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chunkystyle posted:

So I think I blew all my luck for years to come :aaaaa:
I think I'll have to rush to Inazuma now to get him leveled up. Just finished Liuye, but the event has had me all busy.

luckily the maguu kenki isnt one of those bosses that requires any kind of story progress so you can just waltz over to inazuma and get his stuff without having to get that far into the inazuma story

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Endorph posted:

luckily the maguu kenki isnt one of those bosses that requires any kind of story progress so you can just waltz over to inazuma and get his stuff without having to get that far into the inazuma story
I think he and the abyss wolf boss are open, but yeah the others aren't.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, the newest event stage is one meant for Yoimiya. Tore it up with almost a full minute to spare.

Edit: I feel like they may have upped the rate of getting 4*s that you haven't already maxed out. 3/4 that I got during this banner were Heizou (so he's C2 now, though his C2 doesn't seem that good), and the same has been the case for the last few banners.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 1, 2022

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

No Wave posted:

The first day or two of G.A.A 2.0 I was pootling about collecting conches and whatever obvious chests I could see and thinking "Okay, so they've just reused the archepeligo from the first time round and not really changed anything. A little underwhelming, but understandable with 3.0 just around the corner, and it'll be fresh for anyone who started playing in the last year..." It turns out I was wrong about that.

Redmark posted:

What's getting me is that a bunch of the exploration puzzles are non-obvious. Not only that, some of them I can't even find the solutions for through Googling, which makes me think people aren't even trying to get all the stuff?

For example, I can't figure out the chest on Minacious isle near the teleport waypoint, that's talking about foggy weather and obscured shapes. I can turn the weather foggy, but no idea what to look for after that.

edit: I think I got it, you need to flip to the other version of the island (for some reason...), find three of the animal mirages, and herd them around the chest. Assuming that was even the same chest... :psyduck:

That was I think literally the last chest I collected in the whole archipelago (I havent necessarily found everything, but I've got all the ones I can see at least). I could not work that one out for the longest time because I never really got a grip on the weather changing thing, and in fact I ended up sort of stumbling into the solution because I was looking for something else and changed the weather.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ytlaya posted:

Yay, the newest event stage is one meant for Yoimiya. Tore it up with almost a full minute to spare.

Edit: I feel like they may have upped the rate of getting 4*s that you haven't already maxed out. 3/4 that I got during this banner were Heizou (so he's C2 now, though his C2 doesn't seem that good), and the same has been the case for the last few banners.

I can certainly see that with how many times I pulled Thoma between this banner and last. I stopped pulling when I finally got Itto last time, and ran out of free crystals around 60 or 70 pulls without a 5 star this banner. I might be able to get another free 10 pull before the banner swap, or I might just wait and hope my pity pull is good next time, since I've already got like a c3 sucrose.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018

Endorph posted:

Thats good to know.

There was talk earlier in the thread of Thoma being bad character, I've managed to get him to c3 while pulling for Kazuha, and was thinking that should I build him to shield my team?
Currently I have c1 Noelle to do that, but if Thomas is that bad mayvbe I shouldn't invest on him?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you just want a shield bot for casual open world exploration Thoma's totally fine. When people are discussing character viability in this thread they're basically exclusively talking about it in the context of Spiral Abyss Floor 12 with maxed out characters and good artifacts and literally no other context.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Or things like the combat event that's going on right now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So, gandlethorpe, how does this chart make you feel?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

So, gandlethorpe, how does this chart make you feel?

Pretty excited, considering my well-built Shenhe adds 2460 flat damage with her quills. Also, been seriously considering breaking my "no A6-ing" rule.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
How many attacks/instances of damage does the flat damage boost from Quicken/Catalyze last?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hyper Inferno posted:

How many attacks/instances of damage does the flat damage boost from Quicken/Catalyze last?

As many as you can trigger during the duration. Leakers have reported the quicken debuff lasting anywhere from 6-20 seconds and it depending on the strength of both elements that applied it. Electro and Dendro can co-exist with it and will refresh it if both are re-applied. It reacts like a Dendro aura, so applying Pyro or Hydro will deplete it faster.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

As many as you can trigger during the duration. Leakers have reported the quicken debuff lasting anywhere from 6-20 seconds and it depending on the strength of both elements that applied it. Electro and Dendro can co-exist with it and will refresh it if both are re-applied. It reacts like a Dendro aura, so applying Pyro or Hydro will deplete it faster.

I want to see what Keqing burst + C6 Fischl can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Keqing/Fischl/Collei might turn out rad if Collei's Dendro application can keep up with a Keqing burst.

Keqing's burst might finally do damage! :v: