Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Marvel only has two superhero lawyers. They’re going to be around each other a lot. Although really it doesn’t make sense for anyone unaware that Matt Murdock is daredevil for him to always be defending Spiderman and Reed Richards and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean it makes sense that lawyers with experience with a new and complicated legal issue would keep getting hired for that experience. Especially if they were winning.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
One of the funniest parts of some She-Hulk comic was when it turned out that one case went against Stark Enterprises. She went there and wanted to have a quick word with a friend side-work acquaintance, but instead, she ended up at the company's legal department, where a creepy super-lawyer absolutely crushed her in paragraphs. If you ever wonder how Stark gets away with his bullshit, it's that guy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

cant cook creole bream posted:

One of the funniest parts of some She-Hulk comic was when it turned out that one case went against Stark Enterprises. She went there and wanted to have a quick word with a friend side-work acquaintance, but instead, she ended up at the company's legal department, where a creepy super-lawyer absolutely crushed her in paragraphs. If you ever wonder how Stark gets away with his bullshit, it's that guy.

It's comics, so I can't tell if you're saying that guy actually beat her up with huge speech bubbles.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Marvel only has two superhero lawyers. They’re going to be around each other a lot. Although really it doesn’t make sense for anyone unaware that Matt Murdock is daredevil for him to always be defending Spiderman and Reed Richards and poo poo.

Multiple Man and Hulk 2099 are also lawyers, though it's be fairly wild for either of them to show up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lobok posted:

It's comics, so I can't tell if you're saying that guy actually beat her up with huge speech bubbles.

Nah, he wasn't Gwenpool. He was just a boring but ultra efficient dude who did a really good job protecting an evil cooperation from civil suits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I AM GRANDO posted:

I wonder if the series will still have a teenage girl teaming up with a guy who looks like GK Chesterton who turns into a field at the end.

She's not a teenager and she's absolutely central to the cereal convention plot, and absolutely central to the entire Sandman story so it would be a little insane not to include her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

She seems to have a best friend in the trailers but I don't think her name is mentioned. If I was working on the show and just wanted to use a name from Marvel comics that probably wouldn't gently caress up plans for future properties and the friend is more used to being the one that gets attention and has to help She-Hulk deal with being the one everyone in the room is paying attention to, I'd go with Millie the Model.
She says it out loud!

"Who's your best friend?"
"...Nikki!"
"bzzt, it's spandex. Spandex is your best friend."

She's the one who's trailing behind Jen/She-Hulk and talking to her about being green and taking her shoes before she transforms and ordering her shots at the bar. You know, best friend stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

She says it out loud!

"Who's your best friend?"
"...Nikki!"
"bzzt, it's spandex. Spandex is your best friend."

She's the one who's trailing behind Jen/She-Hulk and talking to her about being green and taking her shoes before she transforms and ordering her shots at the bar. You know, best friend stuff.

Patsy -> Patricia -> Ricky -> Nikki. It's the same name, you see.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's too bad Ned should have been her best friend

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's the MCU, so the Netflix stuff happens in its own universe, so there's no reason not to have a proper Patsy Walker based on Kate Leth's run played by Ellie Kemper.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
oh my god I just realized with Patsy's in-comic history as being the star of a comic about herself (or a sitcom as Netflix played it) they should absolutely have run a commercial for her non-existent show and/or comic as one of the fake commercials in WandaVision.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

oh my god I just realized with Patsy's in-comic history as being the star of a comic about herself (or a sitcom as Netflix played it) they should absolutely have run a commercial for her non-existent show and/or comic as one of the fake commercials in WandaVision.

I think they actually couldn't, unless they specifically did cast Rachel Taylor, those character contracts were still active at Netflix at the time. Maybe they could have done a fully animated commercial.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

Why would they do that when the commercials in WandaVision were about Wanda?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't get it. The point was it was her subconscious loving with the magic. She could just randomly remember a Patsy commercial but why?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't get it. The point was it was her subconscious loving with the magic. She could just randomly remember a Patsy commercial but why?

The adverts are based on her remembering that sort of advertisement on TV and her own history, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine something like "Next on a very special whatever Patsy Walker's show was called...", or some sort of Pizza Hut type "Dinner with the stars" type ad.

At least that's how I interpreted it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BooDooBoo posted:

The adverts are based on her remembering that sort of advertisement on TV and her own history, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine something like "Next on a very special whatever Patsy Walker's show was called...", or some sort of Pizza Hut type "Dinner with the stars" type ad.

At least that's how I interpreted it.

Yeah, but I mean why? There weren't a bunch of random comic book references in there. Patsy doesn't have anything to do with Wanda. It probably would have just made all the Mephisto/multiverse/whatever speculation and disappointment worse. So I dunno. I don't see what they have to do with each other.

Part of me feels like people just want them to reboot Patsy so that we finally get a definitive statement that the Netflix shows are outside the main MCU continuity.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i want them to do kate leth patsy because the jj one was lame, it doesn't have to be a conspiracy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was just joking. I certainly didn't mean to imply a conspiracy. I just thought the WandaVision idea felt random and that thought made me laugh.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

theironjef posted:

Multiple Man and Hulk 2099 are also lawyers, though it's be fairly wild for either of them to show up.

Cable is also a lawyer!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I dunno I thought it was funny, sue me :shrug:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
WandaVision did have a reference to Patsy by one of the episodes being done in the same style of sitcom as her TV show.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We had already put 2+2 together but Marvel has in fact said now that Spider-Man: Freshman Year is its own thing and not in continuity with the films.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Well it's a good few years since I read it so it's possible I'm forgetting stuff but drat, that pilot felt like one of the most faithful comic book adaptations I've ever seen and the actors nailed it as far as I can recall. Bring on the madness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to find time to watch that.

My sister is watching the Boys and texting me her extremely shocked reactions. I can't wait until she gets to the season 3 opener.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Does the 90s X-Men cartoon hold up? I DO have nostalgia for it, if that helps

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

omg chael crash posted:

Animation wise not really. Story wise it's....okay. nostalgia wise it's awesome.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Madkal posted:

Animation wise not really. Story wise it's....okay. nostalgia wise it's awesome.

I second this motion.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

omg chael crash posted:

It doesnt really hold up but it is hilarious and worth watching again

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Does a mall babe eat chili fries?

It’s bad and silly but it hits exactly right if you watched it every Saturday and remember when it aired at night that one time, when the energy blob crash-landed underground and fought Lady Deathstrike.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's very soapy, which adds to the fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's a kids show with some storytelling you don't really see in those shows like racism and death and romance. How well those are done vary.

But it's still fun to watch for a ton of reasons.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Rewatching it, you don't remember how many characters and stories they actually stuff in these episodes. The dialog and the performances are stylized in the best way for it too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

omg chael crash posted:

It's no X-Men Evolution but you should re-watch it until you don't want to anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's bad, but not as bad as 80s cartoons. Fun for nostalgia, at least.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just watch a montage of all the Apocalypse speeches that's the good stuff

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's kind of a shame the animation is really rough and crappy. The voices though are spit on. I still hear those voices in my head when I read X-Men comics.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I just started the phoenix part of season 3 and ugghhhh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My memory of those episodes is that the animation was really good for some of them. There’s a scene I can still remember with three simultaneous fights going on where on is in the foreground, another is behind it, and a third is visible through a hole in the wall.

Evil Professor X in a yellow cape is the funniest thing, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Just watch a montage of all the Apocalypse speeches that's the good stuff

CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!