Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Listen I’m telling you guys maybe the bullets are shaped like that.

It’s a feature not a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

bob dobbs is dead posted:

no, like, "the bullet" being "a bullet from a gun where the rifling is working"

the bizarre thing is how you would get a bullet travelling like that within a few meters of the gun

SnoPuppy
Jun 15, 2005
If the muzzle device is off center and striking the bullet, that could cause it to keyhole pretty quick.
Or if the crown was cut at some weird angle.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
They intentionally make the bullets unstable so that you can swing the gun around really fast and curve them around obstacles

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 1, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Great Autismo! posted:

can I do this mod challenge for a new avatar

I mean I won't believe 95% of poo poo that I'd write, but I definitely could do it

Sure I'm down for it

Gimme your best shot!

Also I love how the PLA trying to make its troops badass shows off how absolutely incompetent they are

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol at the fools in this thread who don't understand China's new medigun

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sure I'm down for it

Gimme your best shot!

Also I love how the PLA trying to make its troops badass shows off how absolutely incompetent they are

can I do a mod challenge for a new av too?

the challenge is to eat Taiwanese popcorn chicken because I haven't done that in a while and it's good

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
A fun video

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-01/watch-four-corners-film-chinese-business-in-solomon-islands/13998292

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
beijing getting cosy with afganistan/taliban, also saw some article about it and the only thing i got from it was sinostan lol

sinostan 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

can I do a mod challenge for a new av too?

the challenge is to eat Taiwanese popcorn chicken because I haven't done that in a while and it's good

Ha! Sure that works for me!

Gotta show proof you had it though. Don't have to doxx yourself but a photo with your username would suffice

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ha! Sure that works for me!

Gotta show proof you had it though. Don't have to doxx yourself but a photo with your username would suffice

You rock

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
If you give soldiers guns that don't work they can't stage an uprising against the Party, duh!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sure I'm down for it

Gimme your best shot!

It's allegedly a strategy to portray Chinese forces as less than fully proficient in the hope that they will be significantly underestimated when push comes to shove.

Obviously that's partly cope (and I think partly true to some extent) but they also clearly release a bunch of unintentionally incompetent stuff, too. I'll believe it's more of a strategy and not an after the fact justification if they ever deal with the iron ricebowl situation in the military

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I mean those export SMGs/PCCs were legendarily bad, people were saying that was intentional and China was keeping the good stuff at home, but thats probably also cope.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TaurusTorus posted:

I mean those export SMGs/PCCs were legendarily bad, people were saying that was intentional and China was keeping the good stuff at home, but thats probably also cope.
Everyone said the same thing about Russian gear. Look at how that turned out.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I don't buy the we're actually puppetmastering you into just THINKING we're incompetent arguments.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
from what i read, the pla is as different from the soviet and postsoviet russian militaries as it is from the us military. strongest bastion of free speech in the prc, had two decades-long periods with complete lack of officers, no nco's to speak of until the post-gulf war reforms, multiple times basically decided foreign policy by random battalion commanders not obeying orders and attacking peeps they felt like attacking, owns huawei lock stock and barrel. real interesting organization

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It's allegedly a strategy to portray Chinese forces as less than fully proficient in the hope that they will be significantly underestimated when push comes to shove.

Obviously that's partly cope (and I think partly true to some extent) but they also clearly release a bunch of unintentionally incompetent stuff, too. I'll believe it's more of a strategy and not an after the fact justification if they ever deal with the iron ricebowl situation in the military

Maybe it is psyops, but man if that's the actual gear they're not even going to be able to invade the Senkakus, much less Taiwan

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Love to spend billions of RMB developing, manufacturing, and training on guns that shoot bullets sideways to lull the decadent west into a false sense of security.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I don't buy the we're actually puppetmastering you into just THINKING we're incompetent arguments.

yeah I don't think it's relevant beyond not forming the entire conception of China's military off of a few hilarious clips. it definitely is not responsible for utterly bizarre poo poo like the sideways bullet gun

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

We need more than one video to draw those conclusions. Not dismissing any other videos nor the conclusion itself, but you need a lot to stand on to be sure of anything. Yes yes Chinese qc and business practice etc, they have also exported millions of rifles with demonstrably good barrels and achieved a myriad other, actually hard, technical achievements. The Chinese industrial situation is not comparable to the russian one.

The PRC military world isn't good like we all know, but you need more before you declare it to be russia-bad.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 1, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's just funny that they made a new gun and released a video showing off that it sucks and doesn't work.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
Aren't the bullets tumbling because they are using rubber bullets?

https://twitter.com/Whisky_Allergic/status/1553970863292026881?s=20&t=n7bmuoSD4YSDc8YMLhbR5w

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

It's just funny that they made a new gun and released a video showing off that it sucks and doesn't work.

That it is. And the 5 dim chess talk is obviously excuses. "Soviet export monkey models" (sic) (also sick) and variations always have been

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That’s why I asked about the rounds!!!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The only place I've seen guns that shoot sideways bullets is in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Making a spitzer-pointed baton round that doesn't engage the rifling is some serious No Why.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Making a spitzer-pointed baton round that doesn't engage the rifling is some serious No Why.

Or dictated by feed ramp geometry
E. Then again, baton rounds in an assault rifle :shepface: or baton rounds as a concept at all

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 1, 2022

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If your bullets go sideways just hold your gun sideways and you’ll always hit your target :hehe:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

oh my god lol

https://twitter.com/Stefano__Denti/status/1554044768572801025

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that's just a call of duty skin

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Still curious about that "railgun" they showed off in drydock a while back.

For a while after Russia face-planted at the start of the Ukraine invasion people were asking "I wonder what the nuke program looks like". I hope to never find out, but it's also more fun to phrase the question as "how bad could it be".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Now I'm no weapons expert but I don't think RPGs are supposed to look like that while firing

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
It's from the solar warrior skin pack, it's normal

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dingbang you rat! How could you give your own comrade the ol' spicy RPG launcher Dingbang?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
RPG of the Balrog +1

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It's from the solar warrior skin pack, it's normal
the RPG has gained the mandate of heaven

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

RPG of the Balrog +1

+10 against mechanized objects, but it damages you for 10 HP each use

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i am not an rpg, so i cannot comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Uhh, I think you'll realize that you're totally in the wrong here:

https://twitter.com/papapoledesu/status/1554169940940390401

Don't pay attention to his cheek melting off.